Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014 Thread 16 - More babies arrive or we make delicious lasagnes whilst we wait

(1000 Posts)
enormouse Wed 15-Jan-14 11:27:18

Here you go - New thread! (Procrastinating wildly)

TobyLerone Wed 15-Jan-14 11:36:57

I'm in!

Felix90 Wed 15-Jan-14 11:37:50

Thank you for the new thread!

Frizz1986 Wed 15-Jan-14 11:41:32

Checking in and thanks for the reassurance. Just need to keep up with the feeding and she should keep putting on weight and then it should go. It's just so frustrating.

Am just waiting for the hearing test at hospital number 2. No parking spaces so have abandoned on yellows! Uh oh!
Annoying as hearing test was at 1130 and they want baby relaxed and fed so timed everything this morning so she would be happy for the app and it appears someone else's baby wasn't settled for theirs so they have now gone in my slot as the baby is settled now. Hope it doesn't mess Aurelia up as want to get in and get out ASAP.

Sorry for the arsey dps. I don't think they are able to comprehend how exhausting it is looking after a baby. You can spend the whole day feeding and then changing nappies and then settling baby to sleep, getting nothing else done.

Hope that some people get closer to popping today or actually pop. Got my fingers crossed for all of you.

Naturegirl82 Wed 15-Jan-14 11:41:45

Checking in. Now must go and finish tidying and stop watching this morning

BuntCadger Wed 15-Jan-14 11:46:29

Thanks for new thread smile

Woo..thanks enormouse!

Hope you get seen soon frizz.

tarka are you feeling any better today? Mastitis is absolutely awful, hope things improve a bit before tomorrow.

Angelesque Wed 15-Jan-14 12:19:00

Love the title smile I spent most of my first day if mat leave making lasagne... day three today and it's going to be spinach and feta pie!

littleraysofsunshine Wed 15-Jan-14 12:26:10

Howdy!

Mythreeknights Wed 15-Jan-14 12:26:19

Checking in...omg, I have just had my tax bill through (am freelance) and was £765 higher than previously thought...and the car has just been to the garage...half the savings I had for matleave have been vaporised in one go. Fuckity fuck.

Naturegirl82 Wed 15-Jan-14 12:34:23

Oh mythree that's really crap.

Well I just had a break downsad Hit my back on the friggin door handle and omg it hurt so bad I had to sit on the floor and cry.

enormouse my mw is great. I'm using the 1-2-1 service so I see the same mw all the time and she took my hypnobirthing class as well so feel like I have quite a good relationship with her. If I had opted for a home birth she would deliver the baby as well, but alas it will be a hospital birth for me.

Frizz1986 Wed 15-Jan-14 12:40:53

Oh poop mythree

TarkaTheOtter Wed 15-Jan-14 12:42:25

Eat the house enormouse. You deserve it!

Still bed bound with mastitis but starting to feel more human. Antibiotics are helping but blockage is still there so I'm worried it'll just come back. I'm so cross because I knew the vests weren't a great fit (I bought them after engorgement with dd) so the whole thing was completely avoidable. Grrr he's such a good feeder as well, dd had a terrible latch and I never had mastitis. Seems unfair.

Naturegirl82 Wed 15-Jan-14 13:38:34

I second that enormouse eat the house

Toothfairy78 Wed 15-Jan-14 14:00:57

Reporting for lurking duty!

Percypiglet Wed 15-Jan-14 14:01:14

Checking in.....

Humpty how are you getting on ? Anymore contractions? I've had 3 nights of period like cramping and same yday in the day but no absolutely NOTHING!! Am getting some cooking done though - 5 meals frozen now...seems to take forever.

enormouse Wed 15-Jan-14 14:02:17

Well we ate the house (or half of it) it was delicious. Much better as just plain gingerbread than with all the sickly icing and sweets. smile

nature that sounds like a fantastic service. But I heard that they had lost the funding for it? Is that just a rumour (I hope)?

Naturegirl82 Wed 15-Jan-14 14:20:59

enormouse I'm not sure I had heard the same thing but my mw seems to have new people she has just taken on so I don't know. It would be a shame if the service stops as it is great.

MrsGSR Wed 15-Jan-14 14:50:54

Checking in smile due today and still no signs of anything. I will be pregnant forever.

flyawayblue Wed 15-Jan-14 15:22:31

Also due today and nothing happening so will join you in the pregnant forever corner.

Spent the morning going for a walk then had lunch out and am now relaxing watching tv about to make chocolate cookies. Trying to keep my mind off due date..

Good luck to all those with twinges and new babies smile

HabitualHobbyist Wed 15-Jan-14 15:26:36

Checking in. Thanks for the new thread.

Had my 40 weeks appointment this morning and a stretch and sweep. Baby is nice and low but cervix was too high for mw to reach sad.

Booked in for an induction on 24th if no progress made by then. Very much hope we don't need that as I would really like a water birth if all goes to plan.

Agree with the boredom. Don't know how to relax, but not physically up to doing much.

Hope everyone is doing well. Far too many to name check and starting to lose track a little.

Checking in

MrsVDB Wed 15-Jan-14 16:29:57

Checking in with a week to go...

Gp checked my bp today and down to 125/75 so ridiculous amount of swelling must be normal. Good to put my mind at rest

Mum came up to do cleaning today which was a great help apart from scratching my lovely expensive hob I have done a lot of sorting so getting there but still loads to do after a year of living in a building site it's like starting from scratch putting things away. Still loads of washing to do but until the tumble dryer arrives next week each load takes a day to dry

OnlyThePurpleOnes Wed 15-Jan-14 16:37:42

Hello new thread!

Wish I could say I had something to report - alas not. Walle the length and breadth of the mall today to try to get thing moving. Nothing so far. Treated myself to a strawberries and cream pancake for lunch for being so energetic! grin

Everyone is being so good getting dinners in the freezer. I might make that my mission for tomorrow. Otherwise we will exist on cheese toasties and cornflakes for at least 6 weeks pp. my mum flies out end of jan though so I'm putting her In charge of sustenance!

BuntCadger Wed 15-Jan-14 16:37:56

Still contracting and starting to feel fed up. It's been days now and not looking forward to another night of uncertainty. I wish they'd ramp up to the point I need help so that'd I could go in but I don't want to go in to hang around for hours on end. been keeping busy at home and dh been great today.

This thread is not accepting new messages.