Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

THREAD 13 Jan 2014 - Grab those bags, we're nearing the top of that rollercoaster!

(1000 Posts)
Toothfairy78 Wed 04-Dec-13 15:38:08

OK I caved. Here's thread 13!

Yey! Congrats Mythree and toby smile

Felix90 Wed 04-Dec-13 15:49:53

Woop! smile

Naturegirl82 Wed 04-Dec-13 15:51:13

Quick check in

Also mythree such fab news smile

MrsVDB Wed 04-Dec-13 15:56:09

Thanks tooth

Yay for all the positive news today. I'm also feeling alot more positive today. Thank you for all advice yesterday. I've realised it won't really be possible for me to finish early given that my handover runs from 12th-18th then Christmas party 19th and 'wfh' on 20th so I will just man up and get on with it

I wonder how many babies will be born on this thread?? It's shocking how quickly the last 30 weeks have gone since we've been chatting!

Frizz1986 Wed 04-Dec-13 15:56:23

Thanks tooth

Yay mythree. Will proper catch up later but just had to quick scroll read as am still at work.

Midwife seemed rather vague tbh. Said that if there is dampness and it is clear fluid then call the delivery suite. But I can't really tell. I have a liner on but it doesn't seem wet, yet there is an outline on it like when you spill something and it dries. It's proper confusing. Not sure if it is pee or increased discharge or what. She didn't seem to bothered by BH but said that if they get painful to again call delivery suite. She did say that if I was worried I could call the day unit at the hospital as they should see me at this late stage to double check.

BH are still there. Seem less regular than this morning but still quite a few each hour. Dh said he will run me a bath tonight and we can see if it settles. If not I might see if the unit will see me to double check tomorrow (don't want to call delivery unless I know it's labour which I don't think it is, just me being paranoid) Don't want to be a worry wart but don't want to miss something important.

TobyLerone Wed 04-Dec-13 16:02:22

Well done, tooth! I saw we were on 999 but didn't want to use the last post up asking if I should do a new thread or if anyone else was doing it. Didn't want there to be an awkward duplicate thread grin

mythree, that's brilliant news! What a relief for you!

Hope it settles down, frizz.

puggle01 Wed 04-Dec-13 17:08:14

Oooooh wonder how many babies will be here before we get this thread full.
Hurray for all the good news. I'm most in awe of all of you home birthers. [doffs hat emoticon]

chocoloulou33 Wed 04-Dec-13 17:30:22

toby omg I think I did see you. Did u have to make another appointment with receptionist and they gave u one after your due date? Was u wearing glasses? I'm such a people watcher lol. Prob not you at all but do remember a red head haha x

flowersfortea Wed 04-Dec-13 17:35:42

checking in :-)

I'm 'only' 33 weeks - can't believe how fast it's going and that many of you are nearly due!

trying to catch up on the last thread, hoping those who are poorly are all beginning to feel better and that irritating friends of husbands start to behave themselves soon!

Mil has taken ds for the afternoon. So dh and i went to see Thor 2, then bought some dummies for the new one. We have sorted the baby's room and put up the cot, sorted ds's toys and put some in the loft, and now on the verge of collapsing.

we had some duvet time, but kept laughing. It's hard being intimate when you look like a whale smile

I'm getting "you've overdone it" vibes from my body so am taking it easy. Even though dh put up the cot and i directed. Same with the toys really. Bh have stepped up a notch too. Ds will be back soon and I'm already ready for bed.

Mil has taken ds for the afternoon. So dh and i went to see Thor 2, then bought some dummies for the new one. We have sorted the baby's room and put up the cot, sorted ds's toys and put some in the loft, and now on the verge of collapsing.

we had some duvet time, but kept laughing. It's hard being intimate when you look like a whale smile

I'm getting "you've overdone it" vibes from my body so am taking it easy. Even though dh put up the cot and i directed. Same with the toys really. Bh have stepped up a notch too. Ds will be back soon and I'm already ready for bed.

Stupid double post! It didn't say it had posted. I'm using dh's phone

TobyLerone Wed 04-Dec-13 17:52:14

Omg that was me, loulou! How funny grin I sent DH to get my number from the blood thing because I knew I'd be there ages too. So I had a right mardy face on. And no make-up! And I was boiling hot. And I had my hair in a stupid ponytail.

