Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2013 - the one where we really just talk about kittens and deny the inevitable

(981 Posts)
LadyMedea Fri 29-Nov-13 02:13:09

Sorted grin

Mogz Fri 29-Nov-13 02:34:46

Righty, gonna check in early on this thread and try to keep up! I'm due on Monday but apart from constant pain in my back and down in pelvic bones like I'm keeping a wriggly bowling ball in there I've not got any signs of baby being nicely on time.
Congrats to Loki, hope you've got some sleep.
Wonder how the rest of you are doing!

Chelsealady Fri 29-Nov-13 03:59:14

Congrats Loki No news from so I think you may have won! No rest here been waking up all night if it makes you feel any better!!

Hope you get some rest!

Alyssa1978 Fri 29-Nov-13 04:17:15

On my way into hospital to get checked, 4 mins apart lasting for over a minute.

Think dilation ladies please.

froubylou Fri 29-Nov-13 04:46:12

Oh wow we have been busy tonight!

Loki massive congratulations. I hope you get let out soon so you can rest properly. What is the procedure over where you are?

Alyssa good luck hun. Hope you have a nice, easy apeedy delivery and are home in time for lunch lol.

Love the thread title lady!

itsliz Fri 29-Nov-13 05:02:44

Oh wow, that's fantastic news loki! Congratulations on such a speedy, straightforward delivery smile
Hope everything settles down on the ward for you soon so you an your lovely little girl can get some rest.

Same to you Dusty - hope you manage to get some rest tonight. You're in the best possible place though, glad to hear they're keeping an eye on you.

Welcome to the December thread, Mogz and MrsS!
Sounds like you're both as fed up as the rest of us are now, so you'll fit in well here! grin

And good luck Alyssa! Sending dilatory vibes your way!

Went to bed at 10pm and been wide awake since 3am. Took a wander into town yesterday in the hope of wearing myself out enough to get a decent sleep, but instead all I got was puffy hands, my heart pounding stupidly fast and ending up out of breath. Rubbish!

Also loving the thread title, Lady! I'm off to cheer myself up with thoughts of fluffy kittens, rainbows, glitter and unicorns...

Alyssa1978 Fri 29-Nov-13 06:11:55

I am 2cm cervix right at the front but I'm contracting thick and fast so they are leaving me for 2 hours and gonna che k again, if I've progressed then i stay if I'm still 2cm I can go home.

Ds1 is 3 tomorrow too grin

lisbapalea Fri 29-Nov-13 06:43:24

Wow congrats Loki - very impressed with your speed and lack of pain relief considering your little one wasn't so little!

Keep us posted Alyssa - sounds like it's your turn next and very efficient to have two DC's birthdays on the same day!

MrsS28 Fri 29-Nov-13 06:44:33

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Good luck Alyssa x

Featherbag Fri 29-Nov-13 07:13:56

Oh wow, sounds like I've missed a lot while I disappear into the haze that is bfing a newborn! Congratulations to those with new arrivals, and contracty vibes to those waiting!!

I think Ben and I are starting to get the hang of him being on the outside, and I'm loving having 2!!! Recovery from CS continues, I had a massive coughing fit with no warning 2 days ago and was convinced my insides were about to fall out. The wound's been extra sore since, laughing is excruciating which, with my funny little DS1, is not good!! I get to have a bath and soak the dressing off this morning though, really looking forward to getting that off.

Ben only woke once for a feed last night! I fed him at my bed time, then he woke in the early hours (4 hours later) and I've had to wake him 4 hours after that for another feed! He'd gained an ounce of his initial 9 ounce loss back when he was weighed yesterday, so we're obviously doing something right. I can't believe I've actually managed to keep this little scrap alive and healthy for a whole week using just my boobs!!! Off for nursing bras today, as those boobs have grown to an epic 36H and the stretchies are doing nothing for me!

Chilli81 Fri 29-Nov-13 07:15:40

congrats Loki thanks sounds like you did really well.
Alyssa hope things progress for you. welcome MrsS and any other newcomers (on phone so can't check).
I'm feeling a bit delayed. after getting
stronger contractions last night they have now turned more period period painy again, though still every 10-15 mins apart. I think I jinxed myself by putting my tens machine on. sad
anyway it is Alyssa's turn next so I guess I should wait my turn grin

Chilli81 Fri 29-Nov-13 07:17:37

stupid phone. should read deflated not delayed. angry

Stom91 Fri 29-Nov-13 07:27:19

Marking spot

Congratulations loki!!

daleybump had a beautiful lil boy at 2:40am this morning too smile so big congrats to her aswell

They're popping out left right and centre at the moment!! Lol

BetterWithCheese Fri 29-Nov-13 07:30:23

Feather I'm glad breast feeding is going well. I love Bravado nursing bras, the Bliss one in particular. It gives really good lift. I got one about 6 weeks in with DS and I think it made me look a stone lighter!

