Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2014!!! PART 2!! Growing those summer babies!!

(974 Posts)
MrsB2013 Wed 20-Nov-13 15:47:01

July Due Dates

Pencilsandprams - (26th June)
Rainbowweaver - (27th June)
LadyGoneGaga - (29th June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
AhoyMcCoy - 2nd
Liquidstate - 2nd
Roozocheeks - 2nd
deeda811 - 2nd
Mrsc020987 - 3rd
Taranta - 3rd
Fiveleaves 3rd
MrsA2 - 3rd
Moochie01 - 4th
SomeDizzyWhore1804 - 4th
Jbiscuits - 4th - 6th??
Ismarah - 5th
Jaykay - 5th
Lemonpoppyseed - 6th
Frostina - 6th
AuntieMaggie - 6th
MargeryDaw- 6th
OttersPocket - 7th
Blueberry234- 7th
FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy - 1st - 8th???
Boboli - 8th
Lauranne - 8th
Doodlequackquack - 9th
xjulesx - 9th
Pigsinparis - 9th
mummyzoe2012 - 9th
grobagsforever - 11th
Ipsumlorem - 11th
elliejjtiny - 11th
SmallOlympianbear - 11th
Umanayana - 12th
LemonLovely - 12th
coco808 - 12th
Ladybunnikins - 14th
englishteacher78 - 14th
Sparky321 - 14th
HomeIsWhereTheGinIs- 14th
kim2783 - 14th
Dollydaydream2 - 15th
DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis - 15th
MGJoey - 15th
SuzB83 - 15th
Incapinka - 15th
BlueC2 - 16th
Charotte31 - 16th
It'sAlwaysBetterOnHoliday - 17th
Littleangel21 - 17th
LazyDogJumpedOver - 17th
StrawberryNesquik - 17th
Sparklesandfizz - 18th
PicnicPie - 18th
MoreSnowPlease - 18th
turnwest - 20th
BringOn2014 - 22nd
baggyoldcow - 24th
Froglet88 - 24th
funkymonk- 25th
Babymamatobe- 26th
talulahbelle- 26th
Howly - 26th
Hollyjokes- 27th
AnyFuckingClue - ???
JuiceInAWineGlass - ???
tannyLoo72 - ???
TheBookofRuth - ???
DinkyMole - (1st August)

liquidstate Fri 22-Nov-13 15:53:32

My nipples are beginning to look weird. That is all.

grin

jaykay987 Fri 22-Nov-13 16:03:42

grin

BlueC2 Fri 22-Nov-13 16:45:55

Alas liquid they may never be quite the same again smile

AuntieMaggie Fri 22-Nov-13 16:46:04

Aw Zing sending you a big hug.

I've had a bacon sandwich for lunch and want fish and chips for tea... doesn't help the weight thing does it?

I put on weight when I came off the pill (I have PCOS) and I lost some of it but am still half a stone heavier than I was before and about 4 stone heavier than I'd like to be sad I'm cross with myself because I let things like work and stuff get in the way of me losing as much as I wanted to...

BlueC2 Fri 22-Nov-13 16:51:53

Just realised that one of the things i'd wanted to chat to the mw about yesterday was the fact i'm still breastfeeding 18mo DS1 and whether this could be making me more nauseaous or tired...and whether I should be taking extra supplements (just taking folic acid at the moment as Pregnancare makes me soooo constipated blush ) anyone have an experience or knowledge on this?

Also food has been my friend today...if I just eat constantly then the nausea stays relatively at bay...i dread to think how much weight i'm going to put on at this rate though?!?!

ooh and I've somehow managed to get my work done, though it did mean sending DS to the childminder again today - that's 4 days this week and he normally only does 3 days...I've missed him today sad

Hi everyone sorry to hear lots of people are feeling a bit rubbish .

