Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2014: Thread 4: Making our way through the first trimester one day at a time!!!

(981 Posts)
GillyBillyWilly Sat 09-Nov-13 10:42:45

Jump in this new thread to carry on the daily chit chat!!!!grin

pomdereplay 28th May
Penguin13 29th
highlandfling10 1st June
grainofrice 1st
WooWooCaChoo 1st
bludgerwitch 2nd
monkeybananas 2nd
wispaxmas 3rd
Mezzaluna 3rd
carrie105 3rd
Bezzabelle 3rd
bee024 3rd
Seatfor5 4th
SicknSpan 4th
Loudandlarge 4th
MAgirl75 5th
Katsan 5th
Mrs MLB 6th
Norah Vanstone 6th
cheesysmile 7th
AuntPittyPay 7th
adaloveslace 7th
LondonSuperTrooper 8th
barnsey14 8th
Winglet 8th
GillyWillyBilly 9th
CarrotCakeMuffins 9th
Snowlet 10th
Threefromdesire 10th
noseymcposey 10th
Kirsty4609 11th
TheMoonInJune 11th
CleverOl10 11th
squiglet 12th
Giraffelegs 12th
Mixology 13th
Gingerandcocoa 13th
NessieMcFessie 13th
Londoncitymum 13th
littlepickly 13th
just 13th
Mumof5plusazoo 13th
blondiedollface 14th
sebsmummy1 14th
typhoonsmum 14th
Hannahc1989 14th
liquidambar 15th
Hackneybird 15th
MTMD 15/16th
ElizaB3 16th
RaRa1988 16th
Ginandstripes 16th
Mitchell2 16th
MrsGasMan 17th
Sussex31 17th
VickyVix 18th
Ohcluttergotme 19th
Beckala 20th
Unoriginalusername123 20th
MarlenaGru 21st
Bellygrazing 21st
WifeofGru 22nd
Sheilatakeabow 22nd
SarahAnderson 22nd
Lmf679 22nd
Emmazers 25th
Bumblebeesmum 26th
Coocoocachoo 26th
Cherryjellybean 26th
Simpatico 27th
Ladygonegaga 27th
Mynameiswinkly 27th
Jaykay987 27th
Kittybubbles 27th
superlambanana 27th
Rainbowweaver 27th
Batmam 28th
Stacks 28th
PoppySeed2014 29th
Mrsb2013 1st July
catslicer ???
airyfairy123 ???
SparklyMasterMummy ????
kirstlovestea ???
Junebaby2014 ???
Stacks ???
Kittygirl33 ???
Girlsgotink85 ???
Summer29 ???

Vickyvix Fri 22-Nov-13 16:48:49

Oh penguin I am truly sorry to hear this. Look after yourself, thoughts are with you and mr penguin thanks

KatAndKit Fri 22-Nov-13 16:48:52

So sorry penguin. Its cruel to get so far and then get bad news. Wishing you a speedy physical recovery and hope you have lots of support emotionally.

CarrotCakeMuffins Fri 22-Nov-13 17:10:44

Penguin I'm so very sorry to hear your news. I know how devastating it can be. Look after yourself and allow yourself time to get over it. Sending thanks

BEEwitched Fri 22-Nov-13 17:14:57

I'm sorry Penguin, such sad news for you. Sending lots of love.

wispaxmas Fri 22-Nov-13 17:48:48

I'm so sorry, penguin. It happens all the time, though.. Happened to my sister this time last year and she is currently 25 weeks pg, so thinking happy sticky thoughts for the next one for you.

On a lighter note, I checked out the champs élysées christmas market today and found a 'Baby Christmas' bib that I couldn't resist buying.

CleverOl10 Fri 22-Nov-13 18:06:07

Am devastated for you penguin sad

CleverOl10 Fri 22-Nov-13 18:12:31

On a bit of a downer today. Was so excited as today I was finally getting to tell my parents and my sister. When we told them my mum was so nonchalant and still has hardly mentioned it. She's more interested in playing with my son. When I told my MIL she was so excited and made me feel so special. I guess everyone is different. maybe it's because it's our second. hmm

littlepickly Fri 22-Nov-13 18:23:41

So sorry penguin, sending you big hugs thanks

Clever - my mum is a bit like that about the news, I told her a few weeks back and she has never been particularly excitable about it - and today she was questioning me because she thought I wanted a bigger gap between DD and next baby. I think it's all to do with control though as she doesn't like to not know stuff.

