Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2014!!!! Hop on board and join the fun!!!

(972 Posts)

I got my bfp this morning and calculator says due July 4th!!!

Wow, that seems ages away!!

Feeling quite scared....can't wait for this bus to fill up, can't party on my own!! xxx

MrsB2013 Tue 22-Oct-13 17:26:59

Aww congratulations Moochie and Happy Birthday!!!

I'm really nervous too as it's such early days!

MrsB2013 Tue 22-Oct-13 17:33:31

Jessie is this your first baby too?

Moochie01 Tue 22-Oct-13 18:17:30

Thanks ladies, still trying to get my head round it!!

Fingers crossed for a happy & healthy 9 months for us all!

jaykay987 Tue 22-Oct-13 20:32:44

So......telling OH tonight! No idea how Ill still be awake in three hours when he gets home though! I feel terrible today! So so tired.

I also seem to be very anxious. Is that a normal side effect does anyone know?

How's everyone else feeling?

MrsB2013 Tue 22-Oct-13 20:50:18

Jaykay how are you going to tell him??? I bet you can't wait!!

I feel normal at the moment, don't feel any different at all. Maybe I should be worried?

Jaykay, I found this, which may explain why it took longer for you to get your bfp?

"hCG levels are also higher in women carrying a female fetus when compared to women carrying a male fetus, so it is possible that the pregnancy test becomes positive later in women carrying a male fetus"

Moochie01 Tue 22-Oct-13 21:04:55

How exciting Jaykay, good luck!!

I feel pretty normal too, although have had quite bad heartburn since the weekend and a couple of sleepy afternoons. Luckily I'm off work this week.
Have also been a little bit crampy since yesterday but think that might be normal? Has anyone else had that?

Ah jaykay it'll be lovely to share your news!!

I'm really anxious about the baby!! Too much info is not always a good thing, just gives us more to worry about!

Mrsb that's an interesting thought.....wonder if its right!!

I have my booking in appointment with the midwife on Nov 19th, I'll be almost 8 weeks then. Hoping I'll get my 12 week scan before Christmas!

Is anyone else more emotional than usual? Three times today I've started crying!!

jaykay987 Wed 23-Oct-13 13:38:15

that's exciting spinning I'm very jealous! I went to see the doctor today. Now I have to wait for the midwife to call me back to arrange my booking in. Im hoping I don't have to wait too long!

DH was shocked to say the least! grin. Don't think he believes it yet!

4w +5

jaykay you're a week ahead of me so I should think you'll see midwife sooner!

How was your doctor appointment, did he do much?

Ahh sounds like it was a shock to your dh!! We were the same as we hadn't expected it.....at least not quite so soon!

MrsB2013 Wed 23-Oct-13 14:22:55

I'm hoping to see my doctor on Fri, they had no pre bookable appointments left so have to ring on the day!

Spinning, I had a good cry last night, think I'm still in shock and it doesn't feel real. I'm so scared of everything to do with having a baby!!

My DH was shocked too, this was our 3rd month of trying!

4w +1 (I think)

jaykay987 Wed 23-Oct-13 15:02:35

ahh no mrsb don't cry! Although I did cry in the car listening to teen awards on radio one on the way to work yesterday

I feel so so tired. No idea when I'm going to get my work done! I'm running to the toilets every half hour to close my eyes for 3minutes! grin
I've decided if I get some work done this afternoon I might treat myself to a visit to mamas and papas on the way home!grin There's an out of town style store on my way.

Seems the hormones have a lot to answer for!!

I'm really tired as well....planning a night in bed with a bit of tv and hopefully a good nights sleep!

jaykay....mamas and papas sounds great! I can only look online at that store. I did have a little look in Debenhams yesterday at tiny newborn sleepsuits.....so cute!

jaykay987 Wed 23-Oct-13 20:54:38

Disaster. Shop window has different opening times to the website. So I sat in the car park and cried! I am pathetic! Today has been a hard day.

Ahh jaykay

What a shame.......I've been crying all day over stupid things, thank god we can come on here and be with similar folk!! Xx

And you're not pathetic....you're pregnant!! grin

jaykay987 Wed 23-Oct-13 21:35:00

Hope so! I wish someone would check!

MrsB2013 Wed 23-Oct-13 21:45:09

Oh no jaykay don't cry!

Have you all been looking at baby stuff online yet? I keep looking at pushchairs lol

jaykay987 Wed 23-Oct-13 21:53:26

No, not yet.

Im trying to find out more about the different test and things. It's annoying I cant find all the information in one place!

MrsB2013 Wed 23-Oct-13 22:05:45

I know what you mean! I'm still looking into the Harmony test, think I'd have to go to London for it and it's so expensive!

I got the seven seas pregnancy vitamins today and they are massive! Will start taking them tomorrow.

I still don't feel pregnant, my boobs still feel normal too, hope its growing ok in there!

I haven't looked at any baby bits yet but have been thinking about tests.....I didn't have any extra tests before and I was last pregnant at 34, I'm 41 now so it's something I seriously need to think about!
I shall also see what my midwife advises.

MrsB....with my first dc I had no symptoms except peeing more, that was through the whole pregnancy. I didn't really believe I was pregnant until I saw baby at the 12 week scan!! grin

Pencilsandprams Thu 24-Oct-13 11:54:28

HI ladies, can I join? I'm technically going to be straddling two boards as I think my EDD is 26th June, but I am bound to be late so will probably end up with a July baby!

I'm 28, this will be my second (dd is 13 months).

RE the Clearblue Digital, JayKay the 1-2 weeks thing is the time from conception, not from your last period, so it'll always be about 2 weeks behind the gestational age. Does that make sense?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! x

jaykay987 Thu 24-Oct-13 13:19:42

hello pencil!!

yep - I know that - but as I was part way through week four technically I should be 2-3 weeks on the test.

I last did one Tuesday. I've decided to do another with tonorrows fmu. FX I see an increase! grin

Pencilsandprams Thu 24-Oct-13 13:33:16

Ahh sorry, I didn't even see the second page of this thread when I posted! Didn't mean to sound all know-it-all! It's only because I did the exact same thing and panicked, buying another pack of tests, assuming there was something wrong with the pregnancy!

jaykay987 Thu 24-Oct-13 13:45:39

no worries. when I showed OH he said.....so are you 12 weeks or half a week? grin grin grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now