I've had my booking in today with my midwife who was lovely . Gave a urine sample and had bloods done. Chatted through everything too and I'm low risk at the moment which I was happy about.
She gave me lots of info to read through and iv got my pregnancy notes. All becoming real now . Just a waiting game for the scan date which I'm almost certain will be after christmas as I will be 11 weeks on the 23rd . So il be checking the post every day !!

DoctorDonnaNoble Fri 22-Nov-13 17:30:38

So it turns out my Doctor completely confused me with his inability to communicate. The community midwife will be contacting me to come and see me at home. So I think this next doc's appointment is just collect test forms and go get tests done.
HOWEVER, Vodafone have messed me around this week resulting in me being phoneless until sometime next week, so going to have to try and phone them to let me know my alternative number! Why is everything so very hard!

Littleangel21 Fri 22-Nov-13 17:46:11

Hi ladies... So sad to read so many having a difficult time. We cannot worry about our weight just now, we are all going to put weight on and that's the price of having a baby. I feel a bit insecure about it, one of my gym mates came round and borrowed loads of dresses I won't be able to get into for at least another year. Lots of adjusting to do.

I'm so sick, weak and hungry!! Such a strange combination! I've ordered an Indian for about 4 people just for me!

Hope you're all chilling out and enjoying their Fridays xxxx

coco808 Fri 22-Nov-13 17:56:20

I'm with everyone on this. I put on so much weight before ttc, which I terribly regret now! Didn't help my mother pointing that out to me and asking why am I putting on so much weight. Oh on top of that my auntie joked about my weight very loudly at my cousin's wedding and I felt so utterly humiliated!
I was hoping to loose some weight in the first trimester with all the vomiting and what not.... But I seem to be eating loads...hmmmm
Anyway...off I go to order my BIG friday night Indian grin

MrsB2013 Fri 22-Nov-13 18:02:10

I'm with you all on the weight gain! I put on some when I came off the pill and now I'm hungry all the time so eating all day long, and not healthy foods, carbs, crisps and cheese. I'm going to be massive at this rate!!

Jaykay what sort of questions did they ask? Are the bloods for the combined nt test, or do you have to get more done at same time as scan? I hate needles and I've got my booking in app on Monday!

teaandkittens Fri 22-Nov-13 18:17:08

I'm a bit confused about the weight gain too especially as I am overweight anyway. At least I have an excuse now!

Sparky321 Fri 22-Nov-13 18:21:35

Hi all, I hope you all start feeling better soon, it is just the hormones which can only be a good thing for our beans right? It is really hard to eat anything remotely healthy at the moment I'm eating a plain crumpet for breakfast, oat cakes and bread rollswhenever I feel sick which seems only to be when Im tired or hungry (so just all the time then) lunch is usually carb based pasta or more bread, rice pudding when I get home from school and then more carbs for tea. I'm trying to eat fruit and vegetables but they are not as appealing as carbs. I don't think we should worry too much after all this sickness should be over just as we get in the 2nd trimester and then we have 6 months to eat healthily. So be kind to yourself we are doing a very important job growing our beautiful babies xx

MrsA2 Fri 22-Nov-13 18:29:13

I'm with you all on the weight gain, I was close to dropping the half stone that would get me back to what I wanted to weigh but already have gained three pounds back. With virtually no exercise (I used to do a lot but sports that aren't safe while pregnant) and a continual hunger I'm very aware that I'm getting off to a bad start.

Sorry to hear so many are feeling a bit down today. At least it's Friday so a break from exhausting days at work for many of us x

ItsAlwaysBetterOnHoliday Fri 22-Nov-13 18:41:57

Sorry people are having tough days. I'm intending to do as little as possible this weekend as I just feel totally battered by this past week.

Good news today - my 6 week scan showed a teeny tiny embryo, firmly in the right place, with a even teenier heartbeat! The nurse could see where the bleeding had come from but said not to worry about it. So relieved and so happy to have 'met' the baby for the first time. I know it's early days still but I've been smiling all day.

