Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2014: The Maybies are growing humans - what's your superpower?

(1001 Posts)

We are superheroes grin

Sickness and scans galore in the latest installment of the Maybies' journey through human-growing.

What size is your baby? Find out - m.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx?MsdVisit=1

The Stats Page - ready for your due dates and baby names! - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvygwA-EKhURdDMwQWNNWGt0cHhmVkloazVVQ0hYNUE#gid=0

Cake, chicken nuggets, Shloer and whatever else we're craving is on the table ready grin

CbeebiesIsMyLife Mon 21-Oct-13 15:38:24

Moomin I love the Emma's diary post! Very very true!

hamncheese Mon 21-Oct-13 15:44:30

Ooh yay love blogs mine is Sandy's Castle named after my DS and our home move. Recent posts are a bit less happy than usual, I blame ms.

Going to nosey at yours now...

FrightFlea Mon 21-Oct-13 15:54:19

littlebairn if you are thinking that you are leaking more than the usual amount of discharge, then you should get yourself to the EPAU. Better to get it checked and told that it was nothing. Especially after what happened to you.

I was surprised myself how much extra discharge occurs from pregnancy but not so much that I would wonder if it was something other than cm.

<Warning, don't read if you have ms, food alert!>. My cravings have taken me to the dark side. I ate 2 hot dogs with pickled gherkins last night. I don't particularly like hot dogs and HATE gherkins. Usually. An alien has taken over my taste buds. It was lovely! -hangs head in shame-

Squiffie Mon 21-Oct-13 16:17:35

Woohoo, I'm here grin

I think a general location tab would be great - maybe just county for starters?

RosesInTheRain Mon 21-Oct-13 16:25:42

marking place, fab to hear good scan news today

My scan is tomorrow and I'm terrified... lots of history confused

Squiffie Mon 21-Oct-13 16:25:44

Frightflea you're a disgrace! Please get your coat and do t come back until you are eating 'normal' things please grin

Spirael Mon 21-Oct-13 16:32:04

Not convinced about the gerkins, but actually a hot dog sounds pretty good... :9 I wonder if I can persuade DH to change the meal plans for tonight.

dobedobedo Mon 21-Oct-13 16:34:29

With this pregnancy, I haven't had any consistent cravings at all. One minute it's melted cheese, the next it's mashed carrots and brown sauce and the next it's corned beef or something else. Dh is doing really well out of it because as soon as I buy a truck load of "the only food I ever want to eat", I immediately go off it.

At the minute he's got spicy nik naks, salt and vinegar mini chips, frozen yoghurt and cheese pizzas to get through!

CbeebiesIsMyLife Mon 21-Oct-13 16:58:31

I went to ikea on Saturdays and was really craving a hot dog. Hate the things so stayed away but you talking about them now makes we want to run out and buy some so I can cut them up in our pasta! hmm this kid has it's daddy's taste buds!

CbeebiesIsMyLife Mon 21-Oct-13 16:59:03

I could really eat a pizza about now too! Shame carbs are still making me feel off.

shanks313 Mon 21-Oct-13 17:04:39

I am really hating the idea of pizza right now.
I have had a mad thing for bacon.. My other pregnancies wouldn't go near bacon or mushrooms.
Couldn't think of anything to eat for lunch so had sausage roll and apple sauce
Got early scan tomorrow at 10 weeks .. Excited but also terrified that nothing will be there.
Sooo tired today.. Been wanting to sleep all day.. Had to ask in laws to pick up kids from school.

hamncheese and cbeebies, I've had a read of your blogs - love them smile now following (cbeebies I've liked yours on Facebook... I assume that's the equivalent of following on wordpress?)

thistlelicker Mon 21-Oct-13 17:38:20

Was there a Facebook group set up ?

CbeebiesIsMyLife Mon 21-Oct-13 17:59:50

I don't believe so thistle Moomin is talking about my Facebook page for my blog readers!

There are lots of ways to follow Moomin, Facebook is as good as any!

