Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ELCS/ vaginal birth- Taunton Consultants

(5 Posts)
Sometimesbrunette Mon 07-Apr-14 23:03:09

Hello

I'm due to give birth at musgrove. Not for ages though.

I've got my first consultant appointment (other medical condition) on 29th. Her name is Melanie Robson. I haven't met her yet.

Sleepyhoglet Wed 02-Apr-14 20:42:37

Hi coco. I'm the same as you but doubting I will be granted an elective c section as first baby and no medical reasons. I know one of the midwifes at Taunton even though I no longer live in that area

coco808 Sat 11-Jan-14 17:13:57

because I definitely don't want a forceps delivery. Also I do not trust they will intervene in time and get the obstetrician and anesthetist if I need intervention. Since sooo many births need intervention, I'm not prepared to take that risk

Twinsplusonesurprise Thu 09-Jan-14 23:06:28

Why do you want one?
If it's reasonable I would say your consultant will listen to you.
I had an emergency C first time. Second time I was going to ask for planned C but decided to VBAC.
Ended up C anyway - for non scary reasons!
Consultant would have been happy to plan it at the start though.

coco808 Thu 09-Jan-14 20:25:30

I'm planning on begging my consultant at Musgrove to give me an ELCS in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone had similar experience? I want to do a background search on the consultants and staff there. Thank you in advance and happy pregnancies ladies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now