Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes came true - thread 3

(700 Posts)
RedRobin1 Fri 13-Dec-13 20:27:24

A big fat welcome party for twinkle and just another thread for us all to keep in touch smile

weechops Fri 28-Nov-14 20:02:49

Twinkle you'll find that the routines change all the time so don't worry about doing anything, he'll know what to do smile

Well little ds is going to be 1 in two weeks! Where the bloody hell has the time gone?!? He's started taking his first steps this week and I can see his confidence growing, so he'll be running soon smile

So looking forward to Christmas now. Love the festive season!

How's everyone else getting on? X

Twinklestar2 Sun 23-Nov-14 19:21:14

The only difference the dream feed is making is stopping the waking every hour and a bit. He's still up every 3 hours and last night added a 5.45 wake up in the mix too argh!

Am I supposed to do something to stop the night wakenings and feeding or is that something they do themselves?

RedRobin1 Fri 21-Nov-14 23:32:05

Twinkle we did try dream feeds and dd drank in her sleep well and latched on fine too but it made no difference to her waking up several times at night so stopped doing them

Twinklestar2 Sun 16-Nov-14 10:45:17

Well done baby red on taking your first steps grin

I'm doing good. My boy is 14 weeks tomorrow and such a happy little dumpling!

Did anyone else do dream feeding? I started this week and it's going ok so far.

RedRobin1 Thu 13-Nov-14 00:22:55

Hey twinks! How are you doing? And everyone else...kitty, red, when, alex...how are you all doing?

I have disappeared into my baby bubble the last few months ... Just making the most of it before I start back at work in the new year! The year seems to have flown by so fast confused dd is now 10mnths! How did this happen?
We are recovering from a crappy viral bug but doing better now. DD even took her first steps last weeksmile proud mummy moment! I am simply happy and...making the most of this time!

Twinklestar2 Mon 10-Nov-14 15:20:08

How's everyone getting on?

Actually scratch that is that his full name or am I going mad, it's Seth can't remember if it's short for anything or not so I may have made the other part upblush

Sebastian, very cute! smile

Twinklestar2 Thu 30-Oct-14 12:08:14

Fab news re mrsbri. What did she call him?

She did winkle, a little boy smile
Wow 12wks!!! It flys has it started to feal like it failing into place now a little?

Twinklestar2 Wed 29-Oct-14 16:15:18

Hello all

Wow can't believe I posted weeks ago... Sorry!!

Coming up to the 12 week mark on Monday! Can't believe how much baby has changed! He smiles and gurgles so much, recognises me and OH... Oh and cries and screams loudly!

All still going well though grin Still breastfeeding. grin I've just accepted that he's going to be stuck to me for a while and I'm just going with it!

Did mrsbri have her baby?

Hello everyone <waves> is anyone still around?
Twinks it's really hard the transition from no kids to new mum, nothing prepares you for it and it's such a shock but your doing fab and it does definetly get easier, sleeping wise things should start getting better, make sure he feeds well in the day, every three hours if you can aprox even waking him up to feed ( only in the day) you forget those days where they seam stuck to you but no one minds and I agree with the others make the most of sitting watching your fav shows etc it goes so quick, with dd2 I used to have to bf while carrying her to take dd1 to the toilet or get her things etc it's never the same hmm I bf dd1 till 6 months and dd2 til 9, I still miss it although remember the trials that go with it, I bet he's changed again in the few weeks since you write your post hasn't he? How's it going now?
When do you go back to work red? This week is my first back to what I'm contracted for, 4 long days hmm
Wee how did the anniversary go? It must have been incredibly hard for you thanks

RedRobin1 Tue 14-Oct-14 20:56:47

Twinks it does get easier...hang in there! Dd started sleeping much better when we moved her kicked her out to her own room at 4 months

I remember she used to cluster feed and I used to feel so tied down by breastfeeding in those early months but echo what ted says...I soon found myself getting prepped for bf I.e slice of cake, long pint of water, remote control and some munchies and downton Abbey box sets on sky kept me going....dd now smiles when she hears the downton abbey theme wink probably wondering where she heard that before teeeheee!

And before you know it....he will be quicker with feeding which made bf so good...10-15mins and she would be done! Brilliant for when you are out and about without having to carry bottles!

tedmundo Mon 13-Oct-14 12:34:31

Hello everyone!

Wee .. I hope you were ok on the anniversary. Was SIL on her best behaviour?

Twinks .. All of mine started to sleep much longer at 9 weeks. You may see some improvement very soon! It is lovely to hear your news. Enjoy the time sat on your behind as it doesn't last. Netflix is your friend!

Ds2 was 6 this weekend. L is now 19 months, running, talking, playing. The baby bit whizzed by and I feel sad as that really is it for us. I have loved being at home with them all but I am ready to get back to grown up life now. I will wait until L starts school and see what my options are. I am hoping there will actually be some jobs around by that point!

