Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New Mums in Kew/Richmond/Chiswick - Due March

(9 Posts)
Wobblybitsandbobs Sat 07-Dec-13 15:38:38

Having my first in March (exciting but eek!) and unfortunately can't go to a local NCT class - so worried I won't have any local buddies to play with during my maternity leave! Anyone in a similar boat?

Hi, I'm just down the road in Ham, between Richmond and Kingston. I haven't joined NCT either. I'm due on March 3rd. There's a club here for women due in March. Introduce yourself! It's called Martians 2014.

theyoniwayisnorthwards Sat 07-Dec-13 22:31:50

Not pregnant but Iocal and just wanted to say you will not struggle to meet others in Chiswick or Richmond if you're willing to get out a bit. I did an Nct postnatal course in Chiswick when baby was about 7 weeks and made mummy there. Google 'mothers meeting' for a bunch of cool meetups with babies and mums, mostly East London but some west London stuff too. Once you start meeting people they introduce you to more and it gets easier. I have also swapped numbers in coffee skips with women who have kids my kids age.

theyoniwayisnorthwards Sat 07-Dec-13 22:32:46

Sorry that should have read made mummy FRIENDS there. X

Tea1Sugar Sun 08-Dec-13 08:44:26

I'm in Kingston due in April with dc2 :-)

firstclassmaternitycare Wed 11-Dec-13 12:54:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Wobblybitsandbobs Mon 30-Dec-13 17:04:01

Sorry for hideously delayed response - manic lead up to Christmas at work and now family have discended until the NY. This is great and will be in touch in 2014 when feet touch the ground (for a little while anyway!)

jessiewatson Fri 24-Jan-14 17:19:54

I am expecting my first on March 10th and am in the process of organising a flat move from St Margarets to Kew in mid Feb (hopefully before baby arrives eek!).

Doing NCT in Twickenham but would love to meet new mums in the Kew area too.

Jonquille Wed 16-Apr-14 19:53:39

Wobblybitsandbobs -hopefully by now you already have your baby and getting used to have your newborn. I just saw this thread and thought I would reply.
There are frequent Mumsnet Richmond meetups. The bunch that come to them are lovely and I am sure you will make some good friends.
Here is the link:
local.mumsnet.com/richmond-upon-thames/meet-ups

Join us and hope to meet you soon.
I'm due with my second in May 2014, after having my baby will be going to lots of local mum and baby groups <hopefully>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now