Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

THREAD 13 Jan 2014 - Grab those bags, we're nearing the top of that rollercoaster!

(1000 Posts)
Toothfairy78 Wed 04-Dec-13 15:38:08

OK I caved. Here's thread 13!

flyawayblue Wed 18-Dec-13 08:07:53

Congratulations curly brilliant weight and lovely name smile

Will do more of a catch up later went more awake and not feeling sick.

quackojuliet Wed 18-Dec-13 08:40:31

Congratulations curly what a lovely name. Hope they sort you out quickly so you can spend more time with gorgeous james

TarkaTheOtter Wed 18-Dec-13 08:54:08

Congratulations curly!!

What a great end to the thread!

Congratulations Curly!

enormouse Wed 18-Dec-13 09:03:54

Oh congratulations curly and Mr Curly. Welcome to the world James.
A lovely end to this thread.

Percypiglet Wed 18-Dec-13 09:11:26

Huge congratulations to Curly and your dh. A lovely bouncing baby boy. Hope he's out of special care soon and that your bp comes down and you can both go home and start the fun and games! x

Spacefrog35 Wed 18-Dec-13 09:34:01

Fantastic news Curly. Hope James continues to make good progress. Make sure you & Mr Curly look after yourselves thanks

Fingers crossed for you another & hope everyone else suffering is feeling better soon.

BookTart Wed 18-Dec-13 09:47:04

Congratulations curly! What a lovely name too. I hope you are getting some rest and that you're all home together soon.

Hope you get some breakfast soon another.

curly! Fantastic news! Huge congratulations to you, and welcome James! Hope you're not too sore, and that all the stress has been worth it to meet your beautiful son. Delighted that GD has gone - cupcakes to celebrate?
Cannot wait to see pictures (but aware you may have one or two other things to do grin

another hope you get to go back to the ward soon and eat. Being hungry and pregnant is NOT fun.

toby ancient Egyptian remedy for a burn is crocodile dung and honey. I could swing by London Zoo laterz if you like...?

We're off to see Book of Mormon today, so looking forward to it - this is part of our 'do everything we probably won't do for the next year in a fortnight' plan. Hobbit at the cinema next, and a fancy meal out.

Mythreeknights Wed 18-Dec-13 10:03:13

Massive congratulations Curly (and great name too - my DS1 is called James!) Really hope he gets out of NICU soon and you can have normal baby cuddles. I'm 35+6 today so have been really crossing my fingers for you but 6lb6 sounds like a seriously good weight.

I 'slept' like poo last night - had about 3 hours before needing a wee, then about 1 hr before my James woke up thinking he'd wet the bed (he hadn't) but then couldn't sleep until DHs alarm went off at 7am.

But it's my LAST dad of work today so all good. Extra, bad luck on the UTI and hope you're not feeling too bad.

I've also had sticky white discharge but not itchy or thrushy - just revving up a bit, so watching with interest what happens to the rest of you dischargy people...!

puggle01 Wed 18-Dec-13 10:14:11

Hurray curly -congrats!
Sore BH's last night and just had to head home from a dogwalk with Mama Puggle who's visiting supervising and limiting physical exertion due to more BHs. Hopefully more water and a sit down will sort them out....

Sultanajo Wed 18-Dec-13 10:34:00

Yay curly! Huge congratulations! So happy for you. Hope you little man is back in your arms very soon! Woop woop!

Toby unicorn spit! That's hilarious! Your leg...not so much. Really feeling for you. Hope the nurse finds some magic dust to sprinkle on it today....

choco feeling for you too. Hope the consultant appointment goes ok and you don't have as much hanging around to do as you expect....

another poor you not only back on a monitor but unable to eat! Arghhh!

Sounds as though a lot of us had sucky nights laast night. I had a fab night the night before, but last night was ridiculous. Lots of heartburn, BH, cute wriggles from bubs and just the general inability to get comfy! Everything was itching again last night which made it impossible to keep myself still.

Gonna make a fruit salad today as have been snacking on crap the last few weeks which isn't good!

Naturegirl82 Wed 18-Dec-13 10:44:07

Congratulations curly. Bet you are super pleased.

Toby hope they can offer something better for your leg.

extra shame about the sweep but fx things start of their own accord.

And that's as much as I can remember, sorry to everyone I've missed.

