Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2014 - Thread 4! Moving into the 2nd trimester and starting to glow.

(989 Posts)
talulahbelle Sat 18-Jan-14 13:08:21

Didn't see one started, as our last thread looks full. Let's hope we are all kicking the early pregnancy sickness and starting to glow smile

talulahbelle Sat 18-Jan-14 13:10:12

July Due Dates

Pencilsandprams - (26th June)
Roozocheeks - (26th June)
Rainbowweaver - (27th June)
Biffle - (27th June)
Mrsc020987 - (28th June)
LadyGoneGaga - (29th June)
Pearlsaplenty - (29 June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
MrsA2 - 1st
BrightonSquirrel – 1st
AhoyMcCoy - 2nd
Liquidstate - 2nd
deeda811 - 2nd
getagoldtoof - 2nd
Jaykay - 2nd
Jbiscuits - 2nd
Trish07 - 2nd
Eepie – 2nd
LittleLee81 - 2nd
Fiveleaves 3rd
Moochie01 - 4th
Theborrower - 4th
Collie1806 - 5th
Lemonpoppyseed - 6th
Frostina - 6th
AuntieMaggie - 6th
MargeryDaw- 6th
FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy - 6th
OttersPocket - 7th
Ismarah - 7th
LucyB1 – 7th
Sera77 - 7th
SomeDizzyWhore1804 - 8th
Casmama - 8th
xjulesx - 9th
JuiceInAWineGlass – 9th
coco808 – 9th
Incapinka – 9th
fifi669 - 10th
Blueberry234 - 10th
grobagsforever - 11th
Ipsumlorem - 11th
elliejjtiny - 11th
SmallOlympianbear - 11th
Icklekid – 11th
mamachelle - 11th
Umanayana - 12th
LemonLovely - 12th (twins)
BlueC2 - 12th
Dollydaydream2 – 13th
Ladybunnikins - 14th
Sparky321 - 14th
HomeIsWhereTheGinIs- 14th #BLUE
kim2783 - 14th
Mummystein - 14th
Lauranne - 14th
Sparklesandfizz – 14th
Zing - 15th
MGJoey - 15th
SuzB83 - 15th
ComeBabyCome – 15th
ellentullo - 15th
Charotte31 - 16th
Becky2208 – 16th
Littleangel21 - 17th
LazyDogJumpedOver - 17th
StrawberryNesquik - 17th
Beanpod13 – 17th
firstbaby01 - 17th
PicnicPie - 18th
MoreSnowPlease - 18th
Jeezaloo - 18th
Elllimam - 18th
NerdyBird - 18th
It'sAlwaysBetterOnHoliday – 18th
turnwest – 18th
museumworker - 19th
oo00PIXIE00oo – 19th
MissSlackPants84 – 20th
WinterBabyof89 - 20th
teaandkittens - 21st
justhayley - 21st
kiki88 - 21st
BringOn2014 - 22nd
pinkbunny2012 - 22nd
Bubbless - 22nd
Kim222 - 23rd
baggyoldcow - 24th (Twins)
Froglet88 - 24th
Plateofcrumbs – 24th
Safyre – 25th
LaDay - 25th
Babymamatobe- 26th
talulahbelle- 26th
Howly - 26th
NancyinCali - 26th #PINK
Hollyjokes- 27th
ShoesBagsDresses - 27th
MrsKate - 27th
FlyLikeABird - 27th
Bentley1981 – 27th
IHatePopUpTents - 27th
Fox82 - 28th
DaisyBank82 - 29th
TheBookOfRuth- 29th
DorotheaHomeAlone - 29th
ChristmasCrackFox - 30th
MrsKate - 30th
ImMarmite - 31st
AnyFuckingClue - ???
Baggyoldcow - ???
Insideout - ???
Khaleesi1985 - ???
osinachi - ???
Em1503 - ???
LucyB1 - ???
DinkyMole - (1st August)

coco808 Sat 18-Jan-14 14:13:57

talula that rhymes smile

sorry zing blush...I just had some breakfast

theborrower Sat 18-Jan-14 14:25:41

Hello everyone, are we on a 4th thread already?? How's everyone doing?

