Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014. The cake mix is in the mug, the microwave is on, it's slowly rising and we'll be pinging in three more months!

(1000 Posts)
Shropshiremummy2B Mon 21-Oct-13 06:25:58

Sadly my cake mix is rising too much and resulting in a serious muffin top.

KalevalaForMePlease Mon 21-Oct-13 06:31:42

Haha, me too. Was away on holiday at weekend and just looking at the photos. blush At least I look pregnant now, rather than fat!

barebranches Mon 21-Oct-13 07:10:49

Marking place
Determind to talk more on this thread... no preg real life friends so i need you ladies!

KalevalaForMePlease Mon 21-Oct-13 07:23:13

I always mean to post more too... Then I come on and it's at 500+ messages. I'm playing catch up from that point on! A chatty bunch!

laura0007 Mon 21-Oct-13 07:38:22

Checking in....morning ladies!

winterflowers Mon 21-Oct-13 08:34:19

Checking in as well, and in just a few days I'll tip over into the three months and many days to go as well. It's so exciting getting closer, only eight weeks left at work as well grin

Have a happy Monday preggos!

jazzcat28 Mon 21-Oct-13 10:07:56

Checking in thanks for the new cake-themed thread Shrops.

23+1, days at work remaining 62, cake tally for this week 0

Somanychanges Mon 21-Oct-13 12:43:15

Checking in. Ok I have lost track of how many weeks I am. Sassy are you around? I think there is a days difference between us. I just stopped counting and now I am confused confused

Help!

sunflowered Mon 21-Oct-13 13:16:33

Ok, I think I need less cake, not more - just bumped into a colleague who is a) a mum and b) used to be a gp (therefore bump expert in my eyes) and she guessed from the size of my bump I was about six months sad (22+2... just hit the 5 month mark last week...) I responded logically by eating two of the leftover cupcakes I'd made for this morning's workshop and complaining about my achey, unexercised back.

Must say though, my new oven makes excellent cakes, I predict I'm going to get very well acquainted with it during mat leave. 12 months of time to bake... 55 working days to go
.. Newborns' needs can fit around cake baking, can't they? wink

EeyoreIsh Mon 21-Oct-13 13:19:44

hope call the midwives and get seen. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. If you're rhesus negative you'll need some anti d.

sunflowered my main reason for wanting a sling is so I can feed/carry and cake bake smile I'm sure baking and eating cake is good for the soul.

Julietee Mon 21-Oct-13 13:24:56

Has anyone else experienced a drop off in preg symptoms?
I only have to get up to wee once a night atm, if that, and it's suddenly a lot easier to get comfortable to sleep (much less hip-based ligament awkwardness).
Me being me, I am worried.
And I read in that study about sleeping on your back that there seemed to be a correlation between drop off in symptoms and bad outcomes, but that was much later in pregnancy.
Also baby is super quiet today which doesn't help.

Julietee Mon 21-Oct-13 13:33:32

Somany If you know your DD, you can see what week you are from this:
http://www.pregnology.com/faralong.php

Somanychanges Mon 21-Oct-13 13:48:17

Ok I will be 23 weeks on Wednesday. Yup back on track now.

22+5

HopeS01 Mon 21-Oct-13 13:57:17

Thanks ladies, I've called the midwife and surprise surprise NOT, straight to voicemail. I've also left a message for my GP (which might seem OTT but the MW only works tuesday) hmm

DawnOfTheDee Mon 21-Oct-13 14:24:58

Julietee I find pg symptoms can vary depending on where your LO is lying. Mine spend a good few days using my bladder as a trampoline but seems to have shifted now and I'm feeling kicks elsewhere.

Have you tried a very cold fizzy drink and lying on your left side? That often gets lazy little one's moving. If you're still concerned though phone your mw or hospital and they can advise you. x

Sassy20 Mon 21-Oct-13 14:52:09

Somany - just seen your message. I must be a day ahead of you as 23 weeks on Tuesday smile

In terms of tens machine that someone asked about - I rented one from Boots which was good.

Somanychanges Mon 21-Oct-13 14:55:38

Did someone have a discount code for Next?

Whoputtheramintheramadamadingd Mon 21-Oct-13 15:21:34

I just bought a breast pump. I could have bought a lovely pair of shoes for the same money. Times they are a-changing.

Whoputtheramintheramadamadingd Mon 21-Oct-13 15:22:16

Also finally found a comfy bra. Thank you Cake lingerie. Also your brand name is MUCH better than Hot Milk, so props for that.

marzipanned Mon 21-Oct-13 15:35:06

Woops posted on the old thread by mistake so reposting here...

Hope definitely call your mw, it's probably nothing serious but very important to check!

I am having a nightmare with sleep. Struggling to fall asleep and waking up for hours in the night, then napping all day which perpetuates the cycle. But forcing myself to get up and start the day is tough when being up means so much vomiting!!

Missk that's a really generous offer to forward the emails, Id love that. Let me know if you have my address from fb group and if not I'll pm you smile

15+1 TO GO

jenpatnim Mon 21-Oct-13 16:22:12

Hey all, marking place also.

23+3 today.

Hope, I had some tiny bleeding last weekend and called the maternity hospital. They checked my blood type and told me to ring them back or come in if it got any worse.

I slept badly last night which meant tiredness this morning - but I am glad I am back on the ondansetron as I have been feeling quite sick today. I think OH and I are planning to go out for dinner as it is our anniversary today - we met 4 years ago today AWW lol.

treegreen Mon 21-Oct-13 16:32:46

Hi All, marking place too.

26 wks today... and I don't think much of these Hicks contractions... ug!

tinypolkadot Mon 21-Oct-13 16:47:29

Hi everyone, just marking my place! My phone is still dead so I'm trying to read at work when I can.

23+6 today

treegreen Mon 21-Oct-13 16:54:11

does anyone else still get nausea with occasional vomiting.. ?

jenpatnim Mon 21-Oct-13 17:01:11

Tree I do.

This thread is not accepting new messages.