Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ttc no 3 graduates

(281 Posts)
OrangeFizz99 Tue 07-Jan-14 23:05:22

As per the title...

Fingers crossed for sticky beans and well behaved toddlers hmm!

Hi orange!

Hopefully a few more will make it over.

My toddler and my boobs are about to become rapidly unacquainted! had thoughts of bf all the way through but Ow! Once that is complete stage 2 will be to keep him in his cot at night. He's been in with us almost every night since he was born. Wish me luck!

Girlsville Wed 08-Jan-14 17:35:31

Hello all, I made it over!

OrangeFizz99 Wed 08-Jan-14 19:05:15

Hello have and girls!

My boobs are so sore, never had them like this in early pg before.

Good luck with all the changes have, hope he adjusts ok (and quickly and sleepily of course!).

BunnyBaby Wed 08-Jan-14 22:16:14

Hello ladies, well done Orange for taking the initiative, this makes it easy to keep up with the TTC girls too, as a clear marker.

Bunny x

Kirsty770 Thu 09-Jan-14 11:12:31

Hi everyone. Hope your all feeling well. Has anyone got an appointment with the midwife yet? Not sure at what stage we go. My doctors has the midwifes visit on a Tuesday, which is a long day at work and don't want them to know yet. The doctors said the community midwife might see me elsewhere but didn't think they did that.

OrangeFizz99 Thu 09-Jan-14 12:04:02

Here the midwives come to your house for booking in app and then after that all at their clinics. You can book in via nhs website and then the midwife will contact you directly.

Broke out a clear blue digital this am - 2-3 weeks! So now am officially pg.

clara85 Thu 09-Jan-14 12:11:36

Hello smile

I made an appointment with mw for next Friday as even though I will only be 5 weeks I go to a different hopspital for baby so they need to do the paperwork and i will need to see the consultant as 2 previous sections so want to get the ball rolling.

There is a local scan place here offering HALF PRICE scans on all scans so ive booked a 7 week scan as I do worry something will go wrong and 12 weeks is too long to wait to know baby is ok !!

Molotov - recovery from both my sections ( em & el ) were both fine * touch wood * but the elective one was easier all round especially with childcare to arrange as daft as that sounds its one less thing to worry about if you know what day yo uare going into hospital to have baby.

I think my due date is 17th Sept , eeeeeek . Do any of you only have 3 bedrooms? Not looking forward to ds1 & ds2 having to share :S

Kirsty770 Thu 09-Jan-14 13:12:56

Thanks for the answers. I managed to avoid them coming to the house last time and did it on my scan day at the hospital. Just waiting for a call back to book myself in now.

I have 3 bedrooms but my 2 already share a room, seemed to stop them coming in my bed every night as they weren't so alone. They are quite close in age so has worked well since we moved them in together and now don't remember anything different.

Clara - we've just moved to a 3 bed house from a flat and feel like we're living in a palace! My two are sharing and have always shared ever since DS 2 came out of our room. They love it and DS2 won't settle if his big brother's not there. I'm not sure how it will work when we try and implement our "stop letting him come into our bed in the night" plan though. DS2 is a fantastic screamer. Incidentally I would also plan on having all three share a room rather than give up the luxury of our spare room / study! The long term plan is to move out of London though and buy a bigger house!

I agree that 12 weeks seems sooo long to wait. I am more nervous and more aware of things that can go wrong each time. But I've never had an early scan and feel superstitious about wanting to reassure myself.... same reason I've never done more than one test!

By the Molotov is on the TTC thread, not this one.

I'm taking DS1 to the docs today so going to write a note for my GP and see if she can refer me to the hospital. Want to make sure my scan booked for as early as possible!

OrangeFizz99 Thu 09-Jan-14 19:39:58

Bedrooms are worrying me too! I can't decide whether the dds should share or whether the extra space in our bedroom where there's a wardrobe should be converted to a tiny wee nursery. Dh thinks a tiny room will lower house value I think.

I always get an early scan at 6 weeks because of the medication I have to go on. Not majorly keen to be honest as it's the horrid dildocam at that stage! It is a big reassurance though.

Oh god the dildocam - forgot about that. My hospital is a teaching hospital ao they do really thorough scans including that. Yuk.

OrangeFizz99 Fri 10-Jan-14 10:04:24

Its the bit when they snap on a condom and lube it up that makes me want to vomit the most!

clara85 Fri 10-Jan-14 11:58:59

How many weeks were you for the internal scan? I had early scans with both at 8 weeks and never needed it, but this one is at 7 weeks and a different scan place so not sure what to expect eeek

We have so much do to for bedrooms, ds1 is still in a cot so need to move him to a bed before I can even think about moving ds2 into the same room....dh wants to do it ASAP but baby will be in our room for 6 months so I think it can wait a few months so long as all are settled before baby arrives smile

OrangeFizz99 Fri 10-Jan-14 13:36:15

6 weeks clara

So for number 3 bedroom space is the main issue!

Kirsty770 Fri 10-Jan-14 21:50:13

I've had 2 internal scans at 6 weeks due to bleeding and they could see heartbeats at that stage both times. Hope the scan goes well.

clara85 Sun 12-Jan-14 11:02:23

I found 2 & 3 year out of date pregnancy tests in the loft and the ones i have done so far all work - interesting fact of the day not to worry about using out of date tests smile

Girlsville Sun 12-Jan-14 13:48:01

I am off to see gp tomorrow to get my referral. Also suffer from under active thyroid in pregnancy so need to have that sorted ASAP as feeling dreadful!

Hi everyone - how are you all feeling? 6 weeks today and feel like I'm on the verge of entering the badness. Was in sainsbury' s today and could smell that smell.... think it's a mix of food, just so bad. When I was pg with ds2 I had to leave the kitchen before dp was allowed to open fridge as just smelt so awful to me.

In other news am now on antibiotics for an infected nipple, in fact a lovely pustulous boil on it grin

So, so, so painful. Been incapacitated all weekend; suffice to say bf on that side has stopped!

OrangeFizz99 Tue 14-Jan-14 10:33:58

Oo yuck Have. Thats hardcore bf!

5 weeks today. Feeling ok still, just very sleepy and sleeping very very heavily. Quite liking it!

Worried about the arrival of the badness too!

Girlsville Tue 14-Jan-14 21:58:57

Almost 6 weeks - incredibly exhausted and heavy headed.

...craving junk food.

And eating it of course. Last time I put on a stone by 12 weeks, and I'm only five foot one..... Feeling generally rubbish and a bit hungover all the time.

Annakin31 Wed 15-Jan-14 13:39:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Welcome Annakin. I'm in the same boat. DP gave the plan a cautious ok in december.... we had one go and bingo. We both needed much longer to come to terms with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now