It was an internal scan but not uncomfortable really.

Oh, and I took the opportunity to speak to the community midwife while I was there and managed to change my appointment date. Amazing what being there in person can do!

Have a good weekend everyone!

HomeIsWhereTheGinIs Fri 22-Nov-13 20:15:20

Itsalwaysbetteronholiday congratulations! That's fantastic news! Did they give you a little picture?

Ladies I have a question for all of you. Have any of you experienced spotting? By that I mean (apologies tmi) literally a drop or two of blood when you wipe? It's been happening to me every three or four days. Actually that's why we had the six week scan, because I'd been spotting and I was convinced it was over. A quick search of the nhs and mn suggest this sometimes happens, is it/ has it happened to any of you? Was due to see my GP today but she called in sick (and the clinic didn't bother to call so I just found out when I got there at 4.30 having left early for that purpose which didn't help my mood). So a little bit worried that I can't double check with anyone. Help!

Pearlsaplenty Fri 22-Nov-13 20:42:25

betteronholiday lovely news on your scan smile

homeiswherethegin sorry I haven't experienced that amount of spotting. What colour is it? Bright red bleeding is more a concern, although I'm not sure if a small amount is cause for concern though.

As far as the weight worries I think I'm just worried as I know this baby is going to destroy any chance of dieting/exercise for at least a year if it is anything like his brother!! I'm not even sure how much I've put on, too scared to weigh myself, just know I look bigger in the mirror.

ItsAlwaysBetterOnHoliday Fri 22-Nov-13 20:53:06

gin - yes, am now the proud owner of a printout where you can sort of see a shape that might be a baby if you squint a bit... smile

I've been bleeding on and off very lightly since my period was due 2 weeks ago. The nurse today said it was a 'very small subchorionic bleed' and that there may be further bleeding. Not seen any red though, just very light brown. She said it was very common and not to worry (like people on here!) but maybe if it is bothering you there's no harm in getting checked out?

Can't wait until the pregnancy worrying is over - oh wait then we'll have the rest of our lives to worry about them!

justhayley Fri 22-Nov-13 23:34:28

Hiya, I got my BFP today so marking my place and saying hello grin

By LMP I'm 5+4 EDD July 21st, but I ovulate late so more likely to be about 4+5ish.

I have 1 DC - a boy aged 19M, and I had a MC in September. I'm really excited to get a BFP so quickly but am absolutely petrified of having another MC so feel like I can't get excited yet.

Iv PO2S today - cheapy had a very dark line grin and then I got an over priced CB digi which said 2-3 weeks pregnant.

I'm a bit miffed, when I had my MC I was told I could get a 6 week scan the next time I conceived. Called the GP today to get a referral and can't be seen until December 5th which will make me 7+3 and then however long it takes to get a scan after that.
Should I push to get seen quicker?
I could just wait I'm just feeling really anxious considering my MC was so recent & want to be seen ASAP.

Symptom wise: Iv had the hiccups for a few days and have been doing lots of gassy burps - lovely lol. Apart from that absolutely nothing. I hate getting sick but in a way would love to be feeling rough at least that way I'd know the hormones will still be there.
I may have to buy a bunch ofcheap tests onebay and test everyday to put my mind at rest. With my MC I had a BFN 2 says after.

Anyway that's me - sorry for long dirt post lol.

Good Luck everyone I look forward to sharing this journey with you all xx

fifi669 Sat 23-Nov-13 00:18:57

Hi, I'm due 10th July!

No sickness, no tiredness but I'm only 7 weeks so maybe it's a bit early? Or am I just jammy?

Booking in appointment next week, 12 weeks Boxing Day so wondering if I'll get in before or after Christmas....

kim2783 Sat 23-Nov-13 04:30:00

homeiswheretheginis I had some bright red spotting last week which lasted for 3 days or so. was feeling very uncertain about the whole thing and was bending my mum's ear about it every day. It has now disappeared and I'm feeling much more relaxed thankfully. Hopefully yours will clear up soon too.

