Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2014

(985 Posts)
Normalisavariantofcrazy Tue 17-Dec-13 20:39:31

My verrrrrry faint line earlier gives me an edd of 27 august so I'm going to straddle the two threads providing I get a strong bfp tomorrow (which I should do!!)

Happy Christmas everyone!!!

missingmargarita Wed 18-Dec-13 23:41:46

Can I join you? I'm getting a faint BFP, which dates me as 1st Sept I think! Fingers crossed they stay sticky!! grin

Normalisavariantofcrazy Thu 19-Dec-13 07:24:45

Hello! Congratulations! I'm not rattling round in here on my own grin

duvetheaven Thu 26-Dec-13 19:15:59

I am joining too as faint BFP today!!!!!!! Although after 3 MC's will feel better when I get to the 6 month mark lol ! Congrats to you both. I am a happy bunny : ).

duvetheaven Thu 26-Dec-13 19:16:20

Btw I meant 6 months and not 6 weeks!!

Hubbythecatandme Thu 26-Dec-13 20:47:52

Very faint line here too!!! Chucked test in the bathroom bin as I thought it was a no... then hubby came 10 minutes later and said "is it normal there are two lines on this test thing??!!!!"
Congrats to you ladies, I knew I was having way too many symptoms not to be preggers, have never felt like this before!

duvetheaven Thu 26-Dec-13 20:57:28

Have been pregnant four times ( 3 Mc's and 1 DC) but the symptoms are stronger than ever recalled before - mainly extremely sore boobs!! Hope it's a good sign : ).

Hubbythecatandme Thu 26-Dec-13 21:32:48

Fingers and toes crossed!
Yes massively sore boobs herE too, friend gave me a tight hug for my birthday the other day and I almost went "OUCH!"
I am weeing all the time too which is a right pain lol

bugoven Thu 26-Dec-13 21:58:01

Can I join you? Paid out for a FRER with my Christmas money and have a lovely second pink line I can't stop looking at =)

EDD 6th September I think due to long cycles May be a little earlier.

Congratulations everyone. Looking forward to joining you for this journey Xx

Hubbythecatandme Thu 26-Dec-13 22:23:30

Congratulations!!!
My EDD is 7th of September so a day after you smile
I have now used 3 cheap tests (Asda's own and bought in bulk tests on ebay lol and all three are positive) and yup faint lines on all 3!
It is sooo exciting!

bugoven Thu 26-Dec-13 23:10:16

Thanks hubby. I am so excited I can't think of anything else, plus the symptoms keep reminding me!

We have been trying for over two years now so my little faint pink line is an amazing sight. I had a mc in September at 6-8 weeks and panicked from the moment I saw the line. All feels different this time but still grateful to have people to share it with Xx

bugoven Fri 27-Dec-13 04:08:38

How is everyone doing symptoms wise?

I haven't managed to get to sleep yet. Any suggestions for beating insomnia in the first trimester would be much appreciated. I can only imagine as this will be dc1 my body is giving me some practice of the sleepless nights I will be enjoying in 9 months time grin

Hubbythecatandme Fri 27-Dec-13 10:12:03

Bugoven: quite the opposite for me, I feel so sleepy it's like I have been drugged!!
I do toss and turn a lot at night though and sore boobs wake me up, but early hours + rest of the day I feel incredibly sleepy. Good job I work from home (I have a small online business)!

CheddarG Fri 27-Dec-13 10:20:21

Hi. Congratulations all! Can I join you? Still very nervous about counting chickens before they hatch but got a BFP on Xmas Eve and think I have EDD of 4th Sept! This is my first BFP and I'm feeling pretty clueless, so really pleased to see this thread!!! X

Hubbythecatandme Fri 27-Dec-13 10:29:16

Congrats Cheddar!!!
First timer here too smile

BexBoo12 Fri 27-Dec-13 17:57:39

Can I hop on to this thread please? Bfp on Christmas Day for us, and I think due date will be 7th September. This will be our first baby!!! Eeeeek! I'm so so nervous and very apprehensive x

CheddarG Fri 27-Dec-13 18:00:52

Thanks Hubby! Thrilled with the BFP. But tricky time of year to keep the news on the Down Low. Not sure I can remember a Xmas / NYE when I haven't had a drink! Anyone been rubbled after declining a festive beverage? Xx

topmammy Fri 27-Dec-13 18:18:16

Can I join you ladies too please? smile (Good idea BexBoo). Been on the other Sept thread but I think having just the one would be more fun! Got my BFP on 20th Dec, so should be due either end of August or early Sept. First baby! Super excited and a tad scared I must admit.

Cheddar - I miraculously managed to dodge any awkward questions in the festive beverage department! lol

CheddarG Fri 27-Dec-13 18:31:26

Well Done Topmammy! Defo share your fear ... Especially as things seem so precarious in the early days! Still expecting my period to rock up! Have you ladies planned a midwife appointment yet ... I'm a bit unsure where to start?! X

topmammy Fri 27-Dec-13 18:41:52

Cheddar - I think what most people do is make an appt with their gp first who then refers you to the midwives. I've got a docs appt on Monday. My mum is a midwife and that's what she said to do so I'm just following her instructions lol. Not going to have my mum as my 'official' midwife though, don't want to put her under that pressure!

duvetheaven Fri 27-Dec-13 18:54:10

My symptoms are so strong convinced am having twins lol. Due first week in September too on my DD5's birthday ! Wow : )

Jumping over from the other September thread.
BFP dec 20th, EDD 2nd Sept! So excited! Although I'm also pretty nervous. I'm in Netherlands and everything is very different here. And seen as I've only just got here I don't even have a doctor here! So all systems go when everything re-opens in the new year!

bugoven Fri 27-Dec-13 19:30:44

Yey, this thread is looking lovely and busy now.

First baby here too.

I am constantly either feeling sick or ravenous or both. Definitely feeling pregnant =) Managed to put everyone off the scent because I've had a few viruses this month and milking those a bit to cover the irritable feeling of being restless and nauseous (not that I'm complaining, loving the strong symptoms) and lying about boozing the night before. Enjoying deceiving everyone a little too much grin X

missingmargarita Fri 27-Dec-13 19:41:00

I tried the alcohol free wine trick on xmas day, but it tasted revolting! Any tips for good non–alcoholic beverages that taste good and look alcoholic to put people off the scent?! :-)

duvetheaven Fri 27-Dec-13 20:03:28

You could ask for a vodka and orange and then give it to OH and then go and get yourself an orange juice? Appletise if you like cider?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now