Why do I always look like crap when people are stalking me?! blush wink

Sounds like a fun afternoon frying grin

enormouse Wed 04-Dec-13 17:55:26

Wonderful news mythree fsmile

Enormouse checking in.

flowers I'm 'only' 33wks too. Everything seems to have flown by so ridiculously quickly. So hard to believe that just a month after Christmas were going to be a family of 4 instead of 3.

I had my lovely midwife round today and she's advised me to start taking it easier. Which I will, after I've finished the last of the Christmas shopping tomorrow. But DP has taken DS out so I'm relaxing whilst dinner cooks.

Checking in grin

Mythree SO pleased to hear your news, that fantastic! Weight off your mind, I'm sure?!

tooth good work on the thread, but I have a request: please can we talk FAST and a LOT, as 13 is unlucky and we can't have an unlucky thread running if we're all about to go into labour.
I can help with this grin (talking a lot)

altered sounds like you need a hug, you poor love. Hope you start to feel brighter soon.

felix I can't see how induction can always be a bad thing (newbie face), otherwise they wouldn't do it as much, or there'd be more resistance to having it done, IYSWIM.

Okay, ideas for filling this thread quickly.
Let's have a run down of who's due/due to be induced/ELCS booked on what date.
I'll go first, I am still EDD 3 Jan 2014.

TobyLerone Wed 04-Dec-13 18:07:02

EDD 5th Jan.

If my last 2 pregnancies are anything to go by, it'll be more like 20th Jan!

AnotherStitchInTime Wed 04-Dec-13 18:08:38

Checking in too, sorry to worry you.

Been a bit hectic in here as all my long stay friends have been giving birth to preemies!

Finally got my own room yesterday. Phone signal crap and waiting for my tablet to come back from home so I can properly catch up.

Will go and read what I can on my phone then come back to post again.

Hugs and xxx to you all smile

Edd 16 Jan. Ds came a week early, so I'm hoping for the best

Felix90 Wed 04-Dec-13 18:10:04

Humpty I'm sure it will fill up fast when everyone is on maternity leave and we have nothing better to do haha!

My EDD is 8th Jan 2014, but will either be induced at 37 weeks (18th Dec onwards) or 38 weeks (Christmas Day onwards!) shock

puggle01 Wed 04-Dec-13 18:11:24

EDD 4th Jan 2014 and lovely consultant says she doesn't want me going over so would get induction going at term...
(which means in a month I'll be bribing anaesthetists for epidurals and roaring like a banshee calmly following birthskills and physio advice and coping well

TobyLerone Wed 04-Dec-13 18:12:09

Great news, another, getting your own room smile
Well... relatively speaking, of course.

quackojuliet Wed 04-Dec-13 18:18:02

Edd still 10 Jan.
Can't remember who said they were bored 3 days into mat leave...well since mine has (unofficially) started I've gone from bored to quite enjoying the free time! Made lists of various to-dos about the house and in prep for baby,and been fairly social,antenatal groups,breastfeeding meet today (fab!), etc...
I've been away from work just over a week and it's the transition from working woman to mum to be very shortly that can be a shock.
Glad I didn't work til 37 weeks as planned too. My job is just too full on and physical with no chance to rest,constant noise and unexpected stress throughout the day (am a secondary school teacher).

BookTart Wed 04-Dec-13 18:18:19

EDD 6th Jan. No idea what will happen though, no birth plan or packed hospital bags yet [in denial smiley].

chocoloulou33 Wed 04-Dec-13 18:38:22

Haha toby how funny. Yes I remember you definitely. U then went over to sit with your oh in bloods waiting room. I am your official stalker. U didnt look like crap lol.

I had scan today and baby is fine and good news is hes turned and head is down. They estimate his weight at 5lb 11oz. Bad news is my kidneys!!! Left one still has the large stone. Right one has small stones and is dilated and not functioning properly but baby is blocking the view of everything they need to see. They still want to wait til after ive had baby to do anything about kidneys. My water infection pain is horrific today though and I begged them to do something. They talked about admitting me but I asked to try some stronger antibiotics first then promised I'd come in if it doesn't get better. If I have another appointment in 2 weeks to see whats happening and how I'm feeling and go from there.
Gonna catch up on rest of you now. Ps new thread already wooooop.

This thread is not accepting new messages.