Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 - We've got big bumps and we cannot lie...

(1000 Posts)
DawnOfTheDee Fri 29-Nov-13 19:44:41

You other mothers can't deny,
When a girl walks in with an ever expanding waist
And a round thing in your face
You....'d better give her some cake....

etc, etc,

New thread! Enjoy!

lastnightopenedmyeyes Sat 30-Nov-13 07:19:40

Checking in. Prudishly pleased about thread title gringrin

Somanychanges Sat 30-Nov-13 07:32:53

Marking my place too. Morning all, it's Saturday my DH and DC are still fast asleep and its still dark outside so why am I wide awake?

Might be the excitement of my baby shower later grin

The movie we watched last night had DH and I in stitches. It was called 'This is 40', about a couple who are both turning 40 in the same week, they have 2 daughters aged 13 and maybe 8ish. It was so funny and I don't think I have sat down and watched a movie in months. Was also nice to have some time with DH.

Does anyone else feel like they might squish the baby when DTD now? I was a bit worried yesterday as had to carry my DS to school as he hurt himself. He is 6 but as tall and heavy as an 8yr old. The only way I could manage was sitting him at the top of my bump. Then I spent the whole day worrying I may have hurt the baby. Then on top of that DH leaned on me a bit too much when we were cuddling pre DTD and all I could think of was that baby was getting squashed.

It didn't help that he hardly moved yesterday so I kept worrying I had damaged him. Anyway he is moving around now so I am sure he is fine.

barebranches Sat 30-Nov-13 07:55:43

haha somany constantly worried im going to squish the baby... even putting my just shoes on!!

re Dtd anyone found positions that are the best for non baby squishing!? sad wink

jazzcat28 Sat 30-Nov-13 07:56:56

blush had a lovely pg vivid dream last night involving hot and steamy action with some bloke who looked like a cross between George Clooney and Jimmy Nesbit where we stopped mid flow so I could eat some apple pie and custard. Makes a change from the panic inducing nightmares!

lastnightopenedmyeyes Sat 30-Nov-13 08:07:32

DTD is a distant memory here sad not attempted for 3 months as I found it so uncomfortable and had painful BHs afterwards. envy

Champagnebubble Sat 30-Nov-13 08:30:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lastnightopenedmyeyes Sat 30-Nov-13 08:36:23

Seen so many people recommending H&M tights. I must have a dodgy pair confused

I am a very average size 10 5ft4 so I bought them in medium. Even at full stretch it's impossible to get them over my bottom (let alone bump). They are so short in the leg!!

Thingymajigs Sat 30-Nov-13 08:41:01

Very jealous of your dreams. Mine largely involve zombies last night.
We don't fully dtd anymore. Not after a scary bleeding incident but dtd is not the only way to stay intimate so I don't feel too deprived.
I've just been reading the December thread. There are posters in labour, discussing stretch marks, latching and induction. We will all be doing that in a few weeks! When I guess dtd will only be discussed as a method to bring on labour or cursing that we ever did it in the first place to be in this position.

DawnOfTheDee Sat 30-Nov-13 08:43:23

Really sorry blush I must've missed the bit on the last thread about this one having dildos. I promise the next one will have lashings of dildos...i'll even chuck in some love eggs too....

notoneforselfies Sat 30-Nov-13 09:00:42

Bare I recommend lying on left side with right knee to chest (sort of recovery position) and a pillow under the left/bottom hip. Sort of semi-doggy. I'm off bury my bright red face in a pillow for a while now. blush

Champagnebubble Sat 30-Nov-13 09:10:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Unplastered Sat 30-Nov-13 09:15:29

I've found Boots maternity rights really good. They don't fall down, are long enough without reaching my chin and a nicer feel than some. Plus half price voucher in the boots parenting club pack (with the one for the changing bag).

camwombat Sat 30-Nov-13 09:18:19

urgh, after a relatively fab nights sleep we were woken by the postman at 7.20 this morning. suffice to say neither of us got up to answer the door. his card says he rang twice and knocked. fab, I still wasn't getting up, no parcel is that urgent! annoyingly because it's a Saturday it doesnt get dropped at our post office for collection.

making mental note to avoid h&m tights then, unless other tall folk recommend them.

notoneforselfies Sat 30-Nov-13 09:18:25

I like woolly tights and adore seraphine's bamboo tights and leggings.

EeyoreIsh Sat 30-Nov-13 09:48:19

I'm a tall bod and the only tights I've found so far that vaguely stay up are from Debenhams.

I'm staying at my parents, and I slept so well last night, I think it's the first time in months when I've slept through until 6. It might have been all the sherry my mum put in the pudding grin wine My sister also left lots of her maternity tops for me. They're small, but most of them just fit, so I'm really pleased to have them. I was really struggling with my only two decent maternity tops.

We've got a family lunch out today. I am totally having a steak. I'm am really craving one (and pork pies still!). mmmmmm steak smile

EeyoreIsh Sat 30-Nov-13 10:21:39

Oh dear. Sneezing, having a full bladder and being 30+6 is not a good combination blush I've had my first pelvic floor failure, and to make it worse, it was in front of DH blush blush blush

I'm now squeezing like a crazy woman.

I can't believe I thought I wouldn't need that sample of tena lady blush

Littleen Sat 30-Nov-13 10:48:52

I use non-maternity tights (el-cheapo from tesco) too like sunflowered smile works fine for me, just wear a big size and pull them up!

