Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2014 Thread 4 - We're almost in Trimester 3!

(1000 Posts)
LeeHandy Wed 04-Dec-13 20:26:51

Here's to fantastic 20 week scans, feeling baby move and other exciting milestones and best of all, the end of sickness!

prettyinpink90 Wed 04-Dec-13 21:09:04

Marking my place smile

20+5

Imnotsurehowtogetthisout Wed 04-Dec-13 21:24:49

I'm here too smile.
My nausea is slowly getting better, just a bit in the evening and after breakfast. Had my first consultant appt this week due to a cyst but just really said they will keep an eye on it and scan again at 30 ish weeks. Don't think it has moved me out of low risk but didn't really ask that. Feeling baby move quite a lot now which is nice.
Hope everyone else is ok.
22+3

Cannotbelieveit Wed 04-Dec-13 23:07:24

Marking my place too! Scan tomorrow at 11.10am

catameringue Thu 05-Dec-13 06:45:55

Hello,

Nausea nearly all gone for me but vomiting heavily one day every 2 weeks. Causing pressure on my job but my manager has cut my workload a little.

Food smells more normal and I can go to the shops or stand in the kitchen without it smelling like a rubbish tip.

BeansAndCheese Thu 05-Dec-13 07:55:20

I am having trouble sleeping too. I think this is more because I have a number of things going on at the minute. Dh, who has been unwell but was getting much better , has had a relapse. Got some hip and back pain which got really bad yesterday after a exercise class. I have to give up the classes now, which is sad because they make me feel better generally. Was on for a good nights sleep last night, until dd kicked her quilt off and I had to go wrap her up. I shouldn't moan, but I'm knackered this morning.

22+6

Vikkijayne2507 Thu 05-Dec-13 08:07:58

Im here still smile my sleep has gone to sh+t. I find it hard to doze off and mornings are horredous and it doesnt help im waking in the night to use the loo, It almost feels like my body is trying to prepare me for the sleepness nights to come.

Ooo good luck with your scan cannot very exciting. I am glad in portugal they have 3 normal scans rather than our 2 so im hoping they will do another scan when I get there just as I want to see baby when hes a bit bigger smile

badfurday Thu 05-Dec-13 10:02:46

LeeHandy - Im completely with you on the sleeping thing (your last post previous thread) I seem to sleep from 10 - 2 fine and then wide awake for 1-2 hours then when my alarm goes off all I want to do is sleep! For me its not being able to get comfy, I'd love to sleep on my tummy but it hurts. Im really thinking about buying one of those overly priced long pillow things. And if one more persons says " its preparing you for a new born" I will swing for them. Grrrr.

Trinpy Thu 05-Dec-13 15:27:26

Sorry to hear everyones so sick/tired/miserable. I'm seriously considering deleting the pregnancy app on my phone if I tells me one more time that I'm 'probably feeling pretty good by now'. Lovely to see 3rd trimester in the thread title though - means it's nearly over grin .

Hope the scan went well today, cannot.

22+6

LeeHandy Thu 05-Dec-13 21:58:58

Trinpy We are more than half way there! smile My bump is growing everyday and I'm getting a little concerned about maternity clothes and having to buy more stuff!

I hope your scan went well, Cannot!

LightTripper Thu 05-Dec-13 22:40:14

Just checking in to the new thread! 20 week scan first thing. Wish me luck!

LT xx

bundaberg Thu 05-Dec-13 22:48:20

Hi all! lovely new thread :-D

had my scan today and we're expecting... drumroll...... a boy!

so... 4 little boys grin i'm so excited

19+4 today. 20 week scan next Thursday! smile

prettyinpink90 Fri 06-Dec-13 09:13:13

Good luck with your scan today light smile

My bump seems to have popped out all of a sudden, although I probably still look more 'too much cake cake' than pregnant.

Have been feeling movement but she's been a tad quiet the past few days. Trying not to worry myself too much as know they are still small enough to hide.

21 weeks today!

badfurday Fri 06-Dec-13 11:25:18

23 weeks today and its my birthday, hurrah, but stuck at work and husband working tonight and all weekend.

Trinpy Fri 06-Dec-13 12:11:21

Happy Birthday badfurday!!!!!! thanks thanks thanks

Congratulations on finding out you're having a boy bunda.

