Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2014 - Baking summer babies in our ovens.

(932 Posts)
HalfPintPickle Sun 29-Dec-13 09:41:25

Doesn't seem to be a new thread yet - correct me if I'm wrong.....
Continue as you were ladies..... smile

HalfPintPickle Sun 29-Dec-13 09:44:47

We're possibly looking at a buggy board but not sure yet. DD will be 3.5 but we do a lot of walking to and from preschool most days. Sometimes it's quicker just to get her to hop on rather than dawdle! Especially at the end of the day when she may be tired!

Looking at new prams/ pushchairs too at the moment. Which ones does everyone like ATM?

HungryHorace Sun 29-Dec-13 09:47:38

We've looked at suitable doubles, but we are just waiting for the scan before buying / putting a deposit down just to check it's one only!

lucyfluff Sun 29-Dec-13 09:51:19

Thanks halfpint smile

I have no idea on doubles...we have a lovely oyster + carrycot that is packed away so would preferably use that. Im just worried DS will still want naps after preschool etc....sad will wait a few months beforr deciding anyway!!!

My scan is £100 FF and I'm in Wales. which seems expensive for a little village. 3d/4d scans sre £150 plus!! Crazy money I know!!!
We're going to do the same hungry. See how many there are and buy after. I'm not going to buy a single thing until I get close to 20 weeks. Don't want to jinx anything. I keep looking though x x

HalfPintPickle Sun 29-Dec-13 09:55:21

Our early scans are £100 and we're just outside of London. I'm in two minds whether to book in or not - could be spending that money on updating our bedroom/ wardrobes to accommodate a cot! Need to speak to DH a bit more about that one!

mssleepyhead Sun 29-Dec-13 09:55:47

I have an uppababy vista pinned on to my top secret pinterest board but haven't really started looking yet. 6 weeks feels too early...

HalfPintPickle Sun 29-Dec-13 09:56:49

I've got a list of things I want to buy already. Am tempted to get a nice blanket I've seen in the sale but would be devastated if anything happened - I'd think I'd've jinxed it too! Best to hold off I think.

Will anyone be finding out the sex of the baby?

HungryHorace Sun 29-Dec-13 10:01:32

Anybody else still got symptoms which come and go? My nausea is coming and going but is nowhere near as bad as it was the other day? I drive myself crazy second guessing my body. :-/

If you love the blanket, buy it, half pint. Though I bought some lovely fleece blankets then realised that cellular blankets are the way to go as they're breathable! Oops. They'll be fine for when DD is older though. :-)

Scans are bloody expensive, aren't they? We are lucky they're cheaper up here.

HungryHorace Sun 29-Dec-13 10:03:42

And probably not, half pint. We didn't last time and DH isn't keen this time. We've obviously got loads of neutral stuff from this time, so it won't matter either way. And I think I'll aiming for more sleep suits and fewer proper clothes next time. I can't be arsed to dress DD most of the time!

We'll find out what we're having. Purely for convenience as I've got loads of girls clothes that need something doing with them if it's a boy. And I know daughter will love to know what it is x

Polkadot1 Sun 29-Dec-13 10:05:38

My nausea comes and goes! Not so bad last day or so- but ligament stretching pain yesterday! We've got a jane matrix/ car seat/ pushchair bit- ax long as 12 week scan is ok, gonna update the frame to a "tuone" which can have the matrix (carry cot) underneath, and big pushchair bit on top for DS who will be 21 months- thanks for the new thread

lucyfluff Sun 29-Dec-13 10:06:24

I cant believe how expensive the scans are for some of you...sad madness!!!

My nausea has disappeared since xmas day hungry - actually dont feel very pregnant at all apart from sore boobs!!! Im just telling myself everything is still ok please please please!!!!

lucyfluff Sun 29-Dec-13 10:08:56

Will be finding out!!! If its a boy we dont need to buy anything at all.....if its a girl....well that would be amazing!!! grin

Polkadot1 Sun 29-Dec-13 10:10:42

We'll find out too- but keep secret!

HungryHorace Sun 29-Dec-13 10:27:03

The round ligament pain was excruciating yesterday, polka. I think it's worse this time because of my CS scar though. :-/

I still don't have sore boobs. They are massive though!

DH keeps reminding me my symptoms weren't constant last time. I could do well to remember that!

Forgot to say hi to the newbies too...looks like I'm not the only one who'll have a 13 month gap! :-)

Polkadot1 Sun 29-Dec-13 10:32:35

I hadn't thought my previous C-section would influence it- but it makes sense! Stretching the scar tissue!

mssleepyhead Sun 29-Dec-13 10:32:37

We'll be finding out! Can't wait to know in fact : ) it'll help with names too, we've always discussed names and always found them impossible...

Hungry I still have hardly any symptoms and that's killing me. Sore boobs and nips but even they don't seem too bad today. No MS at all. Trying so hard not to overthink it...

HalfPintPickle Sun 29-Dec-13 10:33:53

Will you have another section Horace? Do you get to choose this time round?

I think we'll find out purely for our DD sake. She desperately wants a sister so if it's a boy, we can break it to her gently! I'd like to keep it quiet and not announce the sex but I think DD will go blabbing it around! Haha.

My boobs are really sore theseast few days and definitely a little bit swollen. Wearing sports bras indoors to help a little.

HalfPintPickle Sun 29-Dec-13 10:34:57

I've no MS either mssleepyhead. I didn't have any with DD so hoping I miss it this time around too - although I'd better not speak to soon!

lucyfluff Sun 29-Dec-13 10:42:23

Im glad you guys mentioned ligament pain, have bee getting waves of pain this morning on one side sad bit ouchy but hoping is all fine....please!!!!!!

Feelingfatty Sun 29-Dec-13 10:42:26

I found you grin I kept trying to post to old board!!

We will find out the sex! Did will dd! Wouldn't be able to wait smile

mssleepyhead Sun 29-Dec-13 10:46:01

I've been getting ligament pain (I think) when I stand up if I've been sitting funny or say if I've been sat in the car for a while, a strange sharp twisting as if something inside is knotted. Ouch!

RosesOnTheWane Sun 29-Dec-13 10:47:03

Horace I had convinced myself this pregnancy was DTs (I have a set of DTs already and had aching from both sides then). I have had aching from both sides this time too, but it is only one in there!

As far as double buggies go, we had the 360 Nipper Double and it was fab. We've passed it on already though as DTs are now 4.

SarahBumBarer Sun 29-Dec-13 10:48:48

Hi everyone - just thought I should be polite and let you know that I will be lurking on this thread (probably not contributing much unless I feel able to offer any support/information) as I am due with DC#3 on August 14. Had some early bleeding so a bit anxious - declined an early scan but may have a scan in the first week of the NY since they will be able to do external then. Terrible MS and exhaustion - I will be extremely unhappy if all is not well and I have put up with this MS grin. We will not be finding out the sex (have boy (3) and a girl (1) already - well one boy, one half girl half demon).

Good luck everyone and hope you are all feeling ok. All the food smells of Christmas have been hard to take so I have some light veggie soup in the slow cooker now and I am actually looking forward to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now