Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes came true - thread 3

(681 Posts)
RedRobin1 Fri 13-Dec-13 20:27:24

A big fat welcome party for twinkle and just another thread for us all to keep in touch smile

RedRobin1 Thu 18-Sep-14 20:27:48

What happened twinks? Did everything go wrong....well if it did, you are not alone. My first time out with baby was an utter disaster...

Went into town to get a new phone with DH and baby, I discovered my stitches were so infected I barely made it out the car park and onto the high street.

Baby wakes up on high street and has screaming fit, discover she has done a poo, rush to find the nearest baby changing toilet and discover we have to take a longer route which is more pram friendly, get to changing room and baby decides to wee all over herself, try and strip a screaming baby covered in wee and stay calm at the same time inspite of stitches hurting like hell....change baby and rush back home to feed (I was not self confident back then about feeding in public and dd was not latching)

Go home and have a good sob at complete failure to last more than half an hour out...feel totally miserable for the rest of the day

But now in hindsight it got soooo much better later on and I became a pro navigating pushchairs, feeding baby and changing and all of that...

Twinklestar2 Thu 18-Sep-14 19:50:00

Took baby out today - what a nightmare!!

Twinklestar2 Fri 12-Sep-14 22:11:09

3 under 4 shockshockshock

RedRobin1 Fri 12-Sep-14 13:31:58

Hahaha kitty that's what we are doing....not actively trying and not actively preventing grin who knows what may happen! I looked after my friends baby for a day and she was 16 months and dd was 8 months and it wasn't so bad...
But then that was just one day and none of them were a newborn smile

3 under 4 kitty! Hehehe I can't go there...

Why not not try but not stop red? Bf acts as a type of barrier anyway? Makes things much more relaxed and two under 2 isn't so bad wink
Iwant another and I'd have 3 under 4 shock common sence is prevailing so far wink

RedRobin1 Thu 11-Sep-14 07:12:02

We are doing good....envious of royal baby 2 but happy for them! Starting to get broody and dds only 8 months! DH and I don't want 2 under 2 so decided to wait (sigh!)

Dd is a lot more amusing these days. She babbles non stop and was even talking to her apple slices this morning. She'd suck on it, take it out of her mouth, babble to it, then suck again. Breakfast went on forever but it was so amusing to watch her! She crawls and cruises now

Twinklestar2 Wed 10-Sep-14 22:25:21

Thanks for the tips, kitty and red.

This thread seems to be all about me recently. How are you all getting on?

Two words if you have leaky boobs winkle - breast shells!!
Get yourself some, they are amazing, you slip one in the side that's it feeding from and it collects and encourages the milk out, you can collect a few oz each feed and too it into a bottle or bags to use as a bottle for dh to help or store for later and they keep you perfectly dry. I can't recomend them enough but obviously out and about not ideal but your supply will settle but does take awhile like red said, I used washable one and also when baby latches on hold my arm subtly tight on other nipple to stop it abit, that dies work to a degree to

RedRobin1 Tue 09-Sep-14 12:01:46

twinkle lovely to read your posts and 4 weeks seems to have flown by! I agree with kitty - each milestone makes you feel proud yet sad at how quick time flies by!

I used bf pads for the whole time I was bf - upto 7 months. I didn't like my bras smelling of milk and in summer it used to get a bit too hot and sweaty and the pads helped to absorb leftover milk spots from every feed. At the beginning I went through 3-4 pads a day and towards the end 1 pair lasted me the whole day. Leakage wise it took 4 months for my supply to settle and not leak.

Twinklestar2 Mon 08-Sep-14 23:08:07

I have a question re breastfeeding. Do your boobs ever stop leaking?! Should I stock up on breast pads? Going through so many at the moment!

4 wks allready shockThat's it winkle you will never have a leisurely lie in or a long lie in the bath lol blink and the day is gone
It won't be long and you'll be telling us it's his birthday!!!
Great that your getting on with bf it's a lovely experience if it works for you, I hated stoping I was lucky and both took to it, so sad with every mile stone that you leave behind

Twinklestar2 Sat 06-Sep-14 11:18:40

Thanks everyone. J is 4 weeks on Monday and it's a cliche but he's changed so much already!

