Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ELCS/ vaginal birth- Taunton Consultants

(5 Posts)
coco808 Thu 09-Jan-14 20:25:30

I'm planning on begging my consultant at Musgrove to give me an ELCS in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone had similar experience? I want to do a background search on the consultants and staff there. Thank you in advance and happy pregnancies ladies smile

Twinsplusonesurprise Thu 09-Jan-14 23:06:28

Why do you want one?
If it's reasonable I would say your consultant will listen to you.
I had an emergency C first time. Second time I was going to ask for planned C but decided to VBAC.
Ended up C anyway - for non scary reasons!
Consultant would have been happy to plan it at the start though.

coco808 Sat 11-Jan-14 17:13:57

because I definitely don't want a forceps delivery. Also I do not trust they will intervene in time and get the obstetrician and anesthetist if I need intervention. Since sooo many births need intervention, I'm not prepared to take that risk

Sleepyhoglet Wed 02-Apr-14 20:42:37

Hi coco. I'm the same as you but doubting I will be granted an elective c section as first baby and no medical reasons. I know one of the midwifes at Taunton even though I no longer live in that area

Sometimesbrunette Mon 07-Apr-14 23:03:09

Hello

I'm due to give birth at musgrove. Not for ages though.

I've got my first consultant appointment (other medical condition) on 29th. Her name is Melanie Robson. I haven't met her yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now