I still have a sick 3 year old, so it's another quiet day on the couch for me...

oo00PIXIE00oo Sat 18-Jan-14 14:41:01

Marking my place smile visiting my sister for the weekend so be back soon x

ZingSweetApple Sat 18-Jan-14 15:41:30

We've just seen our hopefully future house and put in an offer.
It would be a private sale, but they need to find somewhere to go...

I can not think through the enormity of it all, so making a blanket for nephew instead and trying not to scream with excitement.

I want that house so much....

ismarah Sat 18-Jan-14 16:00:25

Fx Zing!

We went on a long dog hike this morning and met up with a friend who had a baby girl at Christmas. Everything went perfectly both in pregnancy and (VB) birth, completely textbook and now she's off traipsing in the woods with dogs for an hour a day while her DH carries the baby. Apparently she went on her first walk after the birth 3 days post.

I wanna be like that! where do I sign up

mummytobejuly2014 Sat 18-Jan-14 16:09:56

midwife referred me to epu for a scan as was having small bleeds. everything fine however our due date on my file &her measurements are for 11th july not 21st. dont know why booking appointment told us 21st when they wrote down 11th at the same time :s booking appointment was very rushed and I left feeling none the wiser. brought this up with my midwife who said my folder was very rushed and higgledypiggledy. she also seen on paper due date should be 11th. anyone else had this kind of experience

NancyinCali Sat 18-Jan-14 16:16:37

Lovely new thread, thank you talulah.

Oh yes FX Zing, so exciting!

ismarah I was out and about walking (gingerly) around the block on day 3. But you'll do whatever your body says it can do, no point overdoing it.

mummytobe I haven't had that experience. Sounds very frustrating. Hope it is all cleared up quickly.

talulahbelle Sat 18-Jan-14 16:22:43

I went out earlier and made my first baby purchase - a second hand moses basket and stand, both excellent condition from a local Facebook selling group, and only £15.
But now I'm panicking I've jinxed my pregnancy as we were not planning on buying anything until 24weeks at the earliest.
Someone please help me to calm down...

zing new houses are so exciting. I know it's supposed to be stressful but I always loved the planned and packing and moving. I hope your offer is accepted.

ismarah sounds like your friend was very lucky. Fingers crossed we are all that lucky.

coco808 Sat 18-Jan-14 17:13:29

don't worry talula that was a very sensible purchase smile so jealous..

fingers crossed for your offer zing. when do you find out?

MrsA2 Sat 18-Jan-14 17:23:44

Oh Zing that is exciting, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

We looked at three houses today. Two need a lot of work and so are out (we wouldn't have the cash to buy them and do the work) but the third is great, we are now however worried as it is the same price as the others, seemingly at least as good road and yet doesn't need work. Can't work out whether something is wrong (it's been on the market ages too).

We are going to view a few more but can't find any in our budget so are (probably stupidly) going to look at houses up to 30k more. Then we just need to work out how comfortable we are really stretching ourselves I guess...

AuntieMaggie Sat 18-Jan-14 17:24:38

Fx zing

Thanks for the new thread talulah

jaykay987 Sat 18-Jan-14 17:30:00

FX zing.

No glow here yet (16+3). Just had another afternoon nap as we plan on going to cinema tonight and I would like to stay awake for the film......

Ipsumlorem Sat 18-Jan-14 18:26:42

just popping in to mark place and say hi! been reading but been so busy with work etc since xmas - so it's a good job I've finally got some energy back smile Sickness still bad at times but far easier to manage when I don't feel the need to sleep for 12hours a day!

zing good luck with the house.

talulah I feel a similar way about the jinxing. I picked up my bounty pack the other day and couldn't resist buying a small 'starter pack' of clothes which I duly spent the night folding and refolding. Thought dh would be annoyed as we said we wouldn't get anything til after 20wk scan but he actually couldn't stop smiling while he looked through them smile He said it makes it feel more 'real' for him and that he is starting to get really excited. I hope I haven't jinxed anything but I figure if the worst were to happen we would be devastated with or without a few tiny clothes being about iykwim.

DaisyBank82 Sat 18-Jan-14 18:35:49

Can anyone recommend a good pregnancy book please? I am worried What to Expect might be a bit too American.
Quite a lazy day here. Still sick when I brushed my teeth this morning but feeling much better in general. no glow yet though! My amazing husband is cooking me dinner and I'm lying on the sofa with one of the cats feeling quite content.

