Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2013 - let's get these babies out before Santa arrives :)

(572 Posts)
Stom91 Sat 14-Dec-13 17:46:24

Merry Christmas smile

Hotmad Sat 14-Dec-13 17:49:03

My DD arrived on 2nd December! Nearly 2 weeks in and we are boycotting Xmas this year!! Motherhood is hard work!!

BetterWithCheese Sat 14-Dec-13 17:58:13

Just marking my place for now. Thanks for the thread Stom!

kchapper5 Sat 14-Dec-13 18:04:59

place marking smile thanks Stom

violetbean Sat 14-Dec-13 18:28:33

Thanks for the thread Stom!

Am still in hospital with a nasty chest infection, high blood pressure and a c section scar that kills every time I cough or laugh. Eek! But been feeling a bit better this afternoon than I was this morning. And every time I look over at Daniel in the hospital bassinet I get a little thrill that he's here and he's ok.

Those who haven't had your babies yet, hope things get moving soon and that you don't have to wait too much longer. Thinking of you!

BohemianRaspberry Sat 14-Dec-13 18:45:49

Marking up place x

extracrunchy Sat 14-Dec-13 18:56:09

Congrats Hotmad smile

Violet poor you!! Glad you're being looked after though and hope you get home to settle with little one very soon.

I reckon I'll still be pregnant after Christmas. Sort of starting to be resigned to it...

Roselau Sat 14-Dec-13 19:12:32

violet i hope it all starts getting better for you. glad you have your little one to make you feel better xx

ok if I don't have my baby during this thread I will start going mental (thanks for the new thread stom).

39 weeks today. Seriously, who's left? we're only the 14th, wouldn't it mean that logically only half babies are born? extra I'm trying to prepare myself psychologically for that eventuality as well... but I can't get on board being pregnant for new years. that's just too long.

Stom didn't you say you started to have period like pains? that's great news! things seem to be happening for you. hang in there. xx

Went to DH christmas party last night, danced to 80s cover band for a good 1.5 hours, and I thought for sure that would help bring on some sort of sign. nope. stilllll nothing.

Mogz Sat 14-Dec-13 19:31:32

So lovely to hear the news of lots of gorgeous new babies, congratulations all!
The hospital discharged me after about 10 hours, still don't know what is wrong but have ruled out infection in urine and womb which is a huuuuge relief. Waiting for cultures to come back (should be done Monday) to check for other infections or viruses. Am on strict instructions to neck as much water, paracetamol and ibruprophen as needed and only get out of bed to pee. So DH is on baby duty, he is doing so well, I can tell he is really worried but he's had a big smile and hugs ready for me all day and has dealt with epic slushy poo like a pro. If there is a silver lining in all this it is him and our girl.

Stom91 Sat 14-Dec-13 19:46:22

rose I keep getting them on and off. I had them all night last night then they go then come back for half hour or so then go again. I don't know if I'm coming or going. But it's not at the front it's all in my lower back which is why I'm not sure if it's actually anything. As I can't tell if it's pregnancy related or my usually back pain playing up

I think I resigned myself to being pregnant over Christmas too!

Really hope you're on the mend soon mogz so glad your dp is being a star!
Mine is making curry tonight. Can't wait so hungry all I do is eat lately lol I made another batch of cookies came out amazing!! So easy to make if anyone has the time to make them ask me for the recipe. I put smarties in though instead of chocolate chips haha. Though they are VERY sugary dd goes crazy after I've eaten them lol.

Me and dp are going to snuggle and watch grown ups 2 after dinner. If any one hasn't seen the first one definately worth a watch. It's a LOL film

Can't actually believe that's I've made it to 39 weeks I never thought I'd get pregnant let alone get to the end (even if I am no moaning that she's not yet here lol)

Stom91 Sat 14-Dec-13 19:52:17

Ooh and everytime we've had to take a trip to hospital it's been dark and pouring with rain - just looking out the window and it's raining... Could it be a sign!?

