Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2013 - let's get these babies out before Santa arrives :)

(572 Posts)
Stom91 Sat 14-Dec-13 17:46:24

Merry Christmas smile

Stom91 Mon 06-Jan-14 10:06:22
Stom91 Mon 06-Jan-14 10:05:56

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1958425-December-2013-sleepless-nights-lots-of-cooing

Here you go smile

hotcrossbun83 Mon 06-Jan-14 10:00:59

Loki if you're bf my health visitor said I could take the vitamins and it would pass through, I'm taking a bf vitamin. No sun here either, wondering how ds is meant to adjust to day and night without any daylight?

13loki Mon 06-Jan-14 09:32:44

Hi again. I've been lurking and just realised this had dropped off my "I'm on" list. Congratulations to everyone. Älfi is now 57cm and 5.2kg. DH's cousin just had a baby girl, she is half the weight of Älfi. Struggling with vitamin d drops for her, if she would take a bottle I could put them in that, but she won't. I didn't give the elder 2 any vitamins, but since we don't go out without a snowsuit covering everything but her eyes, nose and mouth, and it's only light 8-3, she needs them.

I don't understand how she can posset so much after each feed and still poo as much as she does. We both tend to need to get changed after a feed.

itsliz Mon 06-Jan-14 05:15:43

Just checked the postnatal groups section and there doesn't seem to be a December 2013 thread yet so we definitely need to start one!
Tonight is our first night at home and I'm already panicking and coming up with a million different questions... But until we have a new thread I'll reserve them for the FB group and the midwife when she visits tomorrow!

mumofthreeboysS Mon 06-Jan-14 03:23:59

hot yeah that is a lot- hungry little guy! He obviously needs it. I mostly gave more formula than recommended to my other two I guess it's only a guideline what's suggested on the box and they're all different. I hope the appointment helped? The more I read about tongue tie the more it seems pain is caused by it so I'm trying to hang in there till weds. One side doesn't really hurt any more but the left still does sad

Roselau Mon 06-Jan-14 02:34:30

do we have a post natal thread started? i think all babies have appeared but 1?

hotcrossbun83 Sun 05-Jan-14 10:19:15

Mum he has a lot, about 120ml a feed which is recommended about but 7 feeds a day not 5 which is guideline. There's no way he would go 5 hours between feeds! I gave him an extra 50 last night and it did settle him a bit but didn't work later in the night, he will drink and drink so it's hard knowing where to stop.

Seeing a lactation consultant this pm so hopefully will be back on boob, it's my last shot then giving up if ur doesn't work out. Mum I know it's really hard knowing what to do, I'm slightly helped In that he doesn't settle well after a bottle and I'm up half the night anyway plus expressing and sterilizing so not much easier than bf. if bf didn't hurt would rather veg on sofa and do that but when it hurts it's a different story!

mumoftwoboysS Sat 04-Jan-14 16:39:12

hot well the crying could either be that he's still hungry or that he's got trapped wind? How much are you feeding him?

I know you have to be careful with slings that baby doesn't overheat or suffocate. I'm using a moby sling- one of those stretchy material ones. Is good as you can stick baby's head out of the top so they have some air.

I'm swinging between feeling good/confident about bf to feeling like it's too hard/time consuming. Today ds hasn't seemed satisfied after feeds - I've offered one side then when it's empty (after a good half hr) offered him the other side but he's always too sleepy/not interested but then fussed and cries after. I don't know if he's hungry or just sucky. He's also a nightmare to latch - goes mental then clamps down he's so uoset! God it's just so bloody hard.

Mogz Sat 04-Jan-14 16:27:37

hot if he is crying lots after a feed it could be wind or reflux, keep him as upright as possible when feeding him and then for as long as possible after he is done. Try as many different positions as possible, what works for Genevieve is being slung over Daddy's shoulder for 15 mins, then she falls asleep. The problem then comes when we try to put her back down in her basket where it's not so warm and snuggly, pesky baby.

hotcrossbun83 Sat 04-Jan-14 15:28:39

Also I've bought a baby bjorn in hope I can get something done while ds refuses to be put down. He went straight to sleep in it but head straight down on my chest, feels like he can barely breathe!

hotcrossbun83 Sat 04-Jan-14 15:27:10

Mum I'm bottle feeding but expressing as much as I can as I really want to go back to bf. I can feel my supply dropping though so need to do it soon, ds has refused to be put down for last couple of days so no time. Waiting for a call back from a LC, think private session is my last shot then will give up but have to at least try now tt is cut. Ds cries most of the night so no more sleep for me either way, but this way doesn't hurt at least.

Is it normal that ds cries after every feed? Sometimes just a few mins but at night often an hour or two. I thought it went sleep play feed sleep but we have sleep feed cry/play sleep. I don't think wind is an issue, he burps and farts a lot.

Stom91 Sat 04-Jan-14 14:59:44

I feel abit flabby. My tummy feels weird and dp kep making me laugh and it hurts to laugh lol.

Tmi! Just had my first post birth poo! Wasn't too bad was so scared to go at first.

I kinda wana look you kno down there to see what it's like but I'm scared lol. Mate I'll wait a couple days.
Is there anything I can do about. This pile I have? I'm using anusol will it just go on it's own? How Lon do they take to go? It's rather uncomfortable!

