Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2014 -Thread 8- 20 week scans, gender reveals... Halfway through!

(993 Posts)
GillyBillyWilly Thu 16-Jan-14 14:46:03

Jump in the new thread ladies!!!! smile

chestnutmare Mon 24-Feb-14 11:03:50

Hey everyone, hope you're all well smile
I had a nice weekend, bought a few bits for the baby, also for me!

Got my 24 week appointment with my midwife tomorrow, feels like ages since I saw her last, which I guess it was, Christmas eve! So hope that goes OK.

Going to buy our pram tomorrow after work, can't wait! grin

Biffle Tue 25-Feb-14 13:59:54

Hormones are running riot at the moment. Bawling my eyes out constantly, feeling VERY insecure and poor DP is bearing the brunt of it all in his daily phone calls. He feels so helpless stuck on base when I am like this and it just makes me feel even more sorry for myself that I am on my own all week.

Doesn't help that I have been having awful vivid dreams every night that seem to be praying on my deep seated insecurities. Really don't remember pregnancy being this tough!!

HannahC1989 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:46:43

I want to join the facebook page but i dont know who to pm or how?? Help xx

Biffle Tue 25-Feb-14 20:00:41

Hannah, pm GillyBillyWilly with your fb email address and she can add you smile

GillyBillyWilly Tue 25-Feb-14 21:34:13

Yes send me a message... Just need your email address smile

GillyBillyWilly Tue 25-Feb-14 21:36:09

Ps the Facebook group is totally private and you can't even SEE the group or search for it unless you have been invited and joined it!
It's completely ninja grin

Mitchell2 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:48:10

Biffle I know what you mean. I cried at work today - it all got too much and I realised I only have three months to go and so much to do hmm

Stupid hormones!

CleverOl10 Tue 25-Feb-14 21:54:21

Loving "ninja"! We are currently considering ninja turtle names due to a baby developing ninja style moves and a ds obsessed with them!

Liquidambar Wed 26-Feb-14 08:23:35

Mitchell I'm with you. I am not sure whether I'm extremely worried or happy when I think I only have less than 13weeks at work....

grin at the ninja movements clever! because my placenta is in the front it's much harder to feel the movements, but with Ds1 it was funny to watch the kicks

Redcliff Thu 27-Feb-14 10:08:17

Work has gone crazy big time - long days planned all next week! Hired a temp yesterday to start tomorrow so hope that eases things.

Just had my midwife appointment and went really well - even got to hear the heartbeat which is always great! Hope your all having good Wednesdays !

Stacks Thu 27-Feb-14 14:05:15

It's been really quiet on here recently. I've just not got much to talk about really. Enjoying time with my DS, and strangely not feeling very broody at all for another baby. hmm I'm sure it'll come soon, I found my pregnancy with DS really abstract, I found it difficult to believe I was actually going to have a baby until I had him smile

Lmf679 Thu 27-Feb-14 15:11:46

stacks I'm getting very impatient, I think it's because I've not got long left at work and if I'm honest I'm getting a bit bored of being pregnant now, I just want June to come quickly so I can meet my little one and get on with the next chapter in my life. I'm sure it will be really hard work but I do have dreams of sitting outside the pub with the pram on a nice sunny day enjoying a glass of wine or spritzer at the very least.

Mitchell2 Thu 27-Feb-14 15:40:11

Oh LMF thats my dream too but seems to bloody distant envy at your leaving soonish!

Stacks I am not broody at all and this is my first. Waiting for it to kick in! apart from that, really just enjoying the pregnancy - the indigestion, the pains, the peeing, the getting fatter, the swollen legs.... hahah - i made it so glamorous smile I totally have missed the second trimester glow piece!

CleverOl10 Thu 27-Feb-14 18:42:54

Erm Redcliffe....its Thursday! wink

Redcliff Thu 27-Feb-14 19:51:36

Omg - cant believe I thought it was Wednesday ! It has been one of those weeks. Oddly I am also not feeling broody - just having a look at pics of Simon Cowles (sp?) new baby and although very cute not making me "ahhh" at all

jaykay987 Fri 28-Feb-14 06:10:09

Anyone think time is going really fast? Everyday at work takes forever - but 17weeks left to go doesn't sound like much!

Mitchell2 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:20:12

jaykay - yes but no.... Maternity leave seems AAAAGGGEEEESSSSS away but I know that all of a sudden I will be off.

GillyBillyWilly Fri 28-Feb-14 17:59:54

I have 11 weeks left in work!
13 weeks til due date!
Woohoooo smile

Stacks Fri 28-Feb-14 18:23:47

I'm finding it really hard to remember how far along I am, or have any concept of when June is. I think as the weather starts warming up more I'll tune into the fact it's not that long to go really!

MarlenaGru Fri 28-Feb-14 19:20:57

I can't believe I am having a baby either! I often wake up thinking it is all a dream.

12 weeks left of work and one of holiday so actually only 11 working weeks hopefully! I still have to get HR approval and my matb form..

CleverOl10 Fri 28-Feb-14 19:32:22

I have noticed that people have started saying "not long now" since I turned 25 weeks. June still seems a long way off though!

Also a tad concerned that the finance/hr person at work today asked for my matb1 when I handed it to her three weeks ago! Hmmmm...hmm

lindamagoo Fri 28-Feb-14 19:56:08

Gilly what date in June are you due? Have you spoke to Dosney lately? x

Bezzabelle Fri 28-Feb-14 20:07:03

Hi all, not been on this thread for a while as all seems very quiet and as I'm not on Facebook, I can't join the chat there so have been on the may thread.

I've got 5 weeks left at work which is going to go pretty fast I imagine. I'm feeling pretty huge (only 27 weeks tomor) and have hit the 2 stone mark already but think its mainly bump although my face is looking puffy! Think my nose and lips look fat!

I'm partly wanting the time to hurry up and for me to meet baby but also am slightly dreading the dealing with sleep deprivation of having a newborn with a toddler to deal with too. Trying to cling on to fact the sleepness nights don't last forever.... Have got lots of friends pregnant so am looking forward to spending my maternity leave with them all.

Have good weekend everyone.

Mitchell2 Fri 28-Feb-14 21:31:38

bezza I'm sure your not huge! smile I know the feeling, although resolutely are not hitting the scales. Nearly 25 weeks for me and I've developed a waddle in the evenings and my legs etc start to swell a bit. Oh the glamour of pregnancygrin

Very jealous of your 5 weeks to go... Mine is more like 13 but I have the start of next week off and a few more trips planned for work and holiday between now and then so hope time flies!

panicmechanic Sat 01-Mar-14 09:44:22

Hi there haven't been on for a while. Had a scan yesterday (I am now 25 weeks) consultant said that they won't confirm until 32 weeks but I am likely to have a Cs at 35 weeks - 10 weeks just seems so close! I can't work out when to finish work might work upto the week before. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now