Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2014!!!! Hop on board and join the fun!!!

(972 Posts)

I got my bfp this morning and calculator says due July 4th!!!

Wow, that seems ages away!!

Feeling quite scared....can't wait for this bus to fill up, can't party on my own!! xxx

LadyGoneGaga Wed 30-Oct-13 10:54:29

Ask them to refer you to the Early Pregnancy Unit at your local hospital. They'll most likely give you a number to ring and you'll at least get to talk to someone who has a clue. Makes me cross that you have to do the running around when you're already in a state.

Thanks lady, I went to the docs and had a blood test, the doc was so lovely and kind.
When I got home the midwife phoned (returning my call from earlier) and she said they won't see me at the early preg centre until I'm 6 weeks so end of next week! She said to go back to docs in a week and have another blood test and we'll take it from there depending on result! She did say if bleeding gets worse or I'm in pain then I should go to A&E.
she was very nice bit she did say that it's always better not to test until af is actually late! Easier said than done!
Anyway, I can't see that this will have a positive outcome much as we would both love it to sad

jaykay987 Wed 30-Oct-13 12:07:07

well that's great your doctor's saw you so quickly.

FX it'll be a sticky bean. Surely you're af is late by now? Lots of people get bleeding during their normal af time. FX for you.

LadyGoneGaga Wed 30-Oct-13 12:48:41

Oh Spinning it's so, so hard. But try and stay positive, there is a chance. Glad your Doctor was supportive. I would think you could probably have a second blood test sooner than a week though? They're most likely testing for HCG levels and lookign for a doubling rate to see if the pregnancy is viable. HGG meant to double every 48 hours? Might just give you something to grasp onto a bit sooner? Might be worth asking about.

Moochie01 Wed 30-Oct-13 13:10:28

Oh Spinning, so sorry to read all of this. I hope it will all be ok, everything crossed for you. Hugs

MrsB2013 Wed 30-Oct-13 13:55:07

Oh no Spinning sad I'm so sorry to read this. Hope the bleeding stops soon and the little bean is ok flowers

Thank you ladies....dp has made me stay in bed!

I don't think I can wait a week for further bloods.....I'll wait and see what they say when they phone about blood taken today which could be later or tomorrow morning. Maybe I can get it taken again on Friday?!

Although I am still bleeding it is only when I wee although this could just be because I'm lying down, iykwim!

I had some mild stomach pain earlier but none now and bleeding seems less than it was! I am definitely still feeling sick which I guess is a positive!

My 7 year old is so cute, I've told him I have belly ache and he just bought me up 2 rich tea biscuits and gave me a big cuddle while rubbing by belly smile

On and yes the blood tests are for HCG levels, she did keep saying a couple of days on the phone and then said a week!
So I think I'll Deffo try and go back on Friday.
Is it pointless using a pregnancy test at this time?

And yes Jaykay....af is late, would be nearly a week late!

And I'm sorry ladies for taking up today with my drama, it's good of you to take the time to read and reply.

jaykay987 Wed 30-Oct-13 15:33:32

no worries spinning It's so difficult in this time. It appears to be the most stressful - and it all happens whilst no one knows and so we have no one to talk to!

I seen to have cut myself off from the outside world. I'm avoiding calling friends or family as I can't not talk about this think that is taking over my entire brain! It's so so hard. Roll on 12weeks! smile

LadyGoneGaga Wed 30-Oct-13 18:38:20

How are you doing now, Spinning? Any better? Thinking of you.

FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy Wed 30-Oct-13 20:45:32

Spinning thinking of you. Hopefully you can get the blood test done earlier so you have an idea of what's going on sooner rather than later.

MrsB2013 Wed 30-Oct-13 21:23:43

Hi Spinning hope you are ok? We are all here to help each other, its so difficult this early if you haven't told anyone else. I'd of thought having another blood test on Fri would be best?

MrsB2013 Wed 30-Oct-13 21:29:40

Hi Any congrats and welcome! Any idea on due date?

Urgh I feel massive today! My belly feels so bloated, I'm worried people are going to start asking if I'm pg! Also felt really really tired today!

How is everyone else??

