Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2014: The Maybies are growing humans - what's your superpower?

(1001 Posts)

We are superheroes grin

Sickness and scans galore in the latest installment of the Maybies' journey through human-growing.

What size is your baby? Find out - m.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx?MsdVisit=1

The Stats Page - ready for your due dates and baby names! - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvygwA-EKhURdDMwQWNNWGt0cHhmVkloazVVQ0hYNUE#gid=0

Cake, chicken nuggets, Shloer and whatever else we're craving is on the table ready grin

snoozysleeper Mon 21-Oct-13 13:53:30

How exciting a new thread!!

Thanks for setting it up moomin !!

bluestone85 Mon 21-Oct-13 13:53:45

Thanks moomin grin

dobedobedo Mon 21-Oct-13 13:55:07

hellooooooooooooooooooooooo!

smile anyone else into blogging? I've recently set one up and I'd be interested to read anyone else's if they do one smile

snoozysleeper Mon 21-Oct-13 14:03:57

I think I'll take the schloer smile I didn't realise anyone else was craving it too!!

snoozysleeper Mon 21-Oct-13 14:12:36

moomin I don't have a blog but if you want to share yours then please do smile

bluestone85 Mon 21-Oct-13 14:13:16

I think I've gone off chocolate....... not sure how that is possible! I'm a major chocoholic. This makes me very sad sad

bluestone I went right off chocolate for a few weeks. Still not overly fussed on it. Apparently it's quite common, happened to all my family at least.

bluestone85 Mon 21-Oct-13 14:17:35

Moomin Glad I'm not the only one. Oh well, will hopefully help my expanding waistline grin

LittleBairn Mon 21-Oct-13 14:26:53

moomin I don't blog (often thought about setting up a food related one) but love reading them.

Your not alone, ive been right off chocolate too even now I cant stand the smell of it when dd's have some.
The worst thing is I keep wanting tuna mayo sandwiches sad

Spirael Mon 21-Oct-13 14:28:12

I can still eat chocolate, but I'm not madly keen on it at the moment. I seem to be craving cool, refreshing things! Fruit is going down well, but what I reallyreallyreally want is a nectarine or a peach. Unfortunately they're not in season! [sob]

What I also want is an ice lolly. We have some in the freezer. At home. I'm at work... [wail] At least I can rectify that one later. smile By which point I probably won't want one anymore. hmm

Anyone else having weird/strong cravings? With DD it had to be cake and spicy curry! (But not at the same time. wink)

I technically have a much neglected blog, Moomin. But its primary purpose is to share updates and photos with family, who are spread pretty far and wide. So it's not very interesting reading, unfortunately! And would massively out me if I posted a link.

Mind you, speaking of outing... Would it be worthwile adding a (general) location column to the stats page? Then if there are groups of us in a similar area, it might be feasible to arrange some kind of meet up further down the line or after our lovely LOs are here. smile

thistlelicker Mon 21-Oct-13 14:30:44

I'm still really sleepy

If anyone's interested, here's my blog smile The Speed Bump

Spirael I think the craving that seems to amuse everyone I've told is the McDonalds chicken nuggets. Has to be McDonalds, any other type has suddenly started making me feel sick, when I used to love all types of nuggets hmm
Fruit is the big one for me too - anything sweet and juicy.

LittleBairn Mon 21-Oct-13 14:33:31

I've just suddenly started craving meat/protein. I am a former Vegan so it should be interesting. I've even done a meal plan and Shopping list for next week my appetite must be coming back.
I'm looking forward to being busy in the kitchen again.

LittleBairn Mon 21-Oct-13 14:34:57

thistle me too. I wasn't during my last pregnacy but this time around I'm permantly tired.

wm3010 Mon 21-Oct-13 14:39:11

Hi ladies - thanks for the new thread moomin. My scan is a week today, why does time seem to be passing so slowly?!

hobbjobb Mon 21-Oct-13 15:01:34

Ooh shiny new thread, thanks moomin

Massive sickness today but I've managed to hold down some hoummous and breadsticks so fingers crossed...

According to LMP I'm 10 weeks today, still no scan date yet, I'm itching to tell people!!!

Today's my day off so I've been curled up on my sofa with my purry little cat watching catch up tv of One Born Every minute and blubbing at everything.

Hope everyone has a great week

Flixy102 Mon 21-Oct-13 15:07:45

New thread thanks moomin! Ive also been reading your blog and ive really enjoyed it so far!

Scan tomorrow, finally!

snoozysleeper Mon 21-Oct-13 15:20:42

Yes moomin I agree with flixy you write very well!

bluestone85 Mon 21-Oct-13 15:25:42

Hehehehe Moomin love the blog! I also like the use of my visions of you invisible hula-hooping around the hospital grin I would do one, but mine would not be anywhere near as interesting.

dobedobedo Mon 21-Oct-13 15:27:23

Hey moomin I'll check out your blog when I get home. I used to blog but I won't share as it would totally out me!
These days I don't feel like I have anything interesting enough to say!

CbeebiesIsMyLife Mon 21-Oct-13 15:35:27

Moomin, I'm not sure if I've given mine to you already, but mine is Cakes, Kids and Other Ramblings I update very regularly, although I haven't blogged since Friday! Feel free to take a look!

This thread is not accepting new messages.