We are getting on well with the breastfeeding and I'm not too tired smile

It's strange having a baby - time just flies and there's ALWAYS something to do!

How is everyone else getting on?

Ahhh twinks glad your feeling better / more recovered!
It's such a huge shock to body and mind with your first and all the hormones, you forget it with your second but it doesn't seem quite as shocking as the memory's come back, I was lucky with birth but remember how much my boobs leaked and waking up in the night wet through every night with sweats ugh
is still do it all again mindwink
Joseph is gorgeous, love it!!

Twinklestar2 Sat 23-Aug-14 13:49:58

Thanks ted grin hope you're home soon!

I'm feeling much better! Amazing how you can feel 100%better in such a short space of time. Have even ventured out the house a couple of times. Love pushing him in his pram grin

tedmundo Sat 23-Aug-14 10:10:19

Lovely to hear how you are all settling into family life. Joseph is a beautiful name (although I am biased as my best friend has a boy called Joseph but we call him joe or joey!).

I have spent a week at in laws now and I am ready for home. I love them to bits but I miss the cat!!

Twinklestar2 Wed 20-Aug-14 02:46:37

My oh is amazing, when. We are so lucky to have him smile

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Tue 19-Aug-14 22:56:04

Hope you are over the horrible hormonal sob fest. It's the pits.

Joseph is such a gorgeous name, really glad your dh is helping he sounds amazing.

Twinklestar2 Mon 18-Aug-14 23:21:21

Overwhelming is exactly how I described it to OH!!

RedRobin1 Mon 18-Aug-14 22:14:32

The birth sounds traumatic twinkle! glad everything turned out good in the end.

I can relate to the day 5 feeling as that's when the 'milk comes in' and suddenly everything feels overwhelming. Total hormonal mess at this stage is absolutely normal! Brrrr I just recollected how I felt that day. I retreated from visitors and went up to bed with baby and just burst into tears. Did not have any energy.

No nausea though. Sorry, hope you feel better soon! I remember the puking from pregnancy and anyone who even mentions nausea has my total and utter sympathy in that instant sad

Twinklestar2 Mon 18-Aug-14 19:53:08

The birth was long! Lots of stopping and starting and very medicalised. All the internal examinations hurt hmm

Felt very forced, my body wasn't ready. Ended in an EMCS as you know as baby's heartbeat was very erratic.

But never mind! Baby is here and we're both ok!

He's a week old and a very good boy! Eats and sleeps smile My Husband is great - looks after him while I rest, is brilliant at changing nappies, just loves spending time with him grin

Day 5 was hideous. Felt like Id been hit by a bus! Slept all day and only dealt with baby when he needed feeding.

Did anybody feel sick after having their baby? I've felt nauseous, my appetite is shot to bits and I puked yesterday. hmm

RedRobin1 Fri 15-Aug-14 23:44:10

Meant to say *DH doing most of it with dd at the begining

RedRobin1 Fri 15-Aug-14 23:43:09

Aww you made me blubber smile I loved coming home as a family and everything felt new and changed. It was quite emoshional

How did the birth go? Do tell us when you feel ready. Hope you are resting resting resting and healing well. I remembered feeling guilty for doing most of it with dd and me just focusing on bf but it really helped with recovery in the longer run.

The 'bruised and battered' feeling is quite normal - you have had major surgery! Take it easy and enjoy your time as a family (virtual hugs and kisses - very unmumsnetty but I don't care) very happy for you.

Joseph is a lovely name!

Twinklestar2 Fri 15-Aug-14 22:11:23

Red I cried when I got home. Was just so happy and couldn't believe we were all finally here and home and together.

Twinklestar2 Fri 15-Aug-14 22:09:57

Hello everyone

We are all doing great, esp baby Joseph who is feeding well and let me sleep a bit last night. Hoping for the same tonight!

OH is great with him, changes his nappy and is great at soothing him. He does my injections too, ted smile

Bit sore and feeling a bit battered and bruised - people do this more that once?!!!!

tedmundo Fri 15-Aug-14 15:30:25

I hope you, dh and ds are well winkle. Are you sore? Did they send you home with the needles to do your own injections? DH was happy to jab me! He missed his calling I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now