Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

June 2014 -Thread 8- 20 week scans, gender reveals... Halfway through!

(993 Posts)
GillyBillyWilly Thu 16-Jan-14 14:46:03

Jump in the new thread ladies!!!! smile

misshoohaa Thu 24-Apr-14 07:51:07

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2061163-June-2014-eviction-notices-being-prepared-rose-hip-tea-curry-shagging-and-pineapple-at-the-ready

New thread! smile

misshoohaa Thu 24-Apr-14 07:14:28

Good article - thanks Eliza!
We had both, a Bjorn and an ergo and the Bjorn is much more user friendly, I felt comfortable and DS looked quite comfortable.

Ergo was good but the upper shoulder strap was a nightmare to clip when on my own, I've kept it but wasn't completely sold on it!

We also had a babasling for a while but DS always looked as if he was cramped and I worried about him suffocating many a times so we sold it eventually.

On the whole slings didn't suit us as much as I know they do others, I didn't like DS's face being hidden and much preferred him in his bassinet of the buggy where practical!

I guess the good things with slings is they usually maintain their value so you can always eBay them for a fair price if you find they don't suit.

ElizaB3 Wed 23-Apr-14 23:41:15

I was having a sling dilemma until my DH came home having bought a Baby Bjorn - that kind of put it to bed! He wanted a sling so went to John Lewis & bought one; typically hassle-free male approach!

There's a good article here if anyone's heard negatives about the Baby Bjorn;

https://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/01/25/will-the-babybjorn-endanger-your-infants-health/

I think it's unlikely a best selling product in John Lewis is detrimental in any way, I can't vouch for the comfort aspect yet, but DH said he liked it as it was the neatest looking, easy to adjust & the sales person said it was the most popular.

DebH1975 Wed 23-Apr-14 19:26:16

I have no idea about slings - going to visit the local sling library to have a look at various ones and hopefully get some advice

Sussex31 Wed 23-Apr-14 17:35:40

Despite the fact my bump has got a lot bigger recently, I have had 2 WHOLE nights' sleep for the past 2 nights.

No getting up to pee every 2 hours, no leg cramps, no dislocating hips. Wow. I haven't been so awake in weeks.

There's no way this will last but loving it whilst it does!

jaykay987 Wed 23-Apr-14 17:25:23

I think I'll go with the ergo. Just need to find it on a good deal. I won't be using it - my back won't take it - but hopefully DH will get along with it.

wispaxmas Wed 23-Apr-14 16:40:54

I bought the ergo as it is supposed to be better for baby's hips and spine development and easier on my back! The baby bjorn is a crotch dangler and I've heard they're uncomfortable to wear after a short while. We got the ergo when it was on offer wink

Redcliff Wed 23-Apr-14 14:41:31

I had one of the old baby Bjorne last time which I think you not meant to use for a long time per day as the support isn't great (although I only found that out after son was older and I used it all the time with no ill effect ) but the new ones are meant to be fine. I brought an Ergo this time round - although its more expensive and looks less sturdy than other the reviews are great and seems to be the most comfy if you wear them for a prolonged period. I am hoping for some big days out in the summer and some places in London are not pram friendly.

Jessiebaba Wed 23-Apr-14 12:27:57

I hit 30 weeks on Monday JayKay and I suddenly feel very pregnant! I've been moaning about being tired almost all of this pregnancy but it feels like I've entered a whole new realm of tiredness - keeping my eyes open at work is a real struggle and that's after a pretty decent 7 hours sleep last night! I dread to think how bad it is going to get as I get further on... shock

I'm totally confused as to what sling to get. I got a cot2tot one ages ago as it was on offer but I'm also wanting one more like an ergo for walking the dogs. I'm not sure if an ergo is the one to go for though? My SIL is giving us her Baby Bjorn as her youngest is just at the stage where she's too big for it now but I've heard lots of negative things about the Baby Bjorn so I'm not sure I want to use it (surprising that SIL has used it as she's a consultant doctor and very clued up - usually more so than me! I haven't mentioned my reservations to her as I don't want her to think I'm judging her for using one!).

jaykay987 Wed 23-Apr-14 11:08:47

I find I never have much sympathy for DH's aches and pains! smile

I got 6 hours sleep last night! I feel like a new woman today! grin

How's everyone enjoying the countdown at work? I hit 30weeks today - so I'm 75% done!

I've also purchased my entire Amazon wishlist I created back in the first trimester! I've still got a few hospital bag bits and an isofix car seat base to get. I also need a sling for DH which is the only thing I'm not sure exactly what I'll be getting.

CleverOl10 Tue 22-Apr-14 20:56:21

Thanks - you were right, work wasn't as bad as I'd though, although legs so stiff tonight! Still not feeling massively sympathetic towards DH though!

Redcliff Tue 22-Apr-14 08:33:34

Well done on 8 hours Marlena - took me ages to get to sleep last night. I have found a couple of rennies can do the trick sometimes. Also have had a couple of weeks away from the office and know I will have a ton of work to go back to. Never mind - only 4 weeks to go.

