Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

August 2014 - Baking summer babies in our ovens.

(932 Posts)
HalfPintPickle Sun 29-Dec-13 09:41:25

Doesn't seem to be a new thread yet - correct me if I'm wrong.....
Continue as you were ladies..... smile

HungryHorace Sun 29-Dec-13 10:50:08

That sounds like ligament pain, mssleepyhead. Hurts, doesn't it? And for god's sake don't sneeze / cough!

Half pint, I think I'll get a choice. And yes, I'll be having an ELCS next time. I don't think I could face another failed labour and the trauma / worry knowing we had to get DD out ASAP, even before she got stuck (meconium in waters).

It'll be easier to plan that way too.

HungryHorace Sun 29-Dec-13 10:52:55

Hi Sarah! Hopefully you'll feel able to fully join us soon. :-)

Rose, I'll take heart from what you've said there. Fingers crossed I'm the same! Though obviously if it's twins they'll both be loved. It'll just be chaos!

wejammin Sun 29-Dec-13 10:55:50

I think we'll keep the sex a surprise again, most of our newborn stuff was neutral anyway.

Is anyone else still breastfeeding and finding the latch v painful? Luckily it's only 2 very short feeds a day but I have to grit my teeth and I'm hoping it won't get worse.

Feelingfatty Sun 29-Dec-13 10:56:30

Hi Sarah hope you feel able to join soon.

Hoping this is a luckier thread as seem to have lost lots of ladies of the last thread. hmm

miserywaterfall Sun 29-Dec-13 11:02:38

Hi all, yay for new thread. Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday!

Symptoms for me are really just sore boobs. They've gone all weird and hard too hmm Oh and tiredness, ALL the time. I can sleep 10hrs at night and still have to nap through the day. Going back to college is going to be...fun!

I'm going to find out the sex! It's my first baby so would love to know and be able to plan. Not so much for clothes and things as I don't like the idea that ONLY boys can wear blue, etc. But just to know who's going to be popping out in 7 months time!

Lucy we'll have to do a clothes swap if we have opposites. Lol. I got rid of everything. Pram went to brother then one of my clients daughters. Moses baskets gone. Cot bed. All I have is clothes. I have a two up two down and I hate the loft. So had no space to keep anything. So totally starting from scratch. Although I'm secretly pleased I've got no pram. We had jut bought our first house when I found out I was pregnant with first an spent thousands doing it up. So we bought a pram in the sale. This time I want a slightly fancier pram. Although I'll be doing some bargain shopping!! When the times right.

Misery can you believe it's been two months already!! Seven months sounds like nothing in comparison!!

My symptoms come and go. Have very painful nipples, boobs hurt when prodded.
We're getting loser girls to that 12 weeks!!!

HungryHorace Sun 29-Dec-13 11:12:18

Misery, for me, hard boobs = growing, itchy boobs = recovering from growing!

We should have a baby clothes swap section nearer the time for those who find out! :-)

Mitchell81 Sun 29-Dec-13 11:13:31

Hi, 6 weeks today since lmp but 5 weeks since ovulation. So I'm sure the scan will put me back a week. But at the moment I'm saying I'm 6 weeks. Slight nausea but nothing like normal, although it still could be coming.
I'll be having my 5th and final c section, going to have my tubes tied after this pregnancy as don't think I will put my body through surgery again. I am 32 and have 3 healthy boys and then this baby. (Will definitely find out the sex- I'm even contemplating the blood test you can do 7 weeks after conception- but it's close to £150 so means I might not do an early scan) I usually wait till 12 weeks anyway but have 2 weekly scans from 24 to 34 weeks for abnormalities. I've never had a miscarriage but so worried about this pregnancy, think it must be cause you hear of so many people who loss babies. Fingers crossed for everyone to have a healthy pregnancy

Nulanoo Sun 29-Dec-13 11:25:50

Morning ladies, another new thread! I had sore breasts but that seems to have stopped today, should I be worried? I'm about 9 weeks or possibly more as I have a short cycle

FriendofDorothy Sun 29-Dec-13 11:28:31

We will find out the sex I think. We will have to do a bit of room juggling depending on whether it is a boy or a girl. Secretly I would love a girl thought but i have such a gorgeous boy already I wouldn't be disappointed either way!

I am still bf and my nips are agony. We have started night weaning as I can't bear doing it much longer.

I have no ms but I am completely shattered. I am having to go back to bed in the afternoon. I don't go back to work until 6 January but God knows how I will cope after that!

miserywaterfall Sun 29-Dec-13 11:29:15

Eeeek, I know, Two months gone already... crazy! grin

nulanoo I worry about every little change, I think we all do! I'm trusting in my body telling me if something is seriously wrong.

Finnable Sun 29-Dec-13 11:30:51

Just marking my place, however hopefully, on the new thread. Fingers crossed this one is the sticky place to be for us all!

