Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2014!!! PART 2!! Growing those summer babies!!

(974 Posts)
MrsB2013 Wed 20-Nov-13 15:47:01

July Due Dates

Pencilsandprams - (26th June)
Rainbowweaver - (27th June)
LadyGoneGaga - (29th June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
AhoyMcCoy - 2nd
Liquidstate - 2nd
Roozocheeks - 2nd
deeda811 - 2nd
Mrsc020987 - 3rd
Taranta - 3rd
Fiveleaves 3rd
MrsA2 - 3rd
Moochie01 - 4th
SomeDizzyWhore1804 - 4th
Jbiscuits - 4th - 6th??
Ismarah - 5th
Jaykay - 5th
Lemonpoppyseed - 6th
Frostina - 6th
AuntieMaggie - 6th
MargeryDaw- 6th
OttersPocket - 7th
Blueberry234- 7th
FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy - 1st - 8th???
Boboli - 8th
Lauranne - 8th
Doodlequackquack - 9th
xjulesx - 9th
Pigsinparis - 9th
mummyzoe2012 - 9th
grobagsforever - 11th
Ipsumlorem - 11th
elliejjtiny - 11th
SmallOlympianbear - 11th
Umanayana - 12th
LemonLovely - 12th
coco808 - 12th
Ladybunnikins - 14th
englishteacher78 - 14th
Sparky321 - 14th
HomeIsWhereTheGinIs- 14th
kim2783 - 14th
Dollydaydream2 - 15th
DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis - 15th
MGJoey - 15th
SuzB83 - 15th
Incapinka - 15th
BlueC2 - 16th
Charotte31 - 16th
It'sAlwaysBetterOnHoliday - 17th
Littleangel21 - 17th
LazyDogJumpedOver - 17th
StrawberryNesquik - 17th
Sparklesandfizz - 18th
PicnicPie - 18th
MoreSnowPlease - 18th
turnwest - 20th
BringOn2014 - 22nd
baggyoldcow - 24th
Froglet88 - 24th
funkymonk- 25th
Babymamatobe- 26th
talulahbelle- 26th
Howly - 26th
Hollyjokes- 27th
AnyFuckingClue - ???
JuiceInAWineGlass - ???
tannyLoo72 - ???
TheBookofRuth - ???
DinkyMole - (1st August)

Pearlsaplenty Thu 21-Nov-13 20:05:54

doctor 10 mins doesn't sound enough time at all. Even if they send you somewhere else for bloods. 10 mins is about the time given for just a standard antenatal checkup confused are you not able to get a booking in appointment at the hospital itself? I wouldn't be concerned about not being seen in the first 2 months, mine isn't until week 10 and I've heard some have it on the same day as their 12 week scan (which would actually be quite convenient). But I would be concerned at only having 10 mins. They are meant to do medical history, discuss birth options and classes available, discuss screening choices, weigh you, urine test, blood pressure. Go through brochures. And answer questions. I would've thought 30-45 mins minimum.

jaykay987 Thu 21-Nov-13 20:16:31

Yay pearl! You must be pleased!

Did they change your date? Or is that our original date?

jaykay987 Thu 21-Nov-13 20:16:43

*your

DoctorDonnaNoble Thu 21-Nov-13 20:20:41

re: appointment at hospital - not as far as I know - I'm finding it really hard to get information! I phoned the receptionist for exactly that reason and I went through all this and how everything has led me to believe that a booking in appointment was at least 30 minutes. I'm certainly not going to be bullied out of the surgery if I've still got questions. The receptionist assured me this was how my surgery did it, it would be the same with the community midwife, and that this particular doctor was seeing 3 other women that day as well.
I have had previous concerns with this surgery: admin errors and rubbish asthma care. Hence saying that perhaps I should move GPs.
I know many of you think I'm being ridiculous, but it's my first pregnancy, I don't know how it works and I can't believe how blasé everyone seems to be about it all.
A positive sign, however, was I had the appointment with the doctor on Monday and my letter for my scan came today.

jaykay987 Thu 21-Nov-13 20:26:26

I don't think you sound ridiculous. I think your doctors sound ridiculous! grin

Well...you'll only find out by turning up and seeing how your appointment goes! Good luck with it! grin

Pearlsaplenty Thu 21-Nov-13 20:28:58

doctor yes they moved my date back a couple of days. Yes I would be concerned as well, 10 minutes is not long at all. Have you phoned the hospital directly to find out if you can book in there ? How easy is it for you to change gps?

If you can't do anything about it. Go in with your list of questions and then ask for an additional appointment if you run out of time.

Pearlsaplenty Thu 21-Nov-13 20:31:37

Oops jaykay yes they changed my dd back a couple of days smile

MrsB2013 Thu 21-Nov-13 22:07:06

Oh Pearls that's great news!!

Doctor I think all areas and doctors seem to do things differently. I have my MW appointment on Monday and I was told it would be about an hour, no idea when I'll get my scan date.