MarlenaGru Tue 22-Apr-14 06:03:38

Good luck today clever I often find the thought of work harder than being there so hopefully it will be ok! Sorry your dh is grumpy too! Competitive grumpiness strikes us all and I try not to murder dh when he says he is so tired or has a sore foot etc... tbugrin

CleverOl10 Mon 21-Apr-14 22:36:58

I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow since I seem to have got majorly more pregnant over the two weeks I've had off and am worried about coping. I don't want to discuss it with anyone in RL as they will just treat me as if I definitely can't cope and I just want to keep going until I can't anymore. If that makes sense! Plus I know it's not entered DH's head as he has been in a foul mood all evening about him having a bad day back at work tomorrow....got to admit to choosing not to talk to him over shouting in his face about how I think mine will worse!

MarlenaGru Mon 21-Apr-14 20:18:57

Eek to the swelling feet and sleepless nights mitchell I managed 8 hours last night which is unheard of at the moment. Of course it meant waking up in agony with my poor back!

MarlenaGru Mon 21-Apr-14 20:17:32

Oops! Lights off to try and get DD to go to sleep! She is very tired and therefore refusing to go to sleep.

Can't wait for Sunday when we have booked a 3D scan to take DD to meet her new sibling. She is going to be very excited... Just hope all is well. Eventhough I have had everything come back fine so far I can't help worrying.

MarlenaGru Mon 21-Apr-14 20:15:17

Last night of holiday for us in Malta but still not back at work til Thursday - woohoo! So bloody sick of work. Usually love my job but as usual they have decided as I am pregnant they can take the piss. Really upsetting when you really do try hard and put in the effort deapite wanting to crawl under a rock and sleep most days.

Husband is snoring already as we have the l

Mitchell2 Mon 21-Apr-14 18:28:03

My weekend was spent at the inlaws. Quite relaxing actually, although new pregnancy ailments have arisen namely not being able to sleep comfortably and my feet have started swelling! 32 weeks tomorrow... The count down begins!

Redcliff Mon 21-Apr-14 16:35:48

Is everyone enjoying their Easter weekend? I managed a walk to Pizza Hut today for lunch ( just to make sure we all left the house) and back again and it's wiped me out! DS and DP stayed out for an extra half an hour playing football so had some sofa tv time but its never enough is it?

mylittlel Sun 20-Apr-14 09:31:06

Sophie we had to book private as i had only 2 NHS scans and they didnt find any abnormalities, and as i want to make sure that everything is definitely fine and she is ok we booked private one, it was hard to find a cheap growth scan, all are over £100

SophiePickle Sun 20-Apr-14 00:04:14

My mother in law thinks I should be on bed rest until the baby arrives. 9 weeks time... Today she kept asking me if I wanted a cup of tea, if I was warm enough, if I wanted a lie down, bringing me blankets, bringing me food. All very nice but dude, leave me alone!
I think mother in laws are well meaning but at least I can tell my own mam to stop fussing me but I don't feel like I can with my mother in law!

I've got my 31 week appt on Tuesday. Baby was transverse last appt. she said it's nothing to worry about so far but might be something to keep an eye on closer to my due date. Any one else's baby transverse?
I've been crawling around the house on all fours to try and give it space to move. Pretty sure it's still transverse!

mylittel, is your scan an extra one or have you always been scheduled for it? My scheduled scans were only 12 and 20 weeks

SophiePickle Sat 19-Apr-14 23:46:37

stacks Remember to get a waterproof mattress protector in case your waters go in the night and ruin your brand new mattress!

Redcliff Sat 19-Apr-14 23:32:56

Ah yes - the double edged sword of those that want to buy lots of stuff. My mum is a bit like this so I asked her to get the pram and then said to anything else "I couldn't possibly let you as you have been so generous already". Seems to have done the trick.

Mitchell2 Sat 19-Apr-14 20:32:12

Rant away... I don't see my inlaws that much but we are at theirs this weekend. His mum really really wants to buy us something but I've already got everything (and she has questionable taste!). It's nice I think that we have in laws that are excited though, but it know exactly what you mean about just getting on with it yourself and also wanting for others like your mum to be able to buy stuff if they want too.

mylittlel Sat 19-Apr-14 10:03:16

Feel a bit annoyed with my Mother-in-law she keep asking us what we still have to buy, do we have a list, and not out of interest but to buy these bits and not to tell us, i found out about this via sister-in-law its very nice of her but my mum as she lives far away even didnt have a chance to buy anything yet, and now has to buy small bits which is annoying as every time my hubby mentioned something to his mum she went and bought it without consulting us, maybe its pregnancy but it just **es me off every time, i told her obviously in a nice way that i wont show her the list and told hubby to keep this mouth shut (its the only way to stop her), and i do like my in laws, but some things they do are so inappropriate even if the think its a good gesture, sometimes its not
sometimes it feels as if im so stupid so dont know myself what to buy, as all this questions do we have a mosquito net, do we have parasol, sunshade etc etc plus she works in a nursery, i just feel like i want them to leave me alone and get on with things
sorry for the rant)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now