I am trying to find us a cheap sun holiday for October half term. Bristol in October is wet and windy and I want to get away from all this!

Twinklestar2 Sun 12-Oct-14 13:40:29

I hope the anniversary wasn't too bad thanks

I think I was having a bad day when I posted about breastfeeding! It's hard cause they're stuck to you and you can't get anything else done. It's a good excuse to get out of doing stuff tho too!

Baby J is 9 weeks tomorrow! Still breastfeeding him smile He has had the odd bottle from dad but 99% of the time he's breastfed.

The sleepless nights are hard tho! Any tips? It does get easier, doesn't it?!?!

RedRobin1 Tue 07-Oct-14 20:10:55

Hope tomorrow goes well wee must be a difficult day for you all. Z sounds like my dd...she's constantly standing up all day long and just wants to cruise holding on to the sofa! She turned 9 months just this week...every month is bringing mat leave end closer sad

I have loved every min of it so far...although last few days have been hellish with teething but apart from that yep loved it all smile

Twinkle breastfeeding for more than 3 weeks is a great thing to give to your baby...so if you have gone longer than that you have done fantastic already! I breastfed dd exclusively for 6 months and mix fed (formula and breast) till 7.5months after which i stopped bf. Wish I had carried on longer though...

I do remember thinking that question around the 2-3 month mark! Is everything okay?

weechops Mon 06-Oct-14 13:47:45

Hi guys I've had so much on I missssed you!!! ��

twinkle that sounds like you had a bloody hard day! But you know what, I think once you get through a day like that once, you can cope with anything else when you're out and about, so well done you!

I didn't manage to bf mine so can't really comment, but if you're still bf now then I think you're doing amazing! How's baby J doing?

Z is now 9 1/2 months eek! Crawling and into everything and wanting me to hold his hands to walk all the time. Sore back for me ��.

Bit of a sad week for me as tomorrow is the first anniversary of my dad passing away, and on Saturday we're going to his favourite place to scatter his ashes.

If anyone remembers I had some grumbles about my toxic sil, she is still driving me nuts with the insensitivity! Gah!

How's everyone else doing?

Twinklestar2 Mon 06-Oct-14 11:11:02

How long did everyone breastfeed for?

Twinklestar2 Sat 20-Sep-14 14:10:24

I had to meet some mums at 12
Turned up an hour late cause he wouldn't settle, I was still in my underwear at 12 trying to settle him!!
Joseph cried and cried when I got there
Changed him in the toilet and he wees everywhere and Over my cardigan
Then breastfed him practically the whole time I was sitting there
He screamed on the way home so I had to take his babygro off - think he was too hot - and carry him whilst pushing the pram! How dangerous is that?!
Then he fell asleep on the bus, put him in the pram and as I took him off the bus, I think the gap between the bus and pavement is quite big and it shook the pram hard that he woke up and screamed till he went purple hmm

RedRobin1 Thu 18-Sep-14 20:27:48

What happened twinks? Did everything go wrong....well if it did, you are not alone. My first time out with baby was an utter disaster...

Went into town to get a new phone with DH and baby, I discovered my stitches were so infected I barely made it out the car park and onto the high street.

Baby wakes up on high street and has screaming fit, discover she has done a poo, rush to find the nearest baby changing toilet and discover we have to take a longer route which is more pram friendly, get to changing room and baby decides to wee all over herself, try and strip a screaming baby covered in wee and stay calm at the same time inspite of stitches hurting like hell....change baby and rush back home to feed (I was not self confident back then about feeding in public and dd was not latching)

Go home and have a good sob at complete failure to last more than half an hour out...feel totally miserable for the rest of the day

But now in hindsight it got soooo much better later on and I became a pro navigating pushchairs, feeding baby and changing and all of that...

Twinklestar2 Thu 18-Sep-14 19:50:00

Took baby out today - what a nightmare!!

Twinklestar2 Fri 12-Sep-14 22:11:09

3 under 4 shockshockshock

RedRobin1 Fri 12-Sep-14 13:31:58

Hahaha kitty that's what we are doing....not actively trying and not actively preventing grin who knows what may happen! I looked after my friends baby for a day and she was 16 months and dd was 8 months and it wasn't so bad...
But then that was just one day and none of them were a newborn smile

3 under 4 kitty! Hehehe I can't go there...

Why not not try but not stop red? Bf acts as a type of barrier anyway? Makes things much more relaxed and two under 2 isn't so bad wink
Iwant another and I'd have 3 under 4 shock common sence is prevailing so far wink

RedRobin1 Thu 11-Sep-14 07:12:02

We are doing good....envious of royal baby 2 but happy for them! Starting to get broody and dds only 8 months! DH and I don't want 2 under 2 so decided to wait (sigh!)

Dd is a lot more amusing these days. She babbles non stop and was even talking to her apple slices this morning. She'd suck on it, take it out of her mouth, babble to it, then suck again. Breakfast went on forever but it was so amusing to watch her! She crawls and cruises now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now