I'm now 6w+5 and looking forward to my Doctors appointment next Friday.

Busy day today and I've been awake since 3am, how am I going to get through the day???

DoctorDonnaNoble Sat 23-Nov-13 08:11:04

Feeling so much better today! Nausea was the worst is been so far yesterday but not actually been physically sick (could have been but I hate being sick and will do anything to avoid it). I survived my first big social event without getting caught not drinking.
Going to get a lovely box from Paperchase on Tuesday to put all the paperwork in. Going to phone the community midwives on Monday to give them my temporary number in case they're trying to contact me - I'm assuming they won't be open on Saturdays or will they?

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Sat 23-Nov-13 09:03:13

I thought of one positive thing about me looking like I'm 8 months pg - I can be pg for 6 months at least before anyone will think I'm pg, so I can avoid people annoying me with the stupid questions for a long time! yay!grin

that actually makes me feel better.
I knew my optimism wasn't dead. it's just hiding under the blubber!grin

DoctorDonnaNoble Sat 23-Nov-13 09:06:24

zing love it. There's a positive in everything if you look hard enough grin

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Sat 23-Nov-13 09:18:45

Pencilsandprams - (26th June)
Rainbowweaver - (27th June)
Roozocheeks - (28th June)
LadyGoneGaga - (29th June)
Pearlsaplenty - (29 June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
AhoyMcCoy - 2nd
Liquidstate - 2nd
deeda811 - 2nd
Mrsc020987 - 3rd
Taranta - 3rd
Fiveleaves 3rd
MrsA2 - 3rd
Moochie01 - 4th
SomeDizzyWhore1804 - 4th
Jbiscuits - 4th - 6th??
Ismarah - 5th
Jaykay - 5th
Collie1806 - 5th
Lemonpoppyseed - 6th
Frostina - 6th
AuntieMaggie - 6th
MargeryDaw- 6th
OttersPocket - 7th
Blueberry234- 7th
FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy - 1st - 8th???
Boboli - 8th
Lauranne - 8th
Doodlequackquack - 9th
xjulesx - 9th
mummyzoe2012 - 9th
fifi669 - 10th
grobagsforever - 11th
Ipsumlorem - 11th
elliejjtiny - 11th
SmallOlympianbear - 11th
Umanayana - 12th
LemonLovely - 12th
coco808 - 12th
museumworker - 12th
Ladybunnikins - 14th
DoctorDonnaNoble - 14th
Sparky321 - 14th
HomeIsWhereTheGinIs- 14th
kim2783 - 14th
Dollydaydream2 - 15th
DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis - 15th
MGJoey - 15th
SuzB83 - 15th
Incapinka - 15th
BlueC2 - 16th
Charotte31 - 16th
It'sAlwaysBetterOnHoliday - 17th
Littleangel21 - 17th
LazyDogJumpedOver - 17th
StrawberryNesquik - 17th
Sparklesandfizz - 18th
PicnicPie - 18th
MoreSnowPlease - 18th
turnwest - 20th
teaandkittens - 21st
justhayley - 21st
BringOn2014 - 22nd
baggyoldcow - 24th
Froglet88 - 24th
funkymonk- 25th
Babymamatobe- 26th
talulahbelle- 26th
Howly - 26th
NancyinCali - 26th
Hollyjokes- 27th
ShoesBagsDresses - 27th
TheBookOfRuth- 29th
ChristmasCrackFox - 30th
AnyFuckingClue - ???
JuiceInAWineGlass - ???
tannyLoo72 - ???
snowpink - ???
DinkyMole - (1st August)

Babymamatobe Sat 23-Nov-13 09:18:56

For any ladies in Scotland interested in an early scan, ABC4D are doing 50% off viability scans costing only £42.50!! Have clinics in Motherwell, Ayr and Edinburgh!!

I'm booked for 21st December!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now