I'm getting a cold sad Does anyone know how much Vit C is safe to take in early pregnancy??

ismarah Thu 21-Nov-13 22:28:20

Wow we are a chatty bunch - or rather just full of helpful information, advice and wisdom that must be shared, like cake or bottles of wine...

Someone said about all needs becoming instant, hunger, weeage etc. Really (really!) need to get DH to understand that one. He's very laid back normally, bless him, and I do love it when he does lovely things like make me dinner, but right now when I'm hungry I need feeding or I'll be nauseous again. Which he gets sad at cause I'm suffering! Bless.

Being made to sneakily go and see H&S officer tomorrow. Nothing like being timely with this sort of thing - I told tutor a few weeks ago as soon as I knew (suspecting H&S issues) but now I have like 10 days left! Fingers still crossed I don't vom on the examiners...

museumworker Thu 21-Nov-13 23:09:39

Hi, room for another?
Am pregnant with third, was unplanned so just getting my head round it. Had 3 false negatives after period due date which was wierd, still quite surreal.
Telling doctor tomorrow, will be 7 weeks. DD 12 July.
Symptoms- lot less than last 2 , probably explains why not fully feeling pregnant. V tired (fell asleep on tube today and missed stop!) But constantly knackered with work and kids anyway. Bit nauseous but eating regularly. Main thing is digestion slowed down, feel dreadfully sluggish. Already looking bit podgy! Have cold at the minute too!

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Thu 21-Nov-13 23:27:17

Museum

welcome and congrats! I'll add you to the list tomorrow.

Pearlsaplenty Fri 22-Nov-13 08:31:35

So cross with myself angry

For the last month I've been worried about the baby and now I find out the risk has gone then I start worrying about my weight again.

I wish i could just be grateful and not so selfish. I think I deserve a cloud hanging over me.

Mrsc020987 Fri 22-Nov-13 09:28:28

Well ended up over at hospital last night, sickness has became unbearable and nothing like i was with my dd, so they wanted to check my blood pressure and my pee, all ok thank god but been put on anti sickness meds, praying they work!! Being in the same place where i gave birth only 10 months ago was frightening, as soon as the smell hut me i was back there, i don't no if the fear of the unknown or knowing what to expect is worse!! Haha ive got 7 months to mentally prepare i suppose!

BlueC2 Fri 22-Nov-13 09:47:48

So sorry for those with awful sickness sad my new strategy is to eat myself out of it so this morning have had a bowl of cereal and three pieces of toast blush but finally don't feel quite so sick. Now to get this work finished. Happy Friday everyone!

Pearlsaplenty Fri 22-Nov-13 09:48:49

mrsc oh no! That sounds terrible. I hope the meds work for you flowers

turnwest Fri 22-Nov-13 11:38:56

I m so miserable, what have I done, I struggle to cope with two children how on earth will I manage three? I m having an awful day today. sad

tannyLoo72 Fri 22-Nov-13 11:55:43

Oh turnwest, it's so unfair isn't it sometimes? I'm so miserable as I'm probably about to have my 4th MC, and want nothing more than a 3rd child, and you are feeling overwhelmed at the thought of it!

Please be gentle on yourself, your hormones are probably playing merry hell with your emotions and what you're feeling is really normal.

Hope you start to feel better soon thanks

ChristmasCrackFox Fri 22-Nov-13 11:55:52

Room for a little one?

Such early days - EDD is 30 July but desperately need somewhere to obsess! Can't seem to stop peeing on sticks...I am an hpt loon.

Already have a just turned two year old. Boy, will 'mat leave' be different this time round as a sahm!

Despite my tendency toward the contrary I'm thinking positive and have booked a mw appointment and private scan the day before Christmas Eve so that we can be a bit more confident telling family why I'm not knocking back the prosecco over Christmas.

Lovely to meet you all!

AuntieMaggie Fri 22-Nov-13 12:02:26

Pearls I'm worried about my weight too - Worked hard to get where I am (which is still fat) so I know how you feel. The bonus is I just look my normal fat self rather than pregnant!

Mrsc hope the meds help.

turnwest have you got anyone to talk to in rl?

No sickness here yet just a bit queasy when hungry. I feel really well apart from SAD, worrying about medical complications, changes at work that may mean I lose my job and trying to hide pregnancy until scan.

