Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2014 Thread 4 - We're almost in Trimester 3!

(1000 Posts)
LeeHandy Wed 04-Dec-13 20:26:51

Here's to fantastic 20 week scans, feeling baby move and other exciting milestones and best of all, the end of sickness!

Vikkijayne2507 Sun 08-Dec-13 17:32:49

glad scans went well all. I had a baby shower yesterday as im leaving uk at end of month we had a right laugh playing games eating cake and drinking non alcoholic wine I haven't had any wine since found out pregnant and it felt naughty got a few little gifts a nappy cake no actual cake just real nappies in a cake shape. a cute dinosaur onesie baby bath stuff and played very silly games like bottle bowling dummy bobbing design a baby grow pin the dummy on the baby etc. my best friend is so awesome

Misty9 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:21:03

Hi all, glad scans are going well. My SPD has really ramped up in the last couple of days and it now hurts to drive as well as walk sad laid up on the sofa while my amazing dh does most of childcare/house jobs. Good job I finish work after Christmas, though not sure how I'll run around after 2.3yo ds instead... Pregnancy and my body really don't get on!

Misty9 Mon 09-Dec-13 19:21:31

Argh, forgot as usual - 22+3

LightTripper Tue 10-Dec-13 07:53:35

Aaahhhh! Saw the physio yesterday and she tried massaging a different place, as I hadn't had any relief from last week's attempt. Quite uncomfortable (I was very knotted), but this morning I woke up with my alarm, instead of at 5am in pain, for the first time since I put my back out. Soooo nice! Baby light seems quite dancey this morning, so I like to think she is pleased too smile

LightTripper Tue 10-Dec-13 07:55:41

Sorry about your SPD Misty. From what I've read it sounds like taking it easy is definitely the right thing, glad your DH is being a superstar!

Vikkijayne2507 Tue 10-Dec-13 08:30:17

aww misty I really feel for you sounds horrible

bundaberg Tue 10-Dec-13 08:37:23

misty poor you sad

it's such hard work when you have other kids to look after too, I think mine had a LOT of tv time in my last trimester with my previous 2 pregnancies lol, not that they were complaining!

I also had a lovely childless friend who would come over and take them to the park for an hour while I napped. She's so inconsiderate now and has had a little girl of her own though and is pg with number 2, so not an option this time wink

I have said that I'm definitely not doing this again. I'd forgotten how hard it is on my body and I'm feeling super old lol

LightTripper Tue 10-Dec-13 09:10:17

My MIL says being pregnant is good practice for being old!

Cannotbelieveit Tue 10-Dec-13 16:15:44

Just checking in ladies! Being back at work is so tiring!

Think I will finish for mat leave the earliest we are allowed to!

20+3 grin

Trinpy Tue 10-Dec-13 16:29:41

Hi misty. I have spd too. Did you have it in your last pregnancy? How did you cope?

I'm still signed off sick with it but being able to rest lots and doing the exercises has made a huge difference. I was told by occ health last week that they didn't want me returning to work, but now they think I can return next week but on light duties/reduced hours. Atm I can't walk for more than 15mins on a good day so god only knows how that's going to happen! I can't stop crying for days now, worrying about work worrying about the pain, etc.

And still 4 months to go! sad

23+4

Trinpy Tue 10-Dec-13 16:37:20

Btw, sorry for being so miserable today. I'm tired and just feel like a big drain on everyone now. I had to wake up dh last night just to ask him to help turn me over onto my other side ffs, because my pelvis had seized up and it was too heavy and painful for me to turn on my own.

ParsonsPig Tue 10-Dec-13 20:32:21

Hello everyone ... I've been lurking around for a while and thought I would delurk to offer sympathy for Trinpy. I have rheumatoid arthritis which is crappy at the best of times, but have had to be off meds while pregnant and trying to control it with steroids and paracetamol!!! I imagine the intense pain you're going through is just as draining and gets you down. Hope everyone is doing well and doesn't mind me delurking (21 +3).

Misty9 Tue 10-Dec-13 22:06:13

Hi Parsons, and sorry to hear that trinpy, definitely sounds worse than mine has been so far. Yes had it with first pregnancy but didn't get really bad until last few weeks. I do remember it ruining my first night with ds as I couldn't move off the bed to change him! As for coping, do as little as possible and taking painkillers if really bad. Rubbish tho isn't it sad

LeeHandy Tue 10-Dec-13 22:10:25

sorry to hear about your spd misty, trinpy and your arthritis parsons. sending lots of biscuit and brew your way.
I hope your symptoms improve!