Good luck Alyssa! Am sending super-dilatory vibes.

Chilli sorry things have stopped. I read on the baby spinning website that sometimes contractions that stop are helping baby get into the right position and can be part of early labour, so maybe in next few days?

BetterWithCheese Fri 29-Nov-13 07:41:27

Ooh missed update congratulations Daley! You'd all better stick around when I'm overdue and giving birth in January.

I had 36 week appointment yesterday and all ok, baby 2/5 engaged. Also went to new job yesterday and I'm going to use up A/L and not really start job until after mat leave which is a relief. Still need to figure out my SMP/MA conundrum but feeling a bit more relaxed. Only three more days of work-woohoo!!!

Dusty04 Fri 29-Nov-13 07:42:10

Congratulations loki smile

Had the worse nights sleep in hospital, no screaming babies but buzzers going off and generally uncomfortable! At home I've never had hip pain from sleeping on my side, here it's been painful all night!

Still no sign of labour, but also still a bit of bleeding, so I guess we'll see what the doctor says at 10.. Baby wriggled all night so think he/she is ok in there!

I can't believe I only started back on the thread on Wednesday and ended up in here Thursday.. Let's hope this ones not cursed and babies arrive when we want them too! smile

Dusty04 Fri 29-Nov-13 07:43:47

better even given this scare in only 36+1 one so I think I'll still be hanging on in January with you!

Chilli81 Fri 29-Nov-13 08:13:12

Thanks better have been googling early labour and irregular contractions like crazy and they all seem to suggest that your body is doing stuff so then 'real' labour and pushing is shorter. I'm going with that of only coz it's helping me stay positive.
feather that's great news about bf. also think of all the extra cake you get to have! it's win win. grin

snowqu33n Fri 29-Nov-13 08:57:53

Lots of exciting news from everyone! Congratulations Loki and good luck Alyssa.
We found out today that although in Japan we can have only one forename, we can add a middle name when we register our baby in the UK! So now we can re-think the name again! We are talking about using my father's name for the middle name so baby has more connection with my family. Seems silly but I suddenly got really happy about this.

everythinghippie29 Fri 29-Nov-13 09:07:05

Congratulations ladies, so jealous!

39 weeks today and zero signs/ movement. Had my m/w appointment yesterday and cheeky man isn't engaged at all yet.

Another day maniacally bleaching the house interspersed with bobbing on the bouncy ball I guess...grin

violetbean Fri 29-Nov-13 09:07:31

So excited about the new babies! Congrats Daley! :-)

meandbumpy Fri 29-Nov-13 09:39:25

Congratulations Loki! Hope you managed some sleep and are on the way home soon.

Congratulations to Daley too!

Good luck Alyssa and Dusty, hope all is going well.

Welcome MrsS

Just popping in this morning to tell you that my MAT allowance application has been accepted I qualify for the full amount. Can't describe what a relief this is. It means we can afford to buy food (dps wages don't cover anything after rent and bills whilst we still have the mortgage to pay on the old house)
I really like food, it keeps you alive n stuff!! grin grin

Annnnnnnddd relax . . . ahhhhhhhhhhhh . . . . brew
Think I'm gonna cry i'm so relieved . . . yup here come the tears smile

Sorelip Fri 29-Nov-13 09:42:19

Hi everyone, Although I haven't been posting I've been lurking since the beginning, I think I posted once. I'm 36 + 5, and no sign of anything at all. I'm convinced I'll go very overdue again, but I hope not.

Congratulations to those that already have their little ones.

itsliz Fri 29-Nov-13 09:45:00

Oh meand that's great news! I know exactly how you feel as we literally couldn't afford to live without my maternity allowance - I was over the moon when I got the letter saying that I qualify for the full amount!

Better and *Dusty I'm only 35+4 and haven't had any sort of signs yet so I'll probably be waiting it out with you at the end grin

MrsShrubs Fri 29-Nov-13 09:48:24

Congratulations loki !!!

Hope you're getting on okay alyssa

Welcome newbies flowers

Got so excited last night, woke up with heavy period pain feelings and then bump went tight with a mild pain across and thought oooooh, woke up again with another tightening and a sharp pain and then by the time I woke up this morning - nothing!!! Grrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now