LaDay Sat 18-Jan-14 18:55:33

Hey daisy, What to expect has a British version and is well worth it, also for after the arrival "Your baby week by week" is worth a look...

Just spent the afternoon praying to the porcelein again grrr...thought this was supposed to be over after our first trimester?!

Any ideas appreciated (seems afternoons are worst)

DaisyBank82 Sat 18-Jan-14 19:00:38

Thank you laday I didn't know that, will investigate. The only thing that worked for me was eating small snacks regularly even if I didn't fancy them. I'm afraid they weren't always healthy e.g. plain crisps but I found that kept the worst of the sickness at bay. Oh and fresh grapefruit for some reason.

Becky2208 Sat 18-Jan-14 19:07:41

Hi all, haven't posted for a while as I've been busy with work. Hope you're all ok. Daisy, I've been reading Expecting: Everything you need to know about pregnancy, labour and birth, by Anna McGrail and Daphne Metland - it gives you a week by week guide which I've found quite good as you can read it in little chunks.

I've been really emotional over the past couple of weeks, and I'm totally paranoid that something is going to wrong - we managed to conceive so quickly that it feels inevitable. The 20 week scan can't come quick enough! I've got until the 26th Feb to wait though.

I'm also worried about jinxing things - we've bought some nursery furniture from my cousin - she bought it from Mamas and Papas and spent around £700, but she's selling it to us for £250, so we felt we couldn't say no really.

BlueC2 Sat 18-Jan-14 19:37:45

Ooh shiny new thread smile thanks talulah

After feeling rotten this morning-totally wiped out-i somehow managed to drag myself out and we had a lovely walk through woodlands at a nearby National Trust place. DS was all wrapped up and in his wellies and all-in-one waterproof suit and had such good fun discovering squelchy mud under his feet and splashing in muddy puddles-these are precious parenting moments smile

zing hope all goes well with the house and MrsA2 it's such an emotional rollercoaster trying to find the right place, sell your place and actually get moved!

Re. Pregnancy books I read the 'what to expect' book but my best book by far was on breastfeeding 'the womanly art of breastfeeding' the title and cover sound a bit hippy but I have read and reread sections of it and found it incredibly helpful in the early days and ongoing with breastfeeding-for anyone who really wants to bf I would highly recommend reading it!

Sorry to hear of those still feeling and being sick sad not fun! I haven't been sick since Tuesday night after we got back from the cinema so hoping it may be lifting-still had several retching but not actually sick moments though! Bring on the 2nd trimester glow smile

liquidstate Sat 18-Jan-14 21:29:54

Not much to say, have spent most of the day vomiting and sleeping on the sofa. With pooch licking my bump at times, he is very attentive at the moment. Pooch was very good with baby nephew yesterday, actually ignored him which was very pleasing. My leather recliner for the nursery was used to feed nephew and given the thumbs up by SIL.

Sadly we haven't bought a baby book yet but have invested in one about dogs and babies blush.

Am waiting for the glow to come. Where the hell is it??? angry

mummytobejuly2014 Sat 18-Jan-14 21:32:17

I can recommend the womanly art of breastfeeding too. I haven't been able to put it down, really relaxed approach to everything

NancyinCali Sat 18-Jan-14 21:54:54

I'm planning to read the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding later too. I liked Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth last time. I just finished Emily Oster's Expecting Better which was really useful I thought. I remember reading a really good one when I was pregnant with DD but I can't remember it's name… had a bright pink cover, ringing any bells? And this one I liked too. I had so much more time to read before! But I didn't read anything about what to actually do with the baby once I had her which was a bit of an oversight!

Went to my first pre-natal yoga class today and had coffee after with a fellow Brit which was fab.

lemonpoppyseed Sat 18-Jan-14 22:17:37

Also checking in to mark place and say hello. I think my nausea might have finally passed, but am not quite believing it! Had an appointment with OB this week, all is well - isn't the thud of the baby heartbeat the most glorious sound ever? Anatomy scan is booked for Feb 10 - exciting!

Glad to hear all is well with everyone!

ismarah Sat 18-Jan-14 22:48:05

Ooh what was the book about dogs and babies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now