Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

August 2014 - summer beans and springtime dreams

(976 Posts)
flymo79 Wed 08-Jan-14 15:17:06

new thread here ladies, hope this works!!

mssleepyhead Wed 08-Jan-14 15:24:18

Thanks for the new thread and to those who asked how I am. Kind of scared right now really. Tiny bit more spotting today. Spoke to a GP who has written me a referral to the EPU and will be going there tomorrow morning. Work are being so nice about it they made me want to cry. (I decided telling them was the easiest thing.) This afternoon I've had a little abdomen pain too, so obviously I'm thinking its ectopic. Hardest thing is I'll be going for my first scan on my own, as my husband can't get the time off work. So really really really really really hoping its ok...

flymo79 Wed 08-Jan-14 15:26:55

oh mssleepy, we're here for a virtual hand-hold. SO much luck at the epu, really hoping that it's all ok xxx

FriendofDorothy Wed 08-Jan-14 15:27:50

Checking in.

Good luck sleepy

lucyfluff Wed 08-Jan-14 15:59:55

Thanks flymo smile

Wishing you luck tmrw mssleepy will be thinking of you x

I just read a letter I wrote to myself when I was having a hard time worrying I'd never conceive (9 months in). And it's brought a tear in my eye and I think I'd have proper cried if I wasn't in the office. The letter was written talking to me when I was pregnant. When I wrote it I thought it might never get read and I also appear to have guessed I'd need to be reminded how lucky I am right now. I've been feeling sorry for myself cos I feel rotten but really I need to remember my dream is actually coming true. Sorry if this sounds soppy but it's how I'm feeling right now.
It may not work out in the end but this is far further then I have ever got on this journey and in that way I'm blessed.

Good luck mssleepy for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you xxx

Im 6+2 and the sickness has started to kick in now. Does anyone else feel like they are drugged up because of it? Its weird I think I can actually smell the rise in hcg! Lol!

I havent been on for a while because I had such a bad cold I couldnt move and got worried because my symptoms of pg disappeared again but all is back now so must just be something that happens with me when I get ill!

Also I have my booking app on 13th which im dreading abit as they can be quite long and boring cant they?

Science that sounds lovely smile

BeccaBrkr7 Wed 08-Jan-14 16:17:17

I'm 6w2d, feeling very sick, tired and have a headache all the time! Called in sick to work today! Very moody the last couple of days and can't seem to get enough sleep!!
This is my 2nd and I'm feeling exactly the same as I did with my first dd!!

Also good luck for tomorrow sleepy

2beornot Wed 08-Jan-14 16:27:29

Mssleepy - I really hope everything goes well for your tomorrow. Will be thinking of you x

Science - that sounds wonderful and a brilliant idea. When I was ttc I would do anything to be pregnant so now I am I just have to remember that I am very lucky and this worry is something I have to go through to get what I want!

WeeJo08 Wed 08-Jan-14 16:30:07

Hi everyone! Hope you're okay mssleepy we're all here for you - so between now & tomorrow make sure you moan, rant & vent as much as you want xx

I feel pretty yuck still; my head cold is still here & feels kind of sinus-y & full so it's making me a bit dizzy. My top lip is enormous now, it must definitely be a cold sore....attractive, eh?! So annoyed as it's Mum's birthday tonight and we're going out for a lovely meal at a really lovely hotel & I've been looking forward to it for WEEKS!!! confused Ah well, I'll be grand - still planning on stuffing myself silly!! grin

flymo79 Wed 08-Jan-14 16:50:09

oh weejo, that sucks, I hope you manage to have a lovely time despite your huge lip! I am picturing a bit of a bee-stung look rather than a "punched on the chops" look! I am also going to stuff my face as it's DP's birthday. hoorah!
Science, that is so heartwarming, I really appreciated your post as it can be such a slog getting through the days when you're sick, exhausted and have epic boob-ache. Thank you for that, and I'm SO super glad for you that your dream is coming true

QueenOfGeeks Wed 08-Jan-14 16:59:54

Good luck with tomorrow mssleepy, fx for you.

I have a scan on Friday to see what is happening to the second foetus that hasn't grown before my midwife booking in appt on Mon. My morning sickness seems to have abaited a bit today so I hope that's not a bad sign.

Hope everyone is managing their sickness ok.

FEEdec Wed 08-Jan-14 17:15:26

Hi ladies
I might need a hand hold too. I've been having a brown discharge since Saturday which got a little heavier yesterday so I saw my GP. He's booked me for a scan at EPU but it's not until Monday.
I'm away for work tonight and tomorrow, and just arrived at my hotel to find I'm now loosing red blood. Only a small amount right now but I'm not feeling very positive at all. I desperately don't want to lose this baby and certainly not on my own in a hotel room hmm

Fee I think it would be much heavier if it was anything worrying- from what I have read.

Shakshuka Wed 08-Jan-14 17:32:14

fee
is there anyway you can plead sickness and go home? When I had red bleeding with pregnancy #1, I got booked in for a scan the next day. It might be nothing (it was for me) but either way you'd be better off at home.

Fingers crossed for you.

Ruggle Wed 08-Jan-14 17:32:50

Oh FEEdec, what a horrible situation. How far from home is your hotel? No chance of getting back home tonight? Having said that, probably better to be resting than travelling! Could someone come and pick you up?

x

WeeJo08 Wed 08-Jan-14 17:33:33

Oh FEE I hope you're okay hmm I'm sure you will be absolutely fine. As I said before, with DD I had so much bleeding that I presumed it was my periods (wore tampons & everything!) so I didn't find out I was expecting her until between 7 and 8 weeks. I've had some this time too & although I'm still worried too, I am trying to remember my previous experiences xxx

Feelingfatty Wed 08-Jan-14 17:34:17

Oh fee and mssleepy thoughts are with you, good luck with the scans. Fee if it gets worse please call someone in rl to be with you!

Good luck with any other scans mentioned was a lot to take in!!

I feel very unsociable at the moment! Can't be bothered to go anywhere! Think the nausea mixed with anxiety over scan on sat are getting to me!!

FEEdec Wed 08-Jan-14 17:35:59

I'm 3 hour drive away from home, staying in the hotel tonight for a meeting tomorrow morning. My boss is staying at the hotel too and I get on really well with her so may tell her when she gets here.

I'm just frightened if I suddenly started bleeding heavy or am in pain, i'll be stranded here.

Thanks for the support x

Ruggle Wed 08-Jan-14 17:46:46

Fee, have you got some super pads, just in case? The fat oldfashioned supermarket cheap ones are ideal. I know it's not nice to have to think about it, but actually might help you relax knowing at least you are prepared should the worst happen.

x

Oh no fee, tell your boss when she gets there. Do you think she will let you go home? If not at least she will be there to hold your hand and if she does then brilliant - you can relax and get looked after. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Feelingfatty Wed 08-Jan-14 17:51:06

Oh fee tell her xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now