Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Acid reflux suggestions?

(4 Posts)
pinkgem Tue 05-Nov-13 12:44:52

Hi there,

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and new to mumsnet, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for easing acid reflux?

As a general rule I don't take anything for anything, but I've got extra strength Gaviscon which I was taking when it got really bad, but now it's really bad all the time and the Gaviscon isn't working at all. This latest bout has lastest for 3 days so far and doesn't seem to be easing at all. It doesn't make a difference what I eat or don't eat, or what time of day it is, it's just really bad all the time.

I know some people say to drink milk but I don't drink cow milk or soy milk. Any other suggestions/home remedies/old wives tales?

MrsJamesMartin Tue 05-Nov-13 14:53:35

Omeprazole from GP was only thing that helped me this pregnancy

Clando Sat 09-Nov-13 22:04:46

Some ppl find Rennies, Tums or liquid gaviscon work best so worth trying a few products. If the acid v bad though you can get stronger stuff on prescription thru gp!

BigSuze77 Mon 18-Nov-13 19:20:10

Try loveheart sweets, worked wonders for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now