Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

any help ?

(5 Posts)
april89 Sat 04-Jan-14 21:00:40

Hi all im new to here !! I'm mega excited as im roughly give or take round bout 15 weeks pregnant with my 1st pregnancy. I'll have my first scan on friday grin
But what I would really like your help on is what is the best moisturiser or oil to get and use to prevent stretch marks?
If celebrities can avoid them then why cant we... there must be a winner somewhere so girls what worked for you?

Bigjellybean Wed 08-Jan-14 15:05:58

Hi there, I am new to here too. smile The stretch mark lotion is kind of the first thing I bought when I knew I was pregnant. I've been using the massage lotion for stretch marks by Palmer's. I am 26 weeks pregnant now. I think there is no stretch mark on my bump so far. This was recommended by my friend. And it seems that it really works. My sis in law didn't even use anything special for stretch marks, just some common ones. And she has no stretch marks at all after giving birth to my two nephews. As long as there is enough moisturising, it would be fine I guess. Good luck with the first scan. smile

KLou1105 Wed 08-Jan-14 19:59:00

Welcome both of u :-)

I wish I had thought of using stretch mark cream earlier! Major stretch marks on my boobs! But no where else, I started using palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream a few weeks ago hoping this works, loads of people have recommended bio oil but its £20 a bottle and doesn't look like it would last long x

28+0

MistletoeBUTNOwine Wed 08-Jan-14 20:04:52

Bio oil all the way for me, 39+3 with second dc and no stretch marks here grin
It is expensive but works out at £20 per pregnancy which is well worth it I'd say! Look on internet for offers.

NannyPlumForPM Thu 09-Jan-14 12:14:02

bio oil looks tiny but lasts ages! they had it at the lloyds pharmacy half price over xmas - not sure if it still is? Also it is mega good at reducing the appearance of stretch marks should you get them.

But a disclaimer - I put on every lotion and potion morning noon and night with DD 1 and my stomach looks like a tube map of London with it's stretchmarks. I think if you're gonna get them, unfortunately your gonna get them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now