Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

With disbelief and minimal drama, the PESH are ambling into springtime diffedness!

(1000 Posts)
SinkyMalinks Sat 18-Jan-14 20:29:26

Antenatal fred fun for BESH graduates

CRESH

Faith - pinky faithlet arrived 14th April 2013
Pinkr - suitably pinky one arrived 25th August 2013
Jethro - blue one arrived 23rd September 2013
Noks - a surprisingly breechy pink one arrived 12th January 2014

PESH

Frankel - EDD 4th March
Sinky - EDD 18th March
Merks - EDD 21st March
Driz - EDD 7th June
Draf - EDD 19th June
Kat - EDD 20th June
Winks - EDD 26th June
Dor - EDD 18th August
Ginger - 20th August
Euro - 28th August

Pleasantly busy here, isn't it?

<hangs some cuntbunting in honour of future wins>

Oh god it's scary seeing my name at the top of the list shock

SinkyMalinks Sat 18-Jan-14 20:32:34

Draf - hope your date is right, yours is the only one I had to take directly from the last list!

So... Quite the clusters... The BESH are good at shagging/IUI-ing/ivf-ing in June, September and November then?

SinkyMalinks Sat 18-Jan-14 20:35:33

Damnit frank! I paused to let sinkycat settle on my lap and you steal my boom!

Your punishment is being top of the list...

grin

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 18-Jan-14 20:45:30

<Brings bug's TwatCushions over from the last fred>

Nice work sinks smile

Frank I would be crapping myself if I was top of the list too grin

SinkyMalinks Sat 18-Jan-14 21:14:50

I think you and me are pretty safe fom the top of the list Merks - frank'll hog it for a couple of months then it'll breeze past us to the June cluster!

<throws cushion at Sinks>

evilgiraffe Sat 18-Jan-14 21:34:05

Yep, mine's right smile Funny how we're all in little clusters, eh?

I'm having an Angel marathon tonight, while HOTB is out for a friend's birthday. I'm avoiding it on the basis that said friend is usually occasionally an incredible dickhead, and other friends will be there who will want to talk babies. Is anyone else totally freaked out by the whole idea of diffment? There are very few people I feel comfortable talking about it with, sometimes even thinking about it is too much confused

JethroTull Sat 18-Jan-14 21:53:02

Blimey there is a positive plethora of pregnant ESH grin

FriendofDorothy Sat 18-Jan-14 21:53:55

The clusters are interesting.

It would seem I dropped off one list and straight onto the next one. Very odd!

JethroTull Sat 18-Jan-14 21:54:09

Draf I was freaked out. Didn't talk about my diffedness for weeks <head in sand>

I try not to discuss my diffment with other people, or if it does come up I'm very vague.

evilgiraffe Sat 18-Jan-14 22:10:58

Oh thank god it's not just me, I was beginning to feel like the world's biggest freak. People keep asking "are you excited" and then looking at me like I've grown an extra head when I say no. I'm too confused and frightened to be excited. Talk of names/birth/what we "should" be doing or feeling makes me want to (a) hit people, (b) run away, (c) both.

SinkyMalinks Sat 18-Jan-14 22:20:44

Yup. One colleague keeps asking me if baby is head down/the right position. One fateful day he got a hand to my belly before I could stop him/flinch away/break his arm. I prefer other people to ignore it.

Dor, hope you don't mind being dropped and moved! I did think about having you in both lists or putting a number (2) by your name, but figured we all know anyway.

FriendofDorothy Sat 18-Jan-14 22:27:55

Nope that's fine.

Morning all, hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday planned - more college work for me!

MyNameIsWinkly Sun 19-Jan-14 10:09:08

I start work at 2. Bleurgh. smile

eurochick Sun 19-Jan-14 10:19:10

sinks that's way too overfamiliar! How did you resist slapping him?

I have a cold. Bleugh. On the plus side it is my first in AGES and so it seems to suggest that my immune system has lowered as it should, rather than be up and fighting to evict centime. But I still feel crap.

SinkyMalinks Sun 19-Jan-14 14:20:42

To be honest Euro I was transfixed in horror. Trust me when I say nothing in my work demeanor would ever encourage bump touching.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 19-Jan-14 14:21:53

Nice fred sinks.

And grin at the top of the lister frank. Although I've realised I'll be at the top for an uncomfortably long time.

Hurrah for lowered immune system euro.

Bump touching, noooo. My bumpless nature has protected me so far, also from people feeling the need to talk about it. But my sister tried to touch my imaginary bump yesterday. I slapped her, as you do with sisters. The only people allowed to touch it are SB and midwifes. Sister did literally dismantle a cot for us while we were there. We left it to be picked up another day in another year or two.

evilgiraffe Sun 19-Jan-14 15:07:28

A friend asked to touch my (very, very small) bump last weekend. He took my straight "no" pretty well, but did look a little surprised. It's such a huge invasion of privacy - no-one goes around stroking non-pregnant bellies, do they?

SinkyMalinks Sun 19-Jan-14 15:23:18

I've avoided anyone trying to touch the bump, except for this guy. My parents aren't terribly touchy feely and my inlaws know me too well to give in to their urges (I know it must kill my mil to not have had a feel. In fact, if I was in a good mood and she asked nicely I think I'd let her)

The man at work is v friendly. And his daughter had a pretty horrible labour and postpartum about a year ago, so I give him a little slack. But not so much he'll be getting further bump strokage!

In other topics, i should be writing the introduction to my thesis. Instead we have rearranged the babys room. Cot arrives on thursday and i think thats it really. Still need bits like baby bath, night lights, wipes etc, but think all the main stuff is here... <wibble>

MyNameIsWinkly Sun 19-Jan-14 15:23:48

I let a work colleague pat my (tiny) bump yesterday but then these colleagues would squeeze non pregnant bellies, one grabbed my arm today at the start of the shift, sniffed me and declared how lovely and clean I smelled so I think it depends on the person.

I did smell nice, I'd had a lovely bath in E45 bath oil before work. It's the best thing ever for dry skin. However the morning shift cooked a fry up in the building and now after an hour and a half I probably smell of bacon.

This thread is not accepting new messages.