All this talk of food is making me hungry!

hamncheese Mon 21-Oct-13 18:00:43

No Facebook group yet thistle

Agree for location... Happy to disclose county here. Last time there were a lot of Scottish mums (I'm Scottish) randomly!

Following you too moomin smile

I've been getting the short lived cravings. Something is amazing for max two days then I can't look at it, so DH is left to Hoover up the remains. He's put on a stone in pregnancy weight with each baby so far hahaha

Last time I craved ice. I would go to Costco buy two massive drinks containers and fill them with ice from the machine instead of coke and then crunch away on the ice alllllll day long.

dobedobedo Mon 21-Oct-13 18:08:08

Haha hamncheese we're exactly the same, craving wise.

I'm okay to disclose county too. Northamptonshire here!

thistlelicker Mon 21-Oct-13 18:10:50

I've had weetabix as a snack set my blood sugars are low

randdom Mon 21-Oct-13 18:17:40

I'm in Sussex

Hamncheese I love your blog post on morning sickness. I just made my husband read it as it might give him a bit of an idea of why I am so moody.

We have just got to a nice hotel as it is our anniversary tomorrow. We have food booked for 7:30 and I am really hoping that there is something I can eat without being sick hmm

LittleBairn Mon 21-Oct-13 18:19:28

Frightflea I don't actually think I am leaking, I'm not damp or seeing anything, its more of a sensation. I've even been going around knicker less. blush
I am going to call my midwife for a talk tomorrow.
If anything its possibly bladder trouble I had a manual removal of my placenta with mini forceps, I haven't had any trouble with it before but maybe pregancy is just stressing it a bit.
Maybe its a sign to do some Pelvic floor excersise, anyone done them? Did it make any difference?

moobaloo Mon 21-Oct-13 18:20:28

Yay! new thread!

Blogs all very interesting, I love reading blogs and can spend hours of useful time browsing instead of making soup (like I was supposed to yesterday... oops)

I am so, so, so tired right now, I was in bed at 9pm last night. DP came through and said "if you think you're tired now, wait until it's born". He's right, but I threw a pillow at him anyway. (lucky I had nothing heavier to hand...)

I don't know what to cook for tea and it's stressing me out! confused potato omelette or cottage pie? aaaahhhhh

LittleBairn Mon 21-Oct-13 18:36:20

moo my DH the same points out it be no different when we have a baby, but right now its cosy inside me so I want some sleep!

I think I might be coming down with a cold too. At least I'm no longer working so I can veg out at home.

Xavielli Mon 21-Oct-13 18:37:23

Cbeebies I make cakes too smile mine can be seen on my Facebook profile ( www.facebook.com/RuthEBrennan ) it's the only part that's public.

I'm mad for meat at the moment and all things pickled. I managed to get up a hankering for chocolate today (after 6 weeks of not wanting it. Loving strawberry split lollies too.

Ooo I'd love a juicy peach!!

LongTailedTit Mon 21-Oct-13 18:51:47

LittleBairn - there's an MNer called GussieGrips who's downright evangelical about pelvic floor exercises, I think she's an HCP of some sort.
There was a thread recently where she said that a THIRD of women currently suffer some incontinence!! and that it can be generally be fixed (for most people) by doing pfe's three times a day for three months.
For the rest of us, we should be doing them once daily for the rest of our lives anyway!

I'm rubbish at remembering, probably do them three times a month, if that.... blush

But yes, def a wise idea to ramp them up during pregnancy. I had a bit of incontinence for a couple of days after DS was born, it was not good.

hamncheese Mon 21-Oct-13 18:54:09

randomm that'll set him straight ;) it was a bit of a mega rant. I just get fed up of those sort of smiles that's indicate they think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. I found another fab analogy... Imagine the norovirus...FOR TWO MONTHS.

As for sleep I am so so so so much more tired now than I was when DS was a newborn. Mind you I was particularly tired after seven months of two hourly wakings... But it was more a mental breakdown than a lot of tiredness!

dobedobedo Mon 21-Oct-13 18:55:06

Hamncheese your blog about ms is spot on!

This thread is not accepting new messages.