MrsB2013 Fri 22-Nov-13 12:14:30

July Due Dates

Pencilsandprams - (26th June)
Rainbowweaver - (27th June)
Roozocheeks - (28th June)
LadyGoneGaga - (29th June)
Pearlsaplenty - (29 June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
AhoyMcCoy - 2nd
Liquidstate - 2nd
deeda811 - 2nd
Mrsc020987 - 3rd
Taranta - 3rd
Fiveleaves 3rd
MrsA2 - 3rd
Moochie01 - 4th
SomeDizzyWhore1804 - 4th
Jbiscuits - 4th - 6th??
Ismarah - 5th
Jaykay - 5th
Collie1806 - 5th
Lemonpoppyseed - 6th
Frostina - 6th
AuntieMaggie - 6th
MargeryDaw- 6th
OttersPocket - 7th
Blueberry234- 7th
FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy - 1st - 8th???
Boboli - 8th
Lauranne - 8th
Doodlequackquack - 9th
xjulesx - 9th
mummyzoe2012 - 9th
grobagsforever - 11th
Ipsumlorem - 11th
elliejjtiny - 11th
SmallOlympianbear - 11th
Umanayana - 12th
LemonLovely - 12th
coco808 - 12th
museumworker - 12th
Ladybunnikins - 14th
DoctorDonnaNoble - 14th
Sparky321 - 14th
HomeIsWhereTheGinIs- 14th
kim2783 - 14th
Dollydaydream2 - 15th
DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis - 15th
MGJoey - 15th
SuzB83 - 15th
Incapinka - 15th
BlueC2 - 16th
Charotte31 - 16th
It'sAlwaysBetterOnHoliday - 17th
Littleangel21 - 17th
LazyDogJumpedOver - 17th
StrawberryNesquik - 17th
Sparklesandfizz - 18th
PicnicPie - 18th
MoreSnowPlease - 18th
turnwest - 20th
teaandkittens - 21st
BringOn2014 - 22nd
baggyoldcow - 24th
Froglet88 - 24th
funkymonk- 25th
Babymamatobe- 26th
talulahbelle- 26th
Howly - 26th
NancyinCali - 26th
Hollyjokes- 27th
ShoesBagsDresses - 27th
TheBookOfRuth- 29th
ChristmasCrackFox - 30th
AnyFuckingClue - ???
JuiceInAWineGlass - ???
tannyLoo72 - ???
snowpink - ???
DinkyMole - (1st August)

MrsB2013 Fri 22-Nov-13 12:20:15

Congratulations and welcome to the newbies! So many of us on here now!!

MrsC hope the sickness meds work for you!

Turnwest sorry you are feeling sad I'm worried about how i'll cope with one! I'm sure it's hormones making it worse, you will be fine flowers

Jaykay how did your MW appointment go?

I've got a stinking cold sad Got my early scan tomorrow and I'm getting nervous that there wont be anything there, as I still don't have any symptoms other than tiredness and hunger!

Hope everyone else is ok!!

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Fri 22-Nov-13 12:59:00

pearls

I'm really unhappy about my weight.

My starting weight is the same as what I was at 9 months+ with my two youngest.sad

after DS5 I lost 2 stones in preparation for next pg and I put it back on with DD, which was all fine - but as DH took ages to decide if are going for it (and was leaning towards no for a ling time) I didn't bother to try and loose weight again.

I'm kicking myself for "waiting for him", but I was in a bad place emotionally so I was comfort eating.
he eventually changed his mind to TTC, but we had so many arguments by then that I was doubting if getting pg again is even a good idea.

we agreed to try for 3 cycles on a "it's meant to be it will happen" - basis and it coinceded with kids going back to school do there was no way I could concentrate on myself and dieting...

don't get me wrong, I'm happy about this baby, but I'm incredibly unhappy about circumstances, stressing about my weight and I blame him for wasting precious time that I could have spent loosing weight before TTC.

I'm probably being unreasonable, but I don't feel prepared, I hate my weight, I'm angry with DH and I feel really sad.
and that's not how I'd want to be right now, so that makes me feel even worse.

I don't know how to get rid of those bad feelings.sad
unless I either start dieting or start being sick so I can loose some weight before ballooning again.confused
I'm so unhappy right now I can't stop crying

elliejjtiny Fri 22-Nov-13 13:25:54

I'm with you on the weight issues. My weight is really bad. DS4 is still only little and has a lot of health issues so I put on weight after he was born because I was just eating rubbish. I'm also worried about my C-section scar and whether it will cope with the strain of another pregnancy so soon.

jaykay987 Fri 22-Nov-13 13:38:09

Oh no. Lots people seem down today. Look after yourselves and FX tomorrow will be better!

Thanks mrsb. It was fine. Took almost an hour and a half. They took loads and tested my urine. They asked lots of questions - but very few about DH.

I now have a mountain of paperwork to read! grin

They weren't very interested in my early scan dating or that Im having a private nuchal scan. So they're sending me my 12 w scan letter this week (no idea why they want one).

As expected, Ive been referred to consultant - thyroid and Bmi - but also anethatist (sp?) as I have historic back problems.

ChristmasCrackFox Fri 22-Nov-13 14:30:01

Not trivialising any of these worries but remember that your hormones are giving you quite a kicking at the moment, which makes any bad situation seem bleak. You just know there'll be a fab MN weight loss thread to help us all out afterwards!

Our bodies are doing amazing things - let's be nice to ourselves :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now