WifeofGru Fri 22-Nov-13 18:36:43

So sorry penguin for the loss of you little one thanks

AuntPittypat Fri 22-Nov-13 18:41:19

Oh Penguin, such sad news. Take care of yourself and I hope you're back on the antenatal group boards again soon. So sorry. thanks

wispaxmas Fri 22-Nov-13 18:42:43

Clever, for us it was the opposite. H's family were very 'meh' about our announcement whereas my mum jumped up and down squeeling! I know H's parents are probably excited for us. But I couldn't help feeling like maybe it's a reflection on how they feel about me? But then, we do get along and I think that maybe pg makes me more emotional and paranoid than I otherwise would be.

So, long story short: maybe you're over analysing the reaction and she is excited, but just not showing it?

MarlenaGru Fri 22-Nov-13 18:42:56

So sorry penguin thanks

misshoohaa Fri 22-Nov-13 18:51:41

Hi all,
Haven't posted for ages although have been stalking you all, I've been feeling so dreadful, having the energy to do anything has been impossible!

So sorry Penguin, that's really sad news and what a shock for you and your DH/DP. Hope that your follow up care is well managed and you get some rest and time to grieve.

Question for you all, I've had a bit of nude colour discharge 2 or 3 times over the past weeks but today had some watery blood when I wiped. I didn't call the midwife as it wasn't much and figure that I need to sit it out a little. Has anyone else had this? My morning sickness has tapered off in the last 48 hours (and I've been ill a few times a day for the last month) so that's either a bad sign of could be a coincidence. 9+5 today.

Hope everyone else is OK.

cheesysmile Fri 22-Nov-13 19:20:47

Oh Penguin im so so sorry flowers I hope you have lots of real life support to help you through this and of course we're all here for you.

Misshoohaa I don't really know but if its not much blood and no cramps or clots then will probably be fine. I know others have had bleeding and all has been ok. If you want to be sure your probably best ringing the midwife to book a scan in.

hackneybird Fri 22-Nov-13 19:41:00

penguin that is such sad news, my heart really goes out to you. I've had a couple of pregnancies that haven't progressed and it's just awful. Thinking of you.

CleverOl10 Fri 22-Nov-13 20:26:48

Thanks wispa I know you're probably right. She is excited I'm sure and will be when she processes it. We live a long way from her and she misses my son so I think she was too focused on him to react really. Pickly is probably right too as we've left it til 11 weeks to tell so she was a bit taken aback and out of control.

Thanks. Hopefully people will be pleased for us anyway.

GinandStripes Fri 22-Nov-13 20:36:22

Oh penguin I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. x

Liquidambar Fri 22-Nov-13 20:50:37

penguin I'm so sorry. Thinking of you. Look after yourself flowers

seatfor5 Fri 22-Nov-13 20:53:35

Oh Penguin I am so sorry to hear you news, hoping you a sticky bean soon x

GinandStripes Fri 22-Nov-13 21:03:15

I am finally the proud owner of a booking-in appointment (27th) and a scan date (6th)

I've had a little bit of a nightmare, it would seem that the midwife I saw at my GP surgery, who promised to call me the next day - left a lot of loose ends before going on holiday! All sorted now, so only mildly stressful.

I'm still feeling like utter poop - I can do little more than watch Grey's Anatomy and eat ginger nuts!

MTMD Fri 22-Nov-13 21:24:37

Gin we are sharing both booking-in and scan dates!! smile

GinandStripes Fri 22-Nov-13 21:29:48

MTMD And at the moment kinda sharing due dates too smile

Penguin, so sorry for your sad loss. Heart goes out to you & your dh.

thegruffalow Sat 23-Nov-13 11:04:43

hi again- i had my scan last thursday and i am NOT 11 weeks or 10 weeks- i am only 8 weeks pregnant so that day that i did the home pregnancy test was the day my body sensed i was pregnant. how odd.

i am 8 weeks and 5 days today so my new EDD is 30th of June

i get evening sickness still and mornings seem to fair better with me. i've managed to finally scrub the kitchen as i havent had the energy to do so before

Gin- yay! glad you are now sorted :]

Penguin- so sorry about your news sad

xxx

thegruffalow Sat 23-Nov-13 11:07:27

mishoo my midwife told me if it's bright red blood then its best to go to the hospital and get a scan but if its brownish then it should be ok. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now