July Due Dates

Pencilsandprams - (26th June)
Jaykay - (27th June)
LadyGoneGaga - (29th June)
MrsB2013 - 1st
Jessieagain - 1st
AhoyMcCoy - 2nd
Mrsc020987 - 3rd
Taranta - 3rd
Spinningirl10 - 4th
Moochie01 - 4th
Lemonpoppyseed - 6th
OttersPocket - 7th
Boboli - 8th
FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy - 1st - 8th???
SomeDizzyWhore1804 - ???
AnyFuckingClue - ???

jaykay987 Wed 30-Oct-13 22:10:05

Me too mrs. I look about 5 months gone! I presume it'll disappear soon. All my trousers are super tight and uncomfortable - wore a dress to work today and I think I looked bigger!

Eek!

jessieagain Wed 30-Oct-13 22:25:41

Hello, sorry to hear about the bleeding spinning sad I hope it has gone and everything is better.

I don't know what to think. Had some pink watery discharge confused no pain and I don't really have any symptoms yet apart from horrible tast in my mouth. What do you think?

I have to add that I never get spotting and had no bleeding at all with ds.

5+2

AnyFuckingClue Wed 30-Oct-13 22:31:23

Provisionally, my EDD is the 9th July. Hope Spinning is OK...

jessieagain Wed 30-Oct-13 22:35:04

Just checked again, got a pad on now an there is proper blood. I think it is over sad

lemonpoppyseed Thu 31-Oct-13 00:57:38

Thinking of you both, Jessie and Spinning. I know it is the worst feeling in the world when you wipe and there is blood there. Hope tomorrow brings better news for you both.

jaykay987 Thu 31-Oct-13 05:10:22

Oh no. jessie can you call your gp? Are you still bleeding?

jessieagain Thu 31-Oct-13 05:50:52

Bleeding stopped. It lasted about an hour I think, too heavy to be spotting, more like a light period. But once it stopped it stopped for good, wiped and there was nothing.

Don't know what to think.

No pain or cramps.

Not going to work today and ds will be at nursery so I think I'm goin to try and rest and stay off google.

Nothing that can be done at this stage anyway, will think about seeing gp. But I'm not sure, it might just depress me further.

What do you think? I will go in if bleeding gets worse or if it gets painful of course.

jaykay987 Thu 31-Oct-13 08:19:23

ideally you need two blood tests a few days apart so they can see if the hcg is doubling at the right rate. so perhaps the earlier you go in, the quicker you can have the second test done and get your results?

as it only lasted an hour has to be a good sign. lots of people seem to get breakthrough bleeding.

FX for you

Mrsc020987 Thu 31-Oct-13 08:26:13

Really sorry to hear this spinning and Jessie, must be such a horrible worry, fingers crossed for you both

Has anyone fell victim to the tiredness? As soon as I got dd to bed at 7 last night I was sleeping too and that was me until this morning, and I've still got a bump! I've been trying to walk off the nausea, tea and a biscuit thn out for a walk...it has actually been working, anyone else any tips?

On the subject of bio oil totally concur, worked brilliant but expensive, when I ran out in last pregnancy I gave the asda little angles version a go, very cheap £1.50 it worked just as well, god knows how many bottles I went through I was putting it in my baths as well just be careful it's slippy!!

Well I've had a call from the midwife at the early pregnancy unit and she confirmed that I have had a mc sad

She said the levels of HCG were very low so therefore there's no need for a further test or scan. I had a lot of bleeding overnight so I thought that this would be the outcome but it is still a horrid thing to be told.

I wish I could stay here with you but I'll pop in now and again and see how you're all getting on......thank you so much for the support, it means a lot. It's a lonely time when no-one else knows and something goes wrong.

Wishing you all a healthy 8ish months xx

Jessie.....thinking of you, hope everything is ok for you xx

jessieagain Thu 31-Oct-13 09:34:56

jaykay that's what I'm hoping it is breakthrough bleeding. Af was due on the 25th. I found out I was pregnant a week before this as I have such a long lp and knew when I ovd. So a breakthrough bleed could be possible. I don't understand what actually causes a breakthrough bleed, so I'm still confused by that.

Also as I don't generally get any form of spotting/bleeding (apart from periods obviously) this has really knocked me and I don't know what to think or feel, I still have no real symptoms apart from taste in my mouth and I'm tired, but I didn't sleep well confused

I have booked a gp appointment for tomorrow was going to go in at some stage in the next week anyway for something else so I will go and see what they say and ask about blood tests.

About stretch marks I just used palmers with ds (although I didn't see it as often as I should've as I didn't like the feeling of rubbing it into my bump) and it worked well enough for me. Got a few very light stretch marks right at the end and these faded away completely a couple of months later.

Thanks for the fx! I think I will be needing them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now