Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2014!!!! Hop on board and join the fun!!!

(972 Posts)

I got my bfp this morning and calculator says due July 4th!!!

Wow, that seems ages away!!

Feeling quite scared....can't wait for this bus to fill up, can't party on my own!! xxx

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Wed 20-Nov-13 22:34:33

thanks, he is recovering well. we are home.
so glad it's over!

<grabs a bunch of pee pots to hand out for MW appointments and jumps to new threadgrin >

MrsB2013 Wed 20-Nov-13 15:50:09

Zing hope everything went well with your DS op!

MrsB2013 Wed 20-Nov-13 15:49:02
DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 20-Nov-13 15:38:33

Zing - sending good thoughts your DS's way

BlueC2 Wed 20-Nov-13 15:01:19

Thinking of you and your DS Zing

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Wed 20-Nov-13 14:54:56

SmallOlympianBear

thanks. he's in surgery now.
I know they are looking after him and will do the best job but it is nerve wrecking, so many things can go wrong, no guarantees..

almost done though. can't wait to see him

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 20-Nov-13 13:52:29

Blue - you're a better woman than me! I wouldn't know where to start even before the fatigue set in. About to start on a pile of marking as feeling a little more human now. Really worried about getting through parents' evenings that finish at 9pm!

BlueC2 Wed 20-Nov-13 13:33:26

Just don't know how I'm going to get this work done sad feel so exhausted having had DS all morning, he's now napping but I want to do the same...instead I need to get my head into the world of pricing the construction of a new car park from next to no information...aargh! Deadline looming so I have to get it done but my brain feels like jelly! I can't be turning work down at the moment either as we somehow have to save up for me to have some time off with DC2 as am now self employed...deep breath...come on Blue...you can do it hmm

small hope MW meeting goes ok and better than you're expecting

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 20-Nov-13 13:24:11

Oooh. Good luck with that! Let us know how it goes.

SmallOlympianBear Wed 20-Nov-13 12:42:47

Zing hope your DS's op goes well today, thinking of you both.

I have my booking in appointment today which should be a good experience EXCEPT that I don't have a good relationship with my midwife (had her last time, there's no choice at my surgery). I politely requested not to have her after the birth (when there is an alternative) on the grounds that I found her unsupportive and that she failed to pass on basic information (won't go into the details but I later found out that I wasn't alone in this). I assumed that I'd be quietly assigned a new midwife. In actual fact they told her directly (how professional) and I she was crying down the phone to me 5 mins later! Of course I felt sorry as she obviously had other problems, but felt inequipped to deal with only days after giving birth. Anyway, on a scale of 1 to 10, how awkward do you think our meeting is likely to be?

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 20-Nov-13 12:34:31

I think I'm 6 weeks but not entirely sure. I've told my mum (DH works shifts, mum is retired so she is coming to some appointments for support). I've also had to tell work (I'm off today), due to appointments and the risk that I might need to leave my class at short notice to go and be sick. We're going to tell DH's family when we go out for dinner for his mum's birthday on Monday. He thinks she's going to be really excited.
We had discussed waiting for 12 week scan, but in my area it looks like it could be 14 week scan and I can't go through Christmas lying about why I'm not drinking.

Hi everyone ,just interested to see if anyone has told their news to friends and family yet ? As you know I told work yesterday so a few people there that needed to know now know .
But me and dp had a little argument last night ( it wouldn't normally have turned into an argument but I'm overly emotional at the moment ) . He's desperate to tell people ( close friends and family ) and I wanted to try to wait until 12 week scan. I agree that it will be hard we are very close to our families and I do want to tell them. I am just SO SO SO worried about mis carrying I can't get it out of my head. I am 6 weeks.

BlueC2 Wed 20-Nov-13 10:57:44

Just couldn't face swimming as felt so sick and worried I'd be too exhausted to get my work done this afternoon. Trying to keep DS1 entertained at home instead without resorting to too much Postman Pat! Going to try popping out for a short walk to burn off some of his energy though as I need him to nap well so I can work this afternoon! Hope everyone else doing ok. Rest well all of you that can!

baggyoldcow Wed 20-Nov-13 10:45:39

turnwest - the pathetic thing is I'm not even quite 5 weeks yet!! It's really weird. I'm not the slimmest person anyway but really, this is quite absurd. I'm really hardly eating anything! sad

ismarah one missed folic acid tablet won't do any harm, so don't worry.

elliejjtiny Wed 20-Nov-13 10:37:23

Good luck for your little boy's op today zing.

