Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP wishes came true - thread 3

(704 Posts)
RedRobin1 Fri 13-Dec-13 20:27:24

A big fat welcome party for twinkle and just another thread for us all to keep in touch smile

Ohhh wee exciting!!!!

Thingymajigs Mon 16-Dec-13 19:41:21

I'm exhausted today. So just quickly popping in to wish winkle the best of luck for tomorrow and I can't wait to hear updates from wee too. x

weechops Tue 17-Dec-13 07:29:58

Baby boy born at 2.18am weighing 7lb 13oz smile will post a pic to the group. I got my vbac! Really quick labour - 3 hours all in. Was 2cm when I got to assessment, and 10 an hour later! No time for epidural so all done with gas and air. He is perfect smile

Congrats wee, what a fantastic birth story, you did really well on just gas and air!!

fatasbutter Tue 17-Dec-13 07:51:27

Argh! My head might explode with all the good news!!
winkle - WOW!! Congrats and masses of luck for today!! So happy for you! grin thanks
wee you lucky devil! Sounds like a dream labour - congrats to you too!
And to alex!
Have been an absentee MN-er for ages now due to extreme stress of moving and other traumas - must try harder!
red the stretch marks after 37 weeks happened to me last time too - was so gutted - am under no illusions this time!!
31 weeks here and dilemma-ing about c-section after previous 3rd degree tear...anyone got any helpful advice???!

Thingymajigs Tue 17-Dec-13 08:11:27

Congratulations again wee. He is so gorgeous and what a quick labour! smile
Dear Santa, for Christmas I'd like a labour just like wee's pretty please. Thanks.

tedmundo Tue 17-Dec-13 08:31:25

Congrats wee! Wow, what a labour. Give wee wee a cuddle from me.

Will post more later, got to do school run.

Good look winkle

tedmundo Tue 17-Dec-13 08:32:17

Good luck I mean. Although you are looking mighty fine today.

RedRobin1 Tue 17-Dec-13 09:03:16

Congratulations wee grin that sounds like a dream labour. Please could I have the same too. Hope you are resting and little one is doing well.

winkle come back and update us once you have had the scan. thinking of you smile

Hello fatas hope you are keeping well. did the move go okay? I have no experience of c secs / birth sorry.

thingy how many weeks are you? The tiredness just seems to come back suddenly in third trimester, doesn't it?

Thingymajigs Tue 17-Dec-13 09:41:16

Glad to see you back fatas. smile Hope the move went smoothly. We moved in October and I'm so glad we did it before I got too big. The one upside to moving in pregnancy is that you aren't expected to carry much. grin
The same thing happened to me with ds1 red. Stretch marks appeared at 37 weeks and then overtook my whole tummy, midriff and thighs. shock I have a small frame though and he was a big baby so I was just unlucky. I think most people get away with one or two marks.
Yes, exhaustion has been a constant throughout this pregnancy due to restless leg syndrome. It prevents me from sleeping more than a couple of hours a night and it's really taking its toll now but I'm trying to enjoy every last minute regardless. Only 7 weeks left for me which will fly by I'm sure. I can't believe you are 37 weeks already! Our pregnancies have gone so quickly.

Good luck winkle. Thinking of you both today.

RedRobin1 Tue 17-Dec-13 10:20:08

thingy I have a small frame too but the baby keeps growing shock where am I going to produce all this extra room from! I have counted 2-3 stretch marks so far but I am sure I am going to get more by the time this baby gets out....

7 weeks will fly by thingy and especially over Christmas time seems to move quicker. Hope you get some more sleep in the coming weeks.

I am having a good day today - we just had the plumber round to fix our lounge radiator and he didn't charge any fees for it, in the spirit of Christmas smile and probably seeing how pregnant I was. But how lovely is that! I love good people and all the kindness around this time of the year.

Welcome back fatas, stay with us now!!!!
My friend had a c section after 3rd degree, if it helps she said she wasn't prepared for how much pain she was in after the c section as she had a toddler too, I think she maybe thought it was the "easy"
Way to give birth she said recovery and pain wise the 3rd degree was better then c section if that helps? I have read of others who had subsequent births and didn't tear anywhere near as badly, how was your recovery? That's what you need to compare, I had a tear but wouldn't have even known about it if I wasn't told, never had any problems so I was desperate for a vb again

That's lovely red smile I wonder if you will have a new year baby or not? Imagine a Xmas day one? My friend I'm meeting today is due New Year's Eve lol

P.s are you starting to see why I loved my little 37weeker lol
P.p.s I've added new updated pic of dd2 and her rapunzel hair grin

twinklestar2 Tue 17-Dec-13 11:03:13

One baby, one strong heartbeat!! So happy and relieved! Feel a bit shell shocked and it's still feels very surreal.

Congratulations wee! Hello fatas! smile

tedmundo Tue 17-Dec-13 12:18:54

Oh how lovely winkle. May this be the start of a lovely pregnancy for you both.

Did anyone cry?! I had a good old cry at my scans! happy tears of course.

twinklestar2 Tue 17-Dec-13 13:24:29

I haven't cried yet! Think I cried enough tears in the proceeding 2.5 years!!

RedRobin1 Tue 17-Dec-13 13:51:06

awww winkle I am now blubbing for you..smile I didn't cry at any of mine either - was too worried about being sick all over the ultrasound technician. But I remember feeling this immense love for that tiny thing on the screen when it was floating around at 13 weeks.

Thingymajigs Tue 17-Dec-13 13:57:41

Fantastic news! I'm so happy for you. smile
I didn't cry either. I just felt overwhelming relief at all the scans. I'm rubbish at crying though, I can't even if I want to. On the other hand, DP blubs all the time. He cried at all of our scans.

twinklestar2 Tue 17-Dec-13 14:18:39

Ah thanks girls smile

It felt very surreal, I'm not sure I'll believe it till the baby is in my arms!

I feel a bit more comfortable now but still have a loooong way to go. Luckily I have 2 weeks off from the Friday so going to concentrate on relaxing.

Did anyone else have a constant headache in the first few weeks? I've had mild nausea too and everything smells gross!

RedRobin1 Tue 17-Dec-13 14:48:08

winkle my SIL had headaches starting around this point and lasted up to 2nd trimester. Unfortunately for her, they turned into migraines over time. She swore by this headache relief balm called 'Forehead' and its safe to use (available in Boots) during pregnancy.

I had the nausea and the smell thing (extra sensitive nose). It will pass soon. I had banned DH from coming anywhere near me if he was wearing aftershave.

BlearyeyedLol Tue 17-Dec-13 17:11:47

Aaaaaaaw twinkle that's amazing news! One step at a time and it's understandable that you don't want to get carried away but a heartbeat is a great start.
I too had horrible headaches and no nausea!

Congratulations winkle, so pleased for you and it is great news, you never feel "out of the woods" until like you say there's a baby and even then it doesn't go but once you've seen a hb the chances of a healthy pregnancy go up massively x

twinklestar2 Tue 17-Dec-13 18:42:51

Thx kitty. :D

RedRobin1 Wed 18-Dec-13 09:01:40

kitty your dd is soooooooo cute. Love her hair grin how old is she now?she's sitting up all by herself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now