Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2014 Thread 4 - We're almost in Trimester 3!

(1000 Posts)
LeeHandy Wed 04-Dec-13 20:26:51

Here's to fantastic 20 week scans, feeling baby move and other exciting milestones and best of all, the end of sickness!

LightTripper Thu 01-May-14 07:49:07

So, baby light is determined to be a May baby it seems! Anybody else still waiting other than me and Cannot?

Vikkijayne2507 Tue 29-Apr-14 13:30:56

sounds promisingcannot

LightTripper Tue 29-Apr-14 10:23:48

ooh, maybe you'll beat the induction! Given mine is booked for the day after the BH weekend I am quite certain LittleLight will make her entrance just before, but would be nice if she comes a bit sooner and gives the midwives a nice BH off!

Cannotbelieveit Tue 29-Apr-14 09:18:59

I'm booked in for induction on Friday at 8am! Eek!

Altho last night and this morning very very loose bowel movements and more plug coming away?

40+3

LightTripper Tue 29-Apr-14 08:27:06

:-)

I have a feeling that little Light is determined to be a May baby! Hopefully my MW is booking me in for an induction on Tuesday if nothing happens by then....

Vikkijayne2507 Tue 29-Apr-14 00:45:36

April is nearly over come on you last babies

LightTripper Mon 28-Apr-14 07:59:00

Thanks Lee and Churros, and congratulations wendle (I was losing track... So many babies now, only a few of us to go!)

Still no new developments here. Seeing MW this morning. Think she will recommend a sweep which I am in two minds about as I hate smears, and from what I've read for every woman who avoids an induction they have to do 7-8 sweeps (I currently feel more scared of a sweep than induction, though that's probably just because an induction feels a bit further away!)

Anyway, I'll see what she has to say about it and then give it some more thought.

LT (40+5) Xx

LeeHandy Sun 27-Apr-14 23:06:03

congratulations wendle!! it's great you had a good birth experience. on feeding, there's no right or wrong, just what works for you and the baby so don't beat yourself up about it.
however, I will say beyond initial soreness for a few days, bf should not be painful. you should get a bf counselor to help you figure out the problem.
I was in all sorts of pain and the counselor diagnosed a tongue tie for ds. but when I went to get the tongue tie done, the lactation consultant diagnosed us with thrush. 3 days of medication later, I am almost a new person. on one boob, I can't feel anything beyond a gentle tugging when ds is on it.
so talk to different people and make sure you get answers and help for your pain. you don't have to live with it. ok I will get off my soap box now
hope everyone else is doing well. good luck to those still waiting!! smile

ChurrosConChocolate Sun 27-Apr-14 14:09:04

Congratulations wendle! Great to hear that the c section went well. Sorry the breastfeeding is hard. It does get easier. Don't worry too much if you don't get much when you pump, babies are much more effective at getting milk out so it is no real indication that you are not making enough milk. There are various foods and herbs you can try to boost milk supply though (I can't remember off the top of my head but you could google!)

cannot and light I wouldn't be at all surprised if I had a May baby too. In fact DS told me very confidently that the baby's birthday is in May the other day (he's also sure it's a girl!). Had about 2 hours of mild contractions 15 mins apart Friday night and was very period painy yesterday but now nothing. DS arrived at 40+2 so was hoping this one would be the same or earlier...

40+2

LightTripper Sun 27-Apr-14 09:17:39

Thanks cannot! Will pop over and mark my place a bit early ... I can totally imagine my LO being a May baby too :-)

Cannotbelieveit Sun 27-Apr-14 07:42:52

Heres a link to the postnatal April group that someone has started, this one is nearly full anyway!

April post natal

Cannotbelieveit Sun 27-Apr-14 07:38:06

Congrats Wendle, great news!

I have a feeling I might make it to May at this rate confused

40+1

wendle70 Sat 26-Apr-14 22:25:06

Ps hope you are feeling better nevergoogle you poor thing. I saw your post. I can't focus on tv/reading a mag/lasagne instructions and my op was a breeze so i think what you are feeling is completely understandable. Sending you big hug. X

wendle70 Sat 26-Apr-14 21:58:32

Hi everyone sorry it has been a while since i posted. Baby Wendle has arrived (last Thurs). C section as breech. Op was fab, hospital was fab. Midwives were amazing. In for 3 nights and we lucked out and managed 2 in private room. First night he just slept. Day 2 had horrific after pains as had allergic reaction to dressing which was like being scalded but good now (on painkillers). Had a few scares on the way with the paediatric tests but thank God all well with our little man.

Congrats to those whose babies have also arrived. Not long to go now for you remaining ladies!

It's been a rollercoaster so far. Definitely had baby blues days 2 to 4 crying with pain, anxiety and tiredness. And still have times when i feel a bit overwhelmed by the task ahead and the fact that your whole life is feeding, changing and planning next feed but how much do i love my little man! He's worth it.

Reading your posts it's funny as I think we mums will always worry....Baby wendle has actually been too good in a way..he is a very sleepy baby and only cries when he's changed and is feeding on a fairly regular 3 hr basis (though been 2 hrs a fair bit today and he sometimes does 4 hrs at night when we do one formula feed to ensure he is getting enough milk and gain weight plus give me more rest). I guess my point is as well as mums being exasperated with active crying babies you can be worried when they are too sleepy! Also it all changes so quickly i am told.