LightTripper Tue 10-Dec-13 22:38:08

Just wanted to second the biscuit and cake. Sounds awful. I hope work have a bit of a reality check. I know it's easier said than done, but don't let them push you into doing so much it makes it worse.

Hugs, LT.

Trinpy Wed 11-Dec-13 16:22:58

Thanks for being so nice everyone! Feeling much more positive about it all today.

Sounds like we're all suffering a bit at the moment. Roll on April!!

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and never had chicken pox before. Neither have I been vaccinated against it. One of my colleagues son has caught it and the said colleague works in my team. Are there significant chances of me catching it through him?

Misty9 Wed 11-Dec-13 23:34:35

Not sure princess, best ask your midwife. Glad you had better day trinpy. I had day of screaming tantrums with my beloved child wanting to be carried and not understanding that mummy's pelvis may just disintegrate under such strain!
God knows how I'm going to cope when I'm heavily pregnant with the world's laziest toddler around.. Help!
22+5

BeansAndCheese Thu 12-Dec-13 08:52:54

Princess, The gp mentioned needing an injection to me when they suspected my dd may have it (she didn't), but I've already had chicken pox so didn't need to worry.Maybe ring midwife or go to check?
23+6

Trinpy Thu 12-Dec-13 13:45:00

Oh no misty, that doesn't sound much fun! At least if dc gets used to not being carried now it will be less of a shock when the baby comes along and wants to be carried too!

I saw the women's health physio today who basically told me to do the exact opposite of what the occ health physio said hmm . So I'm on complete bedrest now until my next appointment on Monday.

23+6

BunnyBump1 Fri 13-Dec-13 06:40:09

LeeHandy, I had the same problem and was not getting any sleep at all. I started sleeping very early to get some much wanted sleep. Also avoid drinking too much water after 6-7 PM. I feel much better since couple of weeks now 25 Weeks

mamapants Sat 14-Dec-13 10:21:01

princess if you go to midwife they'll be able to test your blood for chicken pox antibodies. Although I never had cp or vaccination I did have antibodies. So maybe had it so mild I didn't even notice. But if you don't have any they can give you an injection. Although I really wouldn't think you were likely to catch it via your colleague unless he has caught it too.

Have my scan on Monday.
And work xmas party tonight. Nearly thought I couldn't go as DP mistakenly agreed to work tonight and I had no one else to watch DS but he's managed to find some cover at last minute. Was feeling very sorry for myself last night when I thought I couldn't go.

Vikkijayne2507 Sat 14-Dec-13 13:05:39

I couldnt sleep last night when I did I woke up in excruciating muscle spasms in my leg. Ive noticed my legs are slightly swollen, not sure if I should just try and keep moving (blood flow) and then keep them elevated. I have good blood pressure so im guessing its water retention or something. My leg muscle just (calves) still feel a bit sore from last night it was so painful though. My sleep is so messed up I was in bed til 10.30 and had to get up to collect my car from garage or I would have stayed sleeping

LeeHandy Sun 15-Dec-13 10:04:03

bunny I usually wake up really thirsty in the middle of the night as well, despite drinking a lot of water.
I have started sleeping with a pillow between my legs and it's making a difference in how comfortable I am. I don't understand the reason why, but previously I used to wake up with my legs sore and achy and now it's hardly noticeable at all. vikki maybe that will help you as well.
we have been stroller browsing the last couple of weekends and now I am even more convinced that I shouldn't spend a ton of money on a pushchair that will be used only for about 2 years.
I really like the uppababy Cruz and Vista. we also liked the baby jogger city mini. we plan to go to mamas and papas and kiddicare as well before making a final decision.
my maternity leave is all booked in with my HR and it's only 3 months away!!
24+5

Imnotsurehowtogetthisout Sun 15-Dec-13 11:33:21

Hi leehandy I am handing my HR forms in this week. Can I ask when you stated you wanted to start maternity leave? I was thinking of putting the due date as the intended date of leave, knowing I would leave before then. I thought it would be easier to start earlier leave than I stated, whereas if I feel good and want to carry on they might not allow me.

Any advice appreciated.

24+0

This thread is not accepting new messages.