Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Martians 2014, thread 13. Who will win, team pink or team blue?

(1000 Posts)

New thread, hoes!

HotCrossPun Tue 22-Oct-13 16:53:38

Let's see how long it takes everyone to find this one!

Cassiopeia01 Tue 22-Oct-13 16:54:00

Am marking my place! grin

I would have linked but the old one was full. I blame Lumpy. wink

AndieDisestablishment Tue 22-Oct-13 17:18:13

Marking my place also. Having a beautifully relaxed afternoon at work. Three support workers on our ward so the MLU have nabbed me as there's only one midwife with a labouring woman (very slowly labouring) so I've cleaned and dried the pool, answered the phones (who calls delivery to ask for advice on constipation?!) and had a cuppa and slice of cake (that the midwife got me.) I like it round here.lol

MummyPig24 Tue 22-Oct-13 17:19:55

I'm here.

PiratesMam Tue 22-Oct-13 17:21:10

Nice one Lyra! When the kids are in bed I'm going to try to do a boy/ girl count.

All correct and present.

BakingEating Tue 22-Oct-13 17:47:32

Cake? Did someone say cake?

My back is really tight today. Is anyone else having this problem?

JustCallMeBaldrick Tue 22-Oct-13 17:54:12

Helloooo!
Baking my back aches if I walk more than a few steps. It's crap, isn't it?
I'm also getting random pains in the bottom of my bump. No idea what that's all about.

IceNoSlice Tue 22-Oct-13 17:55:50

I'm in!

Andie that sounds like an ace day.

Lovely scan news today smile sorry for not name checking individually but it's been a long day and was on t'other Fred or FB, can't remember where.

lumpylumps Tue 22-Oct-13 17:57:34

I take full responsibility!!!! Well, my phone does!!

HotCrossPun Tue 22-Oct-13 17:58:28

Baking I've made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. GBBO final is on tonight and I hate watching them bake delicious cakes and having none to eat grin

That's rubbish about your back. Is it maybe worth getting one of the bump bands for support?

lumpylumps Tue 22-Oct-13 17:58:50

Did too much today, spd not so good. I feel like someone's kicked me in the foof with steel toe caps!!

Teddybear4 Tue 22-Oct-13 17:59:16

Found you all. Soooo tired today. Half term lethargy is not good as the kids are running riot.

Good news on all the scans! Is team pink still winning?

lumpylumps Tue 22-Oct-13 18:01:25

Hey, I take that back, I don't accept the blame!!! It was Macd75

Hot, who do you want to win? I like Ruby. Whatserface with the hair is too smug. Frances is sweet but not a master baker imo.

Kimberley, that's the name I had a mental block on.

DP told me earlier about a story in the Turkish newspapers about a woman who went to visit her family for NINE days and left her TWO MONTH OLD baby at home alone hundreds of miles away. And she was surprised to find him dead when she returned home. Un-frigging-believable!! shock It's utterly beyond comprehension. And the woman is a primary school teacher, so presumably not mentally challenged.

Story here

Beccadugs Tue 22-Oct-13 18:25:52

Place marking. Cake makes me feel weird... sad

lyra that's horrific. Poor baby.

And I cannot abide Kimberley. I want to kick her teeth in everytime she pulls that passive aggressive smile.

lumpylumps Tue 22-Oct-13 18:43:52

Oh my god lyra that's shocking!!! How can people be so thick?!

HotCrossPun Tue 22-Oct-13 18:47:35

Lyra I want Francis to win, but I don't think she will. She is such a cutie and her cakes always look amazing.

BadlyWrittenPoem Tue 22-Oct-13 18:47:43

I find it beyond comprehension that someone could do something so stupid.

BadlyWrittenPoem Tue 22-Oct-13 18:49:39

Is anybody else getting bad dreams? I'm sure I only had them in the first trimester but this time I'm still having them.

This thread is not accepting new messages.