36week midwife appointment for me today. Rest of the day just tidying and sorting. Took car into garage earlier so hopefully they can get rid of the scratch. And popping back to the hospital tonight to hopefully look round the labour suite. Busy day and I'm shattered and coming down with another cold and sore throat sad

Mythreeknights Wed 18-Dec-13 12:14:36

Ladies, a quickie...

My community midwife only does Wednesday appts. Next Weds and the Weds following the surgery is closed and the following weds, when I'll be 39 weeks, her clinic is fully booked. AIBU to think this is a bit ridiculous as I'm likely to have this baby without a further check (does it really matter anyhow??)

I've also just requested a home birth kit to be delivered ASAP just in case we can't get to the hospital in time...am convinced the stupid mw is going to call and try to put me off - it's not like I WANT a home birth particularly, I just don't want not to be prepared and to live with the guilt for evermore. (3rd child, expecting a fairly quick delivery - 45 mins from hospital, baby due when it's likely to be quite snowy...)

Anyone else anxious about actually getting to hospital? Or about not seeing their Mw? FWIW, I've only met her ONCE throughout this entire pg.

BookTart Wed 18-Dec-13 12:20:05

I think that's a bit rubbish mythree. My next appointment was due on Boxing Day, but she's seeing me on Christmas Eve instead. Could you ask to see a different midwife? Or maybe be seen at the hospital?

Mythreeknights Wed 18-Dec-13 12:25:18

I'm pleased for you book - that is good that you can be seen. I'm just wondering how everyone is faring given we are all in the same boat with Xmas/NY closing a lot of practices down. I may try calling the hospital to see what they think...good idea smile

TarkaTheOtter Wed 18-Dec-13 12:34:46

mythree can you contact your midwife directly? My midwife's clinic at the dr's surgery is often fully booked so she fits me in during her office hours at the community hospital instead.

quackojuliet Wed 18-Dec-13 12:51:35

mythree i've had the same issue so booked an appointment at the hospital for 38 week check instead - is that an option for you?

TobyLerone Wed 18-Dec-13 13:08:18

That sucks, mythree. Stupid Christmas!

Crocodile dung would be great thanks, humpty grin

Apparently they don't really put anything much on burns, especially when they're this bad/large. Just gauze and dressings to keep it clean. The nurse today said 6 weeks recovery. So that's nice hmm

Right. Back to painting.

OnlyThePurpleOnes Wed 18-Dec-13 13:11:18

Hurrah!! Congrats, curly! Brilliant weight there too. DD was only 6.9 at 39 weeks. Fingers crossed he is back with you soon, and hoping you bounce back from the section nice and quickly too.

GummiBear74 Wed 18-Dec-13 13:16:56

That's utterly crap, mythree. My MW also normally does Wednesdays, but it's moving to Mondays for the next 2 weeks, so I'll see her on the 30th. I asked her about it weeks ago, because I didn't know what would happen. Can't believe they'd just not see you at all shock

Sultanajo Wed 18-Dec-13 15:51:15

mythree that's bollocks! Would definitely call the hospital. My midwife is seeing me Xmas eve at the hospital at 39 + 4. Grrr! Hope you get things sorted.

Oh Toby 6 weeks is a long time! What a fecker! Have you got anyone who can go to Pinkberry for you for emergency supplies?

Well I am truly amazed! Just been out shopping (possibly the last time I do given the painful waddling that went on) and not one, but TWO blokes moved out of my way! Am clearly looking very preggers now! The first guy couldn't have been more than 22 and looked positively scared when he saw me moving towards him! Lol! The second was an older gent who massively apologised after we did that awkward "both move one way and then both move the other" polite dance!

Bump has definitely dropped as I can no longer sit comfortably with legs at a right angle to me, as bump gets squished by the tops of my thighs! Sitting on the toilet is annoying now, have had to finally admit defeat when it comes to trying to have a bath and I also cant comfortably sit with my legs up on the sofa. Am really hoping this all means bubs is getting ready to make his grand entrance...!

Sultanajo Wed 18-Dec-13 15:54:37

Using....

Sultanajo Wed 18-Dec-13 15:54:57

Up the....

Sultanajo Wed 18-Dec-13 15:55:16

Thread....

This thread is not accepting new messages.