Hope you're having a good weekend!

itsliz Sat 04-Jan-14 11:44:34

I don't think I've had a chance to feel flabby yet - 4 days post delivery and I felt practically skinny when I looked in the mirror this morning, compared to how I was during pregnancy! Out of interest, does it take longer for your tummy to go down after a CS or is it the same as a natural birth?

Got discharged from hospital last night which is great but poor Finley is still in NICU as his blood sugar levels are still all over the place. He's doing great otherwise though and they don't seem to be worried about anything else at the moment. He'd also feeding a lot better now that we've switched from BF to FF, and I'm a lot happier as a result.

I'm still totally sleep deprived, sore, miserable that we can't bring Fin home until he's off of his drip and just can't stop crying about everything. Sorry for the grumble, just know that you lovely lot will understand!

mumoftwoboysS Sat 04-Jan-14 08:57:03

supermans after reading your post I dreamt about being on holiday and wearing a swimsuit instead of a bikini to cover up my stomach!

hot sorry to hear you're having trouble with it- are you bottle feeding now? As long as baby is getting milk then that's the most important thing. I bottle fed my other two and the hardest thing now is knowing how easy, pain free (for me) and quick bottle/formula is. Another broken night and I so wish I could just do bottles and sleep more. But I've wanted to succeed so much at BF and this is my last chance...

mum post preg body...mine is horrific and when i said to my mum and nan my stretch marks are terrible they replied everyone gets them mine were bad two. I showed them and their faces lit with horror...very reasuring! I can ifficialy say my bikini days are over how depressing im only 23!!!

hotcrossbun83 Sat 04-Jan-14 00:43:20

Mum if you can possibly hold out to find out about Tt I would. I used shields but it was still v sore with them and now have had Tt cut but ds won't latch, we're in a right mess, although the bottles have done the most damage.

But I know how horrific the pain is, so if it's that or give up then give them a try!

mumoftwoboysS Sat 04-Jan-14 00:18:42

Oh the joys of a post pregnant body. I'm wondering when the tummy is supposed to go down. Mine still looks like I'm 6 months pregnant tho I guess it's only been a week.

Anyone using/tried nipple shields for bf? I've been coping without but ds has clamped down on my nipple a bit too much (going to find out next wk if he has tongue tie) I've got the Medela shields I'm just scared to use them in case there's no going back- he decides he won't feed without them....

Alyssa1978 Fri 03-Jan-14 20:56:48

frouby I'm the same regarding housework, I like it done my way lol and he try's bless him but I wish dp would just leave it and he's already been warned off my new steam mop grin
But when it comes to cooking, he's much better than me lol xx

froubylou Fri 03-Jan-14 17:47:49

I'm the same with the constipation bohemian. And when I do go its very hard and scratchy which means I am not sure if its piles I have or have scratched my bum. Either way I am trying to drink even more and am looking forward to all the Christmas goodies being finished off. It doesn't help that because dp and dd been off school and work we have not been eating as healthy as we usually do.

Can't wait until next week when they are back to normal.

Anyone else getting stressed about housework too? Dp is just useless and I would rather he left things than do them wrong. So I am hoping that next week little man goes down for a couple of hours each day so I can get jobs done.

Is there any one else left to have their baby yet? Does someone want to start a new baby thread?

Seb been grumbling for the last 20 mins and just done the biggest fart so bet he had a bit of tummy ache bless him. Dp gone to pub and dd at her dads for the weekend so chilling out for a few hours. Sat on my bed at the moment and might just stay here lol. Is comfier than the sofa and he is more likely to go down for a while on the bed than on the sofa.

Can air my nips for a bit then too lol.

BohemianRaspberry Fri 03-Jan-14 13:39:53

I'm not too disasterous on the body front - although a couple of years ago I was three stone heavier so I'm just comparing to that!

I look like a melting candle from the waist down with flabby bits but the waist has reappeared. Won't be wearing a bikini as any point but then again I never could anyway. grin. The titty fairy has also decreed that I shall spend every morning looking like Jordan's more well-endowed sister ...

But ... I thought the constipation would go away after birth??? No ... no it doesn't

Alyssa1978 Fri 03-Jan-14 12:59:28

mrs slimming world is exactly where I'm headed too Hun.

MrsShrubs Fri 03-Jan-14 12:22:58

Yep straight to starting slimming world or something for me I think in the next month, stomach is so saggy (and looks like a tiger I have so many stretch marks) 2stone heavier but in all honesty I'd put on a stone after getting married and before getting pregnant so 3 stone really to lose and I still dare not look downstairs at the damage confused

liz I hope he starts feeding better soon!

Dusty04 Fri 03-Jan-14 09:12:25

I'll join in with the piles, flabby tummy, wider hips.. DH said I look beautiful but not feeling that way! Have a rotten cold, pain across my breastbone (feels like iVe pulled a muscle although no idea how!) and stitches feel sore!

In not beartng myself up about it as every time I look at Max I know it's worth it but at some point I'd really like my pre pregnancy body back please! I teach fitness classes part time and had loads of texts asking when in starting again, think it'll be a while yet!

Stom91 Thu 02-Jan-14 23:11:08

Lol. Thanks mogz. Me & dp was having a cuddle and dd starting crying for no reason picked her up and she was fine. Got jealous I think lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now