DTD - since getting bump, we normally use a 'wonky' spooning position, which is quite nice and cuddly! Or girl on top works too smile

Squashing baby - I am scared of that too, I bend over a lot to grab stuff etc and it's very uncomfortable! But don't know how else to do things!

jazzcat omg I want your dream! Hahaha

lastnight it might have changed now - I couldn't DTD at all in the first 4 months because of really painful cramps, but after that it's fine for some reason! Perhaps have a try on your own and see if it's gone away?

Eeyore and squeeze!! I'm sure you won't be the only one for the next few months, so everyone just remember to squeeze! I only remember when someone says it on here :P

CubanoHabana Sat 30-Nov-13 11:07:57

I'm so annoyed!

Was supposed to have whooping cough jab yesterday at mw, to be told I needed to get nurse to do it. Got appointment for 9.30 today (typically a day when i seemed to be able to manage a lie in), turned up and waited for 45 mins to be told they have lost the injection... Have to go back next week...

On top of that, hubby well annoyed that I have bought clothes bundle from eBay, not happy they are second hand! Told him that they go through them so fast they will have hardly been worn but he says that all his family are giving us loads so there was no point... I Said most would be in bigger size but he says no, they have all bought only newborn and I knew about it...

Grr!

sunflowered Sat 30-Nov-13 11:12:17

They all seem so matter of fact on the December thread - "so, I started having contractions this morning, got checked out at triage, and now I have a baby girl." "Oh yeah - me too, she's gorgeous." I apologise in advance for the complete outpouring of emotion and shock that's likely to come when I tell people the entire world that our bump has turned into a baby.

Re dtd I'm finding that me on top works well especially as it reduces the chance of feeling like I need to go to sleep half way through, which doesn't do much for dh's confidence... Or spooning as littleen said, but have to guide dh about where to put his hands - there are two very obvious places above the bump, and they are still totally off limits. Well, he tries, but it makes me leap into the next room.

We're out for a family lunch today and now you've mentioned it I'm going to be really disappointed if i can't have a pork pie!

After a couple of months of pain while trying to roll over to get out of bed facing fowards, have discovered a much simpler solution: climb out backwards... Doh. Now just need a way to get up off the floor every time I drop things about five times every bloody hour

marzipanned Sat 30-Nov-13 11:34:22

Ha jazz that dream sounds amazing. I particularly love the pause for pie and custard, inspired!

DTD - Same as Littleen - spooning, girl on top (well - not any more - I don't have the energy) or like missionary but with him kneeling up instead of lying on top of you. I make it sound like DH is getting a lot more action than he really is...

Tights for tallies - another here wearing non-maternity supermarket tights in a larger size (Sains in my case) with no issues. They are the woolly ones though, not sure whether the sheen-y ones would be as good.

Squashing baby - I don't worry about that, but yesterday a little boy poked me HARD in the bump. I did have a brief panic about him having poked the fontanel [shame] then remembered that lots of pregnant women are in car crashes etc and the babies are just fine.

Cubano how can they lose an injection? confused The mind boggles.

Off to read December thread now!

winterflowers Sat 30-Nov-13 12:09:03

Just read the December thread too, can't believe that is going to be us in terrifyingly no time at all!

Babies are so well padded and protected inside I think it would take a lot to really squish them. Plus it is so bloody uncomfortable bending over or doing any vague squashing am not sure we could even if we tried.

Hope you're all having lovely Saturday so far (cubano I don't know how they can misplace a vaccine!)

jazzcat28 Sat 30-Nov-13 12:09:16

Tights - I love Boots and M&S maternity but think you can only order them online.

Nursery drawers and wardrobe arrived today! Just waiting on Dad to refurb the cot and help us put up Pooh wallpaper and curtains in Jan then I will treat you all to a before and after pic.

Off to hang baby clothes in the wardrobe...

LittlePandaBear Sat 30-Nov-13 12:54:18

I almost bought the Boots tights today after seeing them in the shop - but they just had medium/large and I was worried they might fall down as I'm a shortie so will try to find the smaller size.

I just put in on facebook but I randomly saw Miss Kat in the car park at our local retail park and she was waiting to park in our space out of all of the spaces in the busy car park. I met her last week when she collected some of DD's baby clothes, and now she's stalking me! wink Stockport is still quite a big place and I never bump into anyone I know when I'm out unless I've arranged to meet them!

I've ordered some new glasses as a present from DH to me for Xmas. I have needed some new ones for a while now and they cost so much so never got round to it. Have picked some nice D&G ones but every pair I tried on DD was laughing hysterically like I was playing dress up! DH just said 'they all look the same' so I took advice from the optician. My family are useless!

I also had a shop assistant ask when I was due. I said in Feb. She said 'Blimey! Are you having twins?!'. Grrrr. Then she said I must be having a boy to be that big, well yes I am. This woman was probably bigger than me anyway and was too old to be pregnant. I don't have a small bump but it's the right size for the number of weeks I am so don't understand why people comment like that! Preggo rage.

I'm off for a date night with hubby tonight - a very rare occasion! DD is staying with my in laws and we're going for a meal out.

Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

CubanoHabana Sat 30-Nov-13 14:05:29

I did wonder about how to lose a batch of vaccines in a doctors!? It was the nurse practice manager who couldn't find it as well!

Bump wise, mw told me I had a very neat bump and must have very strong stomach muscle! Maybe about 10 years ago when I was a dancer and used to compete at figure skating but not now!

jazzcat28 Sat 30-Nov-13 15:24:47

Secret Santa present bought wrapped and packed for posting! Now trying to work out where to post from to cause maximum confusion to recipient...

This thread is not accepting new messages.