Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2014 thread 5: 12-wk scans and leaving the 1st tri behind!

(1000 Posts)
wispaxmas Mon 25-Nov-13 20:13:35

Thought I'd get us started smile

wispaxmas Mon 25-Nov-13 20:17:55

junebaby, if you're going to be 14, won't they not be able to do the nuchal fold measurement?

Liquidambar Mon 25-Nov-13 20:22:20

Thanks Wispa. Marking my place. 10 days until my scan... grrrr
I'll have my flu jab tomorrow morning.

I need to get a good travel insurance that covers pregnancy. They all seem so expensive. Any advice?

littlepickly Mon 25-Nov-13 20:25:57

Marking my place smile

BEEwitched Mon 25-Nov-13 20:30:02

Liquid, I read somewhere on here that pregnancy isn't considered a 'condition' and that most travel insurances covert it without any special mention of it.

wispaxmas Mon 25-Nov-13 20:30:59

Where are you traveling? If you're staying in Europe get the European health insurance card - it covers all things maternity. Elsewhere and I would double check what's covered by your normal insurance. I haven't really looked into it to be honest. The only place other than France we are going to is Canada, and I still technically have my OHIP (Ontario health insurance plan) card, despite not having lived in Canada for several years...

Mitchell2 Mon 25-Nov-13 20:31:08

5th thread Already?!

Travel insurance - not sure, I get mine through work but I was under the impression as long as you were ok to travel then you didn't need special cover.

MarlenaGru Mon 25-Nov-13 20:32:51

Yay new thread!

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 25-Nov-13 20:55:46

Hi,

Had a scan this evening, everything going great at 9+1 and little tadpole waved at us! smile Hospital scan on 18/12, looking forward to seeing baby again.

wispaxmas Mon 25-Nov-13 20:56:20

Completely random, but I bought a bib at a Christmas market last week, and Wispa decided to model it tonight: i44.tinypic.com/2r2ajxk.jpg (hope the link works!)

Liquidambar Mon 25-Nov-13 20:59:09

My usual travel insurance states that I need to inform about pregnancy (this is linked to my bank account). I did not inform them when I was pregnant with DS because I only traveled once outside Europe and got an insurance through work.

I am going to Dubai, so I thought it would be nice to have a good cover.

Liquidambar Mon 25-Nov-13 21:00:47

Super cute wispa smile love both the bib and the dog!

Mitchell2 Mon 25-Nov-13 21:06:49

Ooh so am I liquid although sadly for work. I shall double check my coverage now as I know Dubai can be expensive if things go wrong.

Mitchell2 Mon 25-Nov-13 21:07:42

Yay winkly and very cute wispa

CarrotCakeMuffins Mon 25-Nov-13 21:08:07

New thread already!
No ideas about travel insurance.
I was sick for the first time at work this morning (normally an evening occurrence and fortunately not often). Luckily no one realised.
I am 12 weeks today and was hoping things would start improving by now hmm
Still, scan on Wednesday....

MarlenaGru Mon 25-Nov-13 21:11:39

Congratulations winkly lovely news!
wispa how cute is wispa! And the bib.

superlambanana Mon 25-Nov-13 21:13:58

Wispa your dog is gorgeous smile

jaykay987 Mon 25-Nov-13 21:26:11

Popping into new thread!

CleverOl10 Mon 25-Nov-13 21:33:23

Lovely to hear Winkly. All these scans are making me excited for mine.....8 days to go!

How nice to see the real Wispa!

Got my scan date through. I have to see the consultant at the same time.
This is going to be a lovely early Christmas present.
Work are annoyed about the date as they are really busy and I am supposed to organising the Christmas concert for that afternoon. They weren't happy that I couldn't get it changed. I did try.
We changed dd's cot into a bed. This is another attempt to entice her to her own bed. This bump must have been conceived in the few nights she did stay in her own bed. blush
How are we going to manage when she always screams to come in with us? Especially when I'm massive and probable heartburn. I'm not thinking about when the baby arrives. We probably have to buy a bigger bed. grin

LadyGoneGaga Mon 25-Nov-13 21:41:28

Just marking my place.

Just jumping on new thread!
So glad to be saying bye to first trimester, it's been hard!

SicknSpan Mon 25-Nov-13 21:54:59

clutter when is tri 2? 12 weeks or 13?

jaykay987 Mon 25-Nov-13 21:59:40

14w+0 is day one of second trimester I think.

wispaxmas Mon 25-Nov-13 22:03:46

There's lots of disagreement as to when the 2nd tri starts. If you go by day it's 13+5, if you go by development it tends to be 13 weeks apparently, but some people put it at 12 weeks because that's when risk of miscarriage drops to a ridiculously low level.

I'm hoping the oncoming second trimester will spell relief for so many of you girls suffering with sickness!

This thread is not accepting new messages.