Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2014 THREAD 14 -- This will be the lucky one!

(1000 Posts)
TobyLerone Wed 18-Dec-13 06:11:13

We got Thread 13 out of the way without too many mishaps. Phew!

Now it's time to sit on our arses eating entire Chocolate Oranges really get to work on getting some more of these babies out.

MrsVDB Tue 31-Dec-13 22:26:42

I've been getting these pains for the last couple of days. Feels like I'm being stabbed. Assume it's just baby moving and sticking sharp bits out with not much room

AnotherStitchInTime Tue 31-Dec-13 22:30:33

frying what kind of pain? Sharp and needle like, a ripping feeling, deep dull pain. How bad on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest? Has the pain now subsided? Did your belly now relax or is it still hard? Have you felt baby moving? Please call maternity asap if pain still there and worsening, belly staying hard or no movements.

It felt exactly how i lightening looks. Sharp, jagged, zig zaggy across my belly. About an 8. Baby is moving, he's just kicked my hand away.
only happened the once. Possibly unrelated, but I've finally had to take my engagement ring off, couldn't wear it with my wedding ring as my hands have swollen! Thankfully it's gone down now

MrsVDB Tue 31-Dec-13 22:57:41

frying an 8 is very high, mine is like a 2 so probably not the same thing

I'll see how i get on. If i get worried I'll call the hospital. The baby seems to be ok, i can feel air bubble like ripples at the top of my bump.

I'm wondering if it's because the placenta is on the front that i got the pain. He could have pulled the cord too hard

AnotherStitchInTime Tue 31-Dec-13 23:05:17

frying I would phone maternity just to be sure, 8 is very high, pain plus swelling might be signs of pre eclampsia.

BuntCadger Wed 01-Jan-14 00:39:05

Frying how are you now?

We stayed in too and I was naughty and had a glass of fizz.

Lost some plug today/this evening. Not blood streaked but like jelly so not expecting any onset of labour tbh

frying give 101 a call? It does sound a bit more than you'd expect.

Hope everyone's had a lovely NYE!

Toothfairy78 Wed 01-Jan-14 03:49:16

Gosh, lots of peeps stuck indoors tonight. Shouldn't you all be er partying while you can? :D

I'm stuck in with a cluster feeding cutie pie ATM...

Anyway, I'm hoping altered went in a just got seen to? I nearly got sent back home but insisted on being checked, which is when they discovered I was 8cm and got me a birth room pronto! All my symptoms seemed like early labour ones otherwise. So if in doubt just insist on being checked!

TobyLerone Wed 01-Jan-14 04:03:46

Morning, tooth!

Felix90 Wed 01-Jan-14 05:23:27

Happy new year everyone!

I am at OH's parents house and we had a bbq. Only made it to 10pm and had to go to bed. OH woke me up at 5 minutes to midnight as Sylvie needed feeding, so that's what I was doing at 12!!

Think I've got a water infection but I've never had one before so I'm not sure. That general area is very uncomfortable and i did think it was my stitches but ive realised its more my pee hole area that hurts. Went to the loo before bed and it took a hell of a lot of effort to squeeze anything out and it stung like nobodies business. Can't go to the doctors today so is there anything I can do in the meantime? I had a catheter for 24hrs in hospital so not sure if it stems from that.

Sultanajo Wed 01-Jan-14 05:33:23

Hi ladies!

Just dropping in quickly with an update....full story will follow once I have finally got some sleep and sanity back.

Henry was born at 11.43am on New Years Eve, weighing a respectable 7lbs 13oz!

Second degree tear with stitches and in hospital tonight still trying to get to grips with this feeding malarkey, but otherwise doing ok (except being paranoid about checking him every two secs!!!

Every stage of labour was tortuous but already forgotten about pretty much! AMAZING AND SURREAL just about covers it! Omg I am a mum! Does not feel real!

Felix90 Wed 01-Jan-14 05:36:43

Congrats sultana! Henry is an ace name. Hope you're not having to stay in hospital too long.

TobyLerone Wed 01-Jan-14 05:40:15

Congratulations, sultana! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Ugh, felix, that's all you need. Hope you can get it sorted soon.

Frizz1986 Wed 01-Jan-14 05:45:28

Yay huge congrats sultana

Cant wait to hear all the details once you are up to it

TarkaTheOtter Wed 01-Jan-14 06:06:42

Hi also a quick update to say I had baby Alex at 3am. Not the birth I had planned - "managed" without an epidural and wish I hadn't, but all good outcomes just a minor tear.
He's 7lbs 3 and perfect.

Felix90 Wed 01-Jan-14 06:11:24

Congrats Tarka!! You were induced weren't you? I don't know how you did it without an epidural shock I ended up with one straight away haha. Well done anyway that's fab smile

Congratulations!

sultana - this baby is going to be called Henry too, so i heartily approve of the name!

tarka - brilliant news, well done!

i fell asleep not long after posting last night. My fingers aren't swollen anymore and I'm feeling alright. Shattered, but that's because ds decided sleep is for the weak. He had a ridiculously late bedtime and was still up at seven which is far too early for him.

BuntCadger Wed 01-Jan-14 07:59:56

Congratulations to you sultana and tarka. smile x

AnotherStitchInTime Wed 01-Jan-14 08:05:00

Happy New Year all!

I was busy feeding Mason at midnight, but enjoyed some snacks and time with DH. Saw loads of free fireworks from our flat too.

Congratulations sultana, Henry is a fantastic name. Hope you managed to get some rest over night, the feeding thing will come with practise xx

Also big congratulations to Tarka on the first New Year baby, well done for managing without epidural especially if you had syntocinon,.ouchy xx

frying glad you are feeling better, was a bit worried about you.

altered hope you got through to the hospital and have now been seen, good luck.

felix I have been using warm water to help me pee since my catheter came out. Pour some over the area then pee,.then when you have finished poor some more. If you are finding it more difficult to pee it does need checking, sometimes post natal at the hospital will see you or you can phone the community midwives for advice too. In the meantime a small amount of bicarb of soda in a pint of water can help (1/4 teaspoon), drink lots of water and try to empty your bladder hourly, even if you don't feel like going.

Frizz1986 Wed 01-Jan-14 08:16:23

tarka Yay another baby. Massive congrats

sarahleanne Wed 01-Jan-14 08:32:13

Congrats tarka and sultana!! Both gorgeous names too.

Dh is home and we have since been trying to evict baby using the same method as how we got it in there haha, not bloody working though sad

Happy new year everyone xx

Naturegirl82 Wed 01-Jan-14 08:41:37

Congratulations tarka and Sultana. smile

NYE was nice, quiet curry at the inlaws with family then home and Dh and I watched the fireworks at 12. Tried to bring in the new year with some shenanigans but not possible as (TMI alert) I was so dry blush. Not had this problem before, anyone else had it as a side effect of pregnancy?

Cracking on with the house today as I'm getting more and more stabby cervix pains and really don't want baby arriving before house is clean and sorted.

Sarah - we've tried that method. Isn't working for us either!

nature - it's not something i have experienced, but i know friends who have. Pretty sure it is totally normal

Felix90 Wed 01-Jan-14 08:55:50

Thanks another, I will try the bicarb thing. It's been fine since I had the catheter out, it's just been the past couple of days that I've had problems. We are up in the north east visiting OH's family until tomorrow evening so won't even be able to see anyone tomorrow unless I find a drop in centre hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.