Light - hope your scan went well!!!

I'm also 23 weeks today and counting down every minute wink .

springfling Fri 06-Dec-13 16:52:56

Hi everyone, just saying hello!
23 + 3

LeeHandy Fri 06-Dec-13 18:17:54

happy birthday badfurday!! let me know if the pillow works, I tried a regular pillow for a couple of days and it did feel more comfortable to sleep but it got in the way and I found it quite annoying.
my most comfortable position to sleep is on my back but my bump is big enough to stop circulation so a couple of times have woken up in the night with pins and needles and stiffness.
hope your scan went well light! congratulations on the boy bunda! the blue streak continues! grin

wendle70 Fri 06-Dec-13 18:57:38

Hope the scans went well cannot , moomin and light..marking my place too. Bought my first thing for the baby today - the cutest stripy babygro. I keep looking at the feet on it...so cute!!
I too am waking up once in the night for the loo but have done pretty much from the start. Urgh. Also uncomfortable sleeping - my back is best too but then I get worried about circulation...had a complete freak out yesterday after I ate some home made lemon tart on day 4 in the fridge. Happy birthday badfurday! Hi springfling!

Ps pretty my bump has totally popped out in the last fortnight. I think I have put on a bit more than I should..I googled it. I have put on 12 pounds and am 20 weeks. It's juuust about OK but on the high side. Reading some forums, some women at this stage have just put on 4 pounds or so....??! Also got myself into a paddy about stretchmarks which apparently appear after week 28/32...but there's nowt you can really do (although am optimistically trying the cocoa butter).

Have lovely weekends ladies

Cannotbelieveit Fri 06-Dec-13 19:43:02

Scan was ace yesterday and little man was still a little man flashing his bits at us!!!

grin 19+6

LightTripper Sat 07-Dec-13 08:35:15

Hello everyone! Scan was lovely. Had a different sonographer to last time but equally fab. Does anybody else really want to do a career change and become a sonographer now?!?

Anyway, was amazed by the detail! She all seems to be present and correct as far as they can tell and they were happy with all the measurements. To begin with she was basically doing the plough, with her feet right over her head! Had to go for a coffee in the middle to encourage her to move around so the sonographer could see her spine and kidneys better. Came back after 20 minutes and she was in exactly the same position. Either a bit stubborn (like me) or very good at sleeping through a commotion (also like me)! Anyway, luckily when the sonographer started to probe again she did move just in the nick of time!

Am meeting some school friends today, most of whom I haven't seen so don't know my news. Already made one cry (I am the last of my school friends to have kids by a long way, so I suspect some of them thought I would never get there smile), and am quite looking forward to telling the others who don't know. Probably my last chance to surprise people with my news!!!

Hope you all have lovely weekends.

LT xx

Trinpy Sat 07-Dec-13 14:33:41

Glad to hear the scans went well Cannot and Light! Even if baby Light was being a bit stubborn!

Everytime I go for a scan I think I would love to be a sonographer and then remember all the not so amazing parts, like finding abnormalities or the non baby-related scans. Plus the pressure to not miss something or get the sex wrong!

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

23+1

LightTripper Sun 08-Dec-13 08:58:03

Yes that's true, I'm sure sonography is difficult emotionally as well as technically. But if you are kind you can make such a difference to people, even if they are having a terrible time. When my sister had her mmc I know the kindness of the sonographer was something she really valued.

Certainly makes my job look a bit pointless, at the very least!

LT 20+4 (more than half way, woo hoo!)

BlessedAssurance Sun 08-Dec-13 11:48:48

Just checking in to the new thread. Lee I am having trouble sleeping as well. Normally around the same time as you. But in my case it might be because after standing for 7hrs at work when I am home i take to my bed at 7.30pm[embarrassed] Hope you will soon be getting more and much needed sleep.
Congratulations to you all who have been to their skins and hey how to our babies kicking the daylights out of us. I am just fed up with the pregnancy jokes and the name calling from my workplace. They think it's funny and I play along with them but not so into it.
Now considering career move and become a sonographergrin

BlessedAssurance Sun 08-Dec-13 11:51:24

Damn you Ipad. To all who have been to their appointments for skan not skin

This thread is not accepting new messages.