Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Summer 2014 TWIN+ bus

(18 Posts)
Bangkokbaby Thu 19-Jun-14 19:13:17

Hello
Ok, I know I am definitely not on the summer bus, but I am due 26th December and just found out at my scan today that we are having twins.
I am so scared!

Ladylel Tue 17-Jun-14 17:27:56

I'm expecting twins but currently due 2nd December but more than likely November so jumping this thread for a bit of twin mummy support. Or if you want to shun me, is there a nov/dec twin due date thread lol?
I'm very active on the December threads if you wanna check my credentials smile

Nestinggirl Fri 06-Jun-14 11:02:59

Hi ladies i started week 30 with twins today . Any one else ? So we can share what's going on with the body at this stage ???

eeyore2911 Wed 15-Jan-14 22:59:52

I saw consultant today and he said national guidelines were that I would be induced at 37 weeks as after that the chances of problems for twins were high...shock I'll go with whatever he suggests lol x

Expectingtwins1975 Tue 07-Jan-14 20:17:21

Question for you all - during your booking appt (or other antenatal appts), have you been given an indication of when they will induce you if not already gone into labour. My booking appt was with a student midwife and she insisted that I wouldn't be induced until 39 weeks - but all the books I've read suggest that it's unusual to go past 37 weeks - and that the womb stops working adequately at 38 weeks??? Confused!

Expectingtwins1975 Tue 07-Jan-14 19:12:53

First trimester has been terrible nesting girl ... Felt sick, exhausted and generally shit since about week 6. Had a few weeks when I thought it was game over with a lot of bleeding. Im amazed people do this more several times! Still shouldn't complain as both seem to be going strong for the time being, also was successful with ivf first time which at my age is extremely lucky.

Justhayley .... So very sorry x

Nestinggirl Tue 07-Jan-14 13:12:24

So sorry to know that Hayley lots of hugs and love for you xxx but what happened and how far were you ??

justhayley Tue 07-Jan-14 12:09:00

Hi all,
Unfortunately I lost twin 2 sad totally gutted but focusing on the fact twin 1 is healthy.
Hope you all have amazing pregnancies xxxx

Nestinggirl Mon 06-Jan-14 20:49:40

Congratulation expecting1975 I am due on 22 august I wish I could fast forward all this. . How was your first trimester ??

Expectingtwins1975 Mon 06-Jan-14 20:05:24

Hi - I'm due twins mid June ... First pregnancy for me - same as all of you - switch between major excitement and lots of anxious dread smile

Nestinggirl Mon 06-Jan-14 15:33:15

OMG amo101 ... Triplets ?? Congratulations and I wish you happy healthy pregnancy all the way . I am 7 and couple if days and today I started to feel sick and urge to vomit while driving wY back from work . We were shocked and now happy but scared with the risk and complications. Any new symptom just stress me do much not knowing what's going on.
Girlies did any of you had or have brownish discharge around week 7 ? It's the second day I found it while wiping and so worried booked to see midwife this evening xxx
Please pray for me

Amo101 Mon 06-Jan-14 12:54:41

Hi - can I join you?

I'm 10 weeks pregnant with triplets and still in shock. My official due date is 3rd August but we all know there is no way I'll make it to then

Nestinggirl Sun 05-Jan-14 04:29:16

Hang on dollies let me Hop on ...... Yes I have found out 2 heartbeats today and they are due 22/8/14 �� it is my first pregnancy and I am scared and nervouse to death. We are very happy about twins but at the same time very anxious . Let's pray for all of us to stay healthy and happy till the end xxx

Expectingtwins1975 Wed 01-Jan-14 19:10:14

My official due date is 4th a july so expecting them around mid June. Found out was having twins at 8 weeks - still haven't gotten over the shock yet!

Also found out having a boy and a girl at my 12 week scan smile

eeyore2911 Mon 30-Dec-13 11:38:15

I'm due twins in July grin not exactly sure of dates yet but should find out soon!!

scater Sun 15-Dec-13 14:50:33

Hi I am due twins early July. Like you am veering between anxious and excited. I have started a twin thread in pregnancy if you want to join ingrin.

Riblet Tue 03-Dec-13 14:35:03

Hi Hayley, I'm due 11th June and found out yesterday I'm having twins - shocked to say the least! I've always loved the idea too so am really happy but not taken it in yet!

How long now until your next scan? Fingers crossed for twin 2 and a healthy pregnancy for you and both babies x

justhayley Thu 28-Nov-13 23:38:48

Hiya anyone expecting twins (or more) in June, July, or August 2014? (actually August 2014 twin mummies probably don't even know they are pregnant with 1 let alone 2 yet smile).

I found out this week im expecting twins in July,  although at the moment one is stronger than the other so I'm hoping I don't MC twin 2 sad.
Iv spent lots of time looking at the vanishing twin threads the last few days, which is getting me down so decided I'll take a more positive road and start a twin antenatal thread that I will be a part of for the next 7/8 months grin

So excited about the prospect of having twins, iv always always wanted them. Although wondering how long it will take for me to end up in the corner crying lol.

My DS is 19 M and I had a MC in September 13, so really hoping and praying these two babies both stick and develop, can't face loosing anymore babies this year.

Iv got a scan in 10 days to see if twin 2 has developed and if I have 2 heartbeats. SO NERVOUS!

Hope I get someone to join me on the twin bus soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now