Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

baby shower ideas???

(6 Posts)
Mytwobeautifulgirls Wed 08-Jan-14 20:16:39

hi all not too sure if im in the right category. here goes..

my friend and I was discussing having a baby shower for myself round aboit march time.
dilemma is I wanted aboit 20 people and my goise is a little on the cramped size. I have a big garden although it is doubtful if that will be an option due to the weather.
where else would be a good option to hols ababy shower
pub? etc

also any games and party ideas yoi may have will be great.

ta ladies grin grin

Nojustalurker Wed 08-Jan-14 20:20:18

Name the baby food flavour. My friend made us do a competition of downing a baby bottle, juice for mum to be, alcohol for others.

ZenNudist Wed 08-Jan-14 20:26:29

Assume you don't live in the US where baby showers are the thing?

IMO baby showers are a bit grabby unless you specify no gifts on the invite.

In America i understand the idea is someone organises one for you. Its not something you organise yourself.

That said, I've never been to one as they're not the done thing where I live.

Mytwobeautifulgirls Wed 08-Jan-14 20:30:09

it is all abit of fun and a way to spend time wirh friends and fami before the next and final baby arrives. I live in the uk. I wont be organising it myself a friend is but just wanted ideas of venues etc. i was not overally kean on the idea of them before I went to one its all fun I dont expect anything other thab everyone having a good time. if that makes sense

Mytwobeautifulgirls Wed 08-Jan-14 20:31:21

@nojust what is the name the baby food? please exp more sounds fun.

NannyPlumForPM Thu 09-Jan-14 12:17:37

A good one is to get everyone to bring a baby photo of themselves and then guess who matches who (obviously keeping your own pic a secret)

Guess the baby food is pots of baby food puree - blindfold the player and feed them a baby spoonful and get them to guess. the best ones are more obscure - spaghetti bolognese, beetroot and apple sauce etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now