Have found breastfeeding v hard. Unsure if latch is good/how much he is taking in. Get stressed he is getting dehydrated and watching nappies like a hawk. When i pump, hardly any milk comes out (15 ml usually). He then necks 70 ml of formula so I am def not producing enough.

I'm using nipple shields on one painful side..i have been told they are fine to use as long as you test there is milk coming through (by looking at them afterwards and seeing milk in them). By the way i found a dvd and book on breastfeeding that lots of people recommended to me v useful...clare byam cook is the author (amazon).

Got bfeeding counsellor on mon. At the mo just taking bfeeding day by day and each day he gets is a bonus. It's v hard and formula v tempting!

But despite all that it's wonderful being a mummy!

smile

Xx

LightTripper Sat 26-Apr-14 08:41:46

Sounds like bliss! Hope the rest of your holiday weekend is just as chilled xx

Vikkijayne2507 Fri 25-Apr-14 19:37:10

had an amazing lie in today after my night feeds. I gave James a feed at 9am and had expressed 5oz night before oh took James out for a walk I slept he had expressed milk around midday was happy enough I got up at 2pm it was heaven. I even got a long hot shower. I only got this as it's a holiday here in Portugal 40 years since they had a dictatorship its the most sleep ive had since he was born.

LightTripper Fri 25-Apr-14 18:13:53

Happy due date!! Glad I have a bit of excuse for the brain fade...

Had a lovely day today - lunch with my Mum. Nausea kicking in a bit early though, so have got my feet up (well, I am trying to hem a curtain, but not with much dedication - no sewing machine so it is bloody slow and dull).

Curry tonight, which will hopefully revive me. Kind of hoping I get a last weekend with just me and OH and then she could come middle of next week, that would be perfect (so almost certainly not what will happen!!). I think she's definitely starting to get a bit squished in there... No more kicking, just lots of efforts to streetch and take over even more of my rib age than she's already got!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. How are all the babies doing?

LT xx

ChurrosConChocolate Fri 25-Apr-14 17:49:13

light, baby brain definitely comes before the baby arrives!

I saw the midwife yesterday and all looks perfect at the moment. Just a case of waiting now. Lots of pressure and tightenings today but not overly hopeful it'll come to anything.

40 weeks today!

LightTripper Thu 24-Apr-14 09:23:19

Oh phew, I had actually booked it, just failed to write it down... Is this what they call "baby brain"? I thought that was supposed to come after the baby? Oh dear...

LightTripper Wed 23-Apr-14 22:28:20

Good thanks! BP was fine. Didn't learn anything else, but not sure what she really could have told me anyway so didn't push it. I think my MW may be on holiday, so maybe that's why she suggested I see GP instead? MW only comes into the surgery one day a week anyway, which is a Monday, so I guess that is quite likely. Am seeing MW again on Monday if nothing happens before then (though have just realised I haven't actually booked that yet... Must call them tomorrow!)

ChurrosConChocolate Wed 23-Apr-14 14:12:21

Hi all, I'm selfishly glad I'm not the only one still waiting grin. DS is asking several times a day if the baby is coming yet... I wish I knew! No signs at all of anything happening, but then there wasn't with DS so trying not to get too disheartened!

Cannot sorry you are having to have lots of monitoring but at least it sounds like they are keeping an eye on you. I know what you mean, I just want my baby now too!

Vikki a month already!!! It sounds like he is getting more alert, how lovely smile

light happy due date! Hope you got on ok with the GP. Do you not get to see a midwife? I find they are much better generally about knowing about engagement and position.

Never hope you are ok and being very gentle with yourself. Did you get any more answers yet?

Hoping there will be some more baby news here soon!

39+5

Cannotbelieveit Wed 23-Apr-14 08:25:17

It's gone quiet on here!! Tho the fb group is always busy?

Getting frustrated as now been in 3 times for rfm and he had some decels yesterday on a planned ctg so back again today and Friday for more monitoring. Tho Friday a mw will hopefully do a sweep for me! Would just love it to happen on it's own before then! Just want him here safely and quickly!!

39+4

Vikkijayne2507 Wed 23-Apr-14 08:11:01

dropped off the thread. hope appointment us fruitful light and baby puts in an appearance. James had a gd night last night actually sleeping most waking up for feeds. im not counting the chickens to quickly he has gd and terrible nights but I spent a lot of yesterday talking singing massaging and showing him stuff around the house so hoping that tired him out at 1 month old (where did it go) he's a lot more alert and wants to look at things better eye focus and easier feeding

LightTripper Wed 23-Apr-14 07:56:41

How is it going? Hope everybody had a lovely Easter!

My due date today, but no sign of movement. Off to see the GP sooner have an extra BP check as it was a bit high last time. I'm wondering if she might have time to feel if the baby is engaged yet too, as she's usually very quick and efficient and has done all the antenatal checks including listening to heart beat in a 10 minute slot before, so fingers crossed I might find out a bit more!

Hope it is a lovely sunny morning for everybody else and that BF and sleeping free becoming less of a challenge for everybody whose babes are already here.

LT 40+0 (!)

LightTripper Sun 20-Apr-14 08:17:24

Congratulations Misty! And welcome to the outside world Emily!

Sorry the BF is still a hard slog. It's been useful info for me - forewarned is forearmed I guess - so thanks for sharing!

Never, I saw your story on the other thread, what a horrible thing to happen. It is just a huge thing to start to get your head around, don't rush and be patient with yourself won't you? We are all thinking of you xxxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.