Hello to newbies, I reckon I'm 6+4 today, praying there's a little heartbeat in there on the 7th Jan! (Bleeding's stopped...please God make everything be OK!)

In other news I had to leave Waitrose in a hurry yesterday, abandoning a trolley that I had to sheepishly go back for - they were baking bread and the smell was just the worst thing in the world. I'm such a weirdo!

Feelingfatty Sun 29-Dec-13 11:49:22

Fx for you Finn! Good sign the bleeding has stopped smile

mssleepyhead Sun 29-Dec-13 11:52:05

It's nice to see you back, Finn. Hope everything goes well at your scan x

lucyfluff Sun 29-Dec-13 12:11:35

YES Missv and hungry a clothes swap is an amazing idea!!! We should deffo do that lol. I kept everything so it wont be as expensive just have to buy new bottles as not going to breastfeed (I tried last time and got so upset when it didnt work out) so not going to put myself through that again!!!

Nice to see you Finn will have fingers crossed for you too grin

CakenTea Sun 29-Dec-13 12:21:05

Hi all, just checking in. I'm 7+4 today and DH has let me have a lie in so have managed to sleep for 13 hours straight- don't think I've done that since I was a teenager! Sickness seems to be worse in the evenings at the minute, other people's Doritos have been found to be especially offensive!! Debating whether to tell manager at work early as a bit tired and icky, has anyone else done this yet?

CountdownBegins Sun 29-Dec-13 12:25:22

Hi All, marking my place on the new shiny thread- I have endless rich tea biscuits on hand! 8 weeks today and I'm starting to feel alot more positive and excited.

I've spent the last two days in bed with awful neaseau and throwing up- only felt better if I was eating salty carbs but would throw up straight after- viscous circle. Feeling lots better today though so going to venture out in the sunshine. My boobs are still sore, lots of night-time loo visits and I'm quite breathless even after just a short walk.... Oh joys.

mssleepyhead Sun 29-Dec-13 12:30:35

Cake I'm going to have to tell mine as I need to show paperwork to get time off work for doctor appointments and I have my booking in appointment with midwife written all over it at the end of Jan. v nervous about it though....

CountdownBegins Sun 29-Dec-13 12:31:02

Cake I was wondering when to tell work too... I have an early scan at 9+4 so if all goes well then I'm tempted to tell my manager as I spend most of my day out of the office on site no where near a toilet or a seat- that will be fun considering how I feel now.

mszeenwithabean Sun 29-Dec-13 12:33:59

sorry to hear your news swede...thanks lots of positive vibes for a sticky pregnancy soon...x

Finn glad to hear the bleed has stopped smile

wow took a look at the jojomamanbras and realised I actually never wear a suitable bra hmm something for me to change.

just out of interest is anyone else worried about gaining excessive amounts of excess weight?
I'm thinking when I don't feel so sick I might try a pregnancy workout DVD or something already have a bmi of nearly 29 so don't want to complicate things with the usual 4stone plus that I normally put on when pregnant.

mszeenwithabean Sun 29-Dec-13 12:37:09

cake had to tell my work pretty much straight away so that they could do a risk assessment for me to make sure the class I'm in is still safe for me to work in.

7+6

isitme1 Sun 29-Dec-13 13:46:22

For all those who have had c sections can I ask how was it? I know ita early days but ive had 2 bad birth experiences due to pph. They recommended I had a section last time but I said no. This time im definitely going for a section.
X

HungryHorace Sun 29-Dec-13 14:09:45

Finn, yay to the bleeding stopping! And it's the fresh bread section in Sainsbury's which turns my stomach too. Aren't we odd?!

Isit, a c section isn't too bad really. I imagine an ELCS is nicer than an EMCS though. I'm hoping for the former this time! You just have to make sure you know your limits in the early days.

I'm exhausted too. Friend, I was meant to go back next Thursday, but extended it to March 6th. Thank god! I couldn't cope right now. :-/

Shakshuka Sun 29-Dec-13 14:26:49

Hi all

I have 3 years between my older two and a double buggy would definitely have been a waste of money, Even for 2.5 years difference, I'm not sure how much use you'll get out of it given how unwieldy and expensive they are. I think buggy board and slings work well because the older one is in and out of the buggy all the time but if they want to nap, you can always pop the baby into the sling for an hour - but I guess this really depends on the individual family and how much they prefer slings/boards/walking etc.

I'm so annoyed that we've given away ALL of our baby stuff, especially when we had a huge clear out before we moved to new York a year and a half ago. I freecycled my amazing medela breast pump, I could kick myself!!! And i gave away so many beautiful clothes and gave my wonderful storchenwiege sling to my sil who I hope hasn't given it away.

Definitely want to find out the sex. I'm going to ask for the foetal DNA blood test (harmony or something like that) so they should be able to say pretty early. I wanted 2 girls for my first two so I was lucky I got that. For number 3, I really don't care at all! My dad and my mil are both gunning for a boy!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now