Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Rat smackers extraordinaire enjoying a festive mince pies and brooking no argument that there will be the occasional sneeze birth before the end of 2013

(999 Posts)
SweetieTime Sun 17-Nov-13 13:32:32

Ladies I think we need a new festive thread to take us through to the end of the year. And as it will be me to sneeze next –how did it get around to my turn so quickly???-- I thought I would do the honours.

<gets the alcohol free mulled wine on the go>
<leaves plates of mince pie and stollen cake>
<plumps up cushions and decks the halls with holly & ivy>

SweetieTime Sun 17-Nov-13 13:38:30

Old thread for you to catch up on.

Ooh loving the new thread Sweetie I love that we'll be meeting your twins here smilesmile

<decks the halls with Holly and adds a little fa la la la la la la la laaaaa> grin

TheLittleFriend Sun 17-Nov-13 14:17:57

Marking my place for The Twins arrival, woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

<Settles down in the corner>

ThedementedPenguin Sun 17-Nov-13 14:47:01

Great new thread sweetie

Although can I have some alcohol free cider instead? I'm classy me smile

oooo lovely new thread very festive. I'm glad you've started it sweetie I was going to suggest you did since you will be the one sneezing next!
we had a very busy Saturday getting loads of bits for treats.
we have ordered the cot too its this one m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/boori-madison-cotbed-heritage-teak/p230965028?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_14
we were so busy I didn't get to sort out my nursing bra in the end! but actually I think I like the idea of the one linked on the old thread were my actual bra size doesn't matter, I think it was sweetie who linked it.

keepitgoing Sun 17-Nov-13 16:14:31

pen my spd went immediately after birth. V weird.

keepitgoing Sun 17-Nov-13 16:16:10

sweetie remind me how long they'll let you go before induction? Is it 38 weeks?

SweetieTime Sun 17-Nov-13 16:39:17

keep 37 weeks they would start induction but want you closer to 38 if doing a c-section. I will be 34 weeks on Tuesday so really am counting down.

musicalmrs Sun 17-Nov-13 17:26:16

Marking place! Lovely new Fred Sweetie.

Sweetie any news on the referral for the assessment to let you have the section?

Solars Sun 17-Nov-13 18:23:36

Lovely new thread Sweetie I'm glad you started it!

Ok so the suspense is over, as I just said to MrS shall we open the envelope? And he said yes with out hesitation and we're having a boy!!!

solars a boy! congratulations!

SweetieTime Sun 17-Nov-13 18:57:26

Aw Solars a boy! how lovely, although a girl would have been equally lovely. At least you can think of names now. will you tell friends & family?

Boo I am hoping to get the referral tomorrow. Will see what they say. I hate having to argue these things.

Stacks Sun 17-Nov-13 18:59:57

Just quickly marking my place. Then I'm going to go back and spam the old thread for a bit. I managed to post 1001 messages to a thread the other day, so I wonder if the old thread limit has somehow changed.

Stacks Sun 17-Nov-13 19:02:15

Didn't work. Strange.

Solars congrats on the little boy. I luvs my little man smile

I've been really tired recently, barely even managing to read the threads. Hoping to be back brooking properly soon. I'm seriously considering going to bed already!

Marking place tomeet Sweetie's twins! Will try to post properly soon smile

TheLittleFriend Sun 17-Nov-13 19:26:30

Solars that's lovely news!! A little blue sunbeam grin

Penguin I hope you get some relief from the spd, I suffered terribly in both my pregnancies. Too has given you some great tips there. I found first time round the pain went as soon as dd was born. Unfortunately this time I'm still suffering and ds is 9 months old. Seeing a chiropractor has really helped recently though.

Oh Solars that's lovely news smile

keepitgoing Sun 17-Nov-13 21:59:07

Congratulations solars, that's what you said MrS was hoping for secretly too smile

Solars Mon 18-Nov-13 08:50:59

Thanks ladies, yes Keep I think he did secretly hope for a boy but he did say after he would have loved a little girl too. MrS had already started texting his family so I felt obliged to tell my immediate family. I have to say I did have a little weep last night as it made it all so much more real now and it felt like such a big overwhelming responsibility!

Good luck with your review today Sweetie brooking extra hard you get heard.

Keep how are you doing? What is early motherhood really like? And thanks for the top tips on getting labour started!

Stacks hope you got a good nights rest.

Lovely cot Trix

GreenOlives Mon 18-Nov-13 09:01:09

<Sneaks in and pinches a mince pie then heads to the shops for some real mulled wine!> grin

Morning all, lovely new thread Sweetie smile

Solars, congratulations, a little boy!! I know what you mean about it feeling more real, that's how we felt too! I'm so excited for you.

How is everyone else doing today? Pen is our can this week?

Solars Mon 18-Nov-13 09:52:42

Oooo you tease Olives grin

Maybe how are you doing?

And Pen when's the scan? Is it the 20 week one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now