BohemianRaspberry Sat 14-Dec-13 20:19:33

stom may be it is, hope something moves for you and glad you have such a supportive dp mogz

Can't believe it ... I'm googling 'elective induction' and too tired to make a cake .... things must be bad.

extracrunchy Sat 14-Dec-13 20:26:10

Bohemian now you've got me looking hmm

I wish i was still pregnantsad i miss my bump but i also am glad shes here is this a sign of being broody again already!! Oh god!

Hotmad Sat 14-Dec-13 20:52:58

Can someone explain to me how these threads work? I'm a newbie mumsnetter and newbie mum!

extracrunchy Sat 14-Dec-13 22:06:32

Baby's just done a huge shift and is now blatantly transverse straight across my middle (definite bum and head on either side of belly button and soft tummy at top and bottom) - I'm 39 weeks now so assume this is a bit of an issue. Anyone have any experience?

BohemianRaspberry Sat 14-Dec-13 22:34:43

extra baby spinning and down on all fours! Move that baby!

mumoftwoboysS Sat 14-Dec-13 22:40:33

rose I'm 39 wks tomorrow. Impressed you managed to dance for so long- I can hardly waddle walk or stand odd half that time!

extra oh that doesn't sound good- like bohemian said, google baby spinning and try those techniques. I'd also tell your midwife or hospital as soon as poss. Don't want to worry you but if you go into labour it could be a problem so best they know so they can advise what's next.

extracrunchy Sat 14-Dec-13 22:44:04

I have an appointment on Tuesday (sweep in theory!) - do you reckon I need to ring before then?? I'm on all fours!

Onesliceortwo Sat 14-Dec-13 22:50:44

I'm still here ...... think we could be looking at an Easter birthday rather than Christmas ...... I can see the thread title already, 'Come on Oneslice, get this baby out before the Easter Bunny arrives!' Anyone care to join me?! x

Pocketsocks Sat 14-Dec-13 22:55:22

Hello all! I've been lurking so congrats to all those who've had their babies!
I'm booked for induction on Wednesday at 7:30am. It would be lovely to get in and out the same day. Last time I was due to be induced labour started on the way to the hospital which would also be a winner!
My grandmother thinks baby number 3 is going to be my biggest, which is a worry as number 2 was so big. At the moment I feel so stretched she might not be far wrong!
Am I the only one who found an improvement in SPD in the final days? I've not needed my crutches in a while and have even managed to stay of my painkillers which I take even minus the spd. I'm hoping it stays gone!

extracrunchy Sun 15-Dec-13 00:06:40

Now DS has a fever of 103 and is really sad sad bet I go into labour tonight when he needs mum!

mumoftwoboysS Sun 15-Dec-13 00:06:51

Hello pocketsocks! You're on your 3rd as well! What do you have so far?

extra I would call your mw on monday- see what she says?

Bloody insomnia. Just lying in bed feeling tired but also agitated thinking about impending birth, can't breathe thru my nose and have restless leg...

Anyone else going round in circles re names? I've got boys names down to 2 (tho DH can't agree on any of them!) girls names- I thought I was sure, now I'm completely confused again!...

mumoftwoboysS Sun 15-Dec-13 00:08:48

I'm not joining you oneslice sorry but mines coming out next week!! how many weeks are you?

Roselau Sun 15-Dec-13 00:13:28

stom hm i really hope that it's a sign of something coming. the worst is to be hoping for pain but know that whatever you're feeling is not the pain you're looking for. haha I still find it ironic how we're all hoping for pain.

mum insomnia sucks. plus with two LOs running around all day, you can't just lie down and nap during the day I bet. I hope you get some zzz really fast. re: names, we had decided really early on Zoe and would have her middle name be Leia, but now I'm really hesitant because I really love Leia too so I dont know.

oneslice totally feel like the easter bunny may win the race too. I just feel like nothing is happening, and I should be only 7 days away really.

hotmad i think you got the concept smile write and come back to read what others are saying smile welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now