Welcome newbies

angel step away from the screening leaflets smile. My DS4 has a problem that was picked up at his 20 week scan. They took me into the "bad news room" afterwards and I cried and cried. But when he was born I loved him instantly and everything was so much easier than I thought it would be. The worrying about what would happen is by far the worst bit. Try and avoid reading about things that can go wrong.

Still feeling really sick and puking sometimes. I really want to stay in bed or at least stay on the sofa today but DS4's physio is coming later and the living room looks like a bomb has gone off in it.

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 20-Nov-13 09:39:27

had my flu jab Monday. I get one every year (due to asthma). Just a little warning, as well as leaving me with a VERY sore left arm. My temperature is up, my nausea is worse (although that could just be because I'm into week six) and my fatigue is ridiculous today (I went up to bed at 7:30 yesterday). I'm off work today, wrapped warm, and eating as bland food as possible. Feel like I need about 16 hours sleep a day at the moment.

turnwest Wed 20-Nov-13 08:35:48

suz I ve had quite bad cramping throughout first trimester with my other two pregnancies and everything was fine so it's definitely normal, I hope that makes you feel a little better.

baggy I m also getting horribly bloated, how far along are you? This is my third and I think I ll be digging out Mat jeans

soon as well. At the moment I m living in tights and woolly dresses, in an effort to hide everything!

picnic are the seven seas tablets hard to swallow? I m looking for easy to swallow pregnancy vitamins but they are all huge so at moment I m just on folic acid.

I m setting the midwife today, weird as I m only 5 and a half weeks but the receptionist at my new practice said I don't need doctors appointment and made me a midwife appointment instead. Still, it's useful I want to ask about vitamins and flu jab. Anyone had flu jab yet?

Hope you re all ok.

Hollyjokes Wed 20-Nov-13 08:20:03

Sounds like some of you have tough days ahead, wishing you lots of luck x

BlueC2 Wed 20-Nov-13 08:14:24

Maggie xpost really hope your day gets a bit better. Do you have a close friend or someone you trust who you could tell at work so when you're feeling v bad you can at least have a secret moan to them? I found that v helpful last time. Alas working from home now so noone to externally process to! Hang in there though 2nd Dec isn't too far away.

ismarah Wed 20-Nov-13 08:13:54

Someone please tell me missing one folic acid tab isn't the end of the world?! Literally one - yesterday. Am 7+4...

Good luck Zing with DS today. My experience as a kid after anaesthesia was that ice cream was my friend. So many popsicles and ice lollies mmmm

BlueC2 Wed 20-Nov-13 08:09:48

Morning all. jaykay and zing thinking of you with your different days ahead. I have DS1's swimming lesson this morning and then have a ridiculous amount of work to try and do this afternoon while he maps which is what I will also want to be doing

I will be so glad once we can all start to enjoy the second trimester with proper little bumps forming rather than the extreme bloat a lot of us have at the moment and we will have more energy and be happy to share our news rather than trying to hide it and feeling seriously rough!

Hope everyone's day goes ok

PS anyone know who stole the sunshine? So grey cold and wet outside I feel like hibernating!

AuntieMaggie Wed 20-Nov-13 08:07:09

Oh and I look delightful with my drag queen make up courtesy of doing it on the bus.

zing fingers crossed for today x

AuntieMaggie Wed 20-Nov-13 08:04:09

I feel crap again today sad I just want to hide under my duvet. I've had hardly any sleep, my throat is sore, everythings gone wrong this morning and keeping the baby thing quiet is getting to me.

My mw appt is on the 2 Dec which seems miles away and I don't know about scan yet. My diary is filled with long days of travel and being away up til xmas week. Argh.

MrsA2 Wed 20-Nov-13 07:53:27

Blue and Jaykay good luck with your long days. I have to do around a day a week in London for meetings and really struggled with one that needed a 5am start recently. I haven't really had too much nausea but that morning I was certain I was going to be sick on the train.

I hope today goes well Zing.

My sore boobs are back a bit although I still do feel a little better than I did. Will just have to see how it goes I guess and wait for my private scan next week.

Hope everyone has a good day. Booking in appointment for me today.

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 20-Nov-13 07:31:23

*their obviously - I'm ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now