Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013: no pushing in from the back of the bus, please

(1000 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Tue 08-Oct-13 12:01:49

Stats sheet here

[[ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0AidVHHwJSwC3dDU2VzFhWWt1ckg4dW84WkdCNzhOaFE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=1 New arrivals here]]

Key:
SC - still cooking (pre EDD)
SFW - still f***ing waiting (post EDD)
OWT - on way to theatre (CS)
IP - induction in progress
SWIL - somewhere in labour
LIT - lost in transition

Haylebop12 Tue 15-Oct-13 17:40:54

roofio I also did as jelly did. In the evening I would sterilise the bottles and add boiled water. I would then store all bottles in the cupboard until they needed using (always within 24 hours though) and add formula as needed. Therefore at room temp and also was given to dd at room temp. Ds has been having the odd formula out and about bit I'm lazy and use cartons at that point! However as a long term option that would be very costly!

Will catch up later as time is of the essence... Can't believe all the babies!

MrsHoratioNelson Tue 15-Oct-13 17:42:44

Congratulations Diege and flyer whoop whoop! Glad to hear all well.

Baby C had a great feed of 40 minutes earlier - probably imperfect latch but better than nothing. He was too sleepy and uninterested just now so another 2mls by syringe, which is better than nothing. I think I've identified my "good" boob too grin

thanks brew and cake all round, although we really should have a post-natal [toast] icon thingy smile

I prob make my feeds up wrong but it works for us. I fill the kettle and boil then when I make up a bottle,I reheat/reboil sort of half the way to hot but not too hot for DD and add to the powder. Willow hates cold bottles and so did Ds so it just easier that way for us. I had her weighed today and she is 10lb 4oz now smile I can't believe she will be a month old soon where did that time go?

Readyasilleverbe Tue 15-Oct-13 18:13:45

Congratulations flyer! Hope pain settles down quickly. X
Sorry to all those having a tough time with bf, hopefully you'll get the support you deserve.
Yes I do have a blasted ant placenta which is not helpful but the dodgy ctg traces over the wk end have sadly fuelled my paranoia! Had a day of reasonable movements so far so calmer this pm!

favellio Tue 15-Oct-13 18:45:08

Hi everyone, thought I'd better check in because haven't had a chance to get on here since I was on the Neonatal ward with Jack, almost 2 weeks ago. I have kept up to date with the scrummy new arrivals on Facebook though grin
Just wanted to send my love to everyone and hugs to those still cooking. I'll get round to catching up when I can stop kissing and cuddling my gorgeous little boy lol xxx

Hi favellio, is all ok with Jacks head now?

Feeling a bit fed up tonight. DH is working really long hours to try to get things done before he goes on paternity leave so other than a rushed breakfast and a late dinner every night before immediately going to sleep I don't see him in the week. Obviously we don't know when the baby will come so I think he will just keep running himself into the ground with stupid hours until whenever that is (could still be 2 weeks) and will crash when the baby finally comes. He is thinking it will be two weeks when he can rest but that is not going to be the case!

favellio Tue 15-Oct-13 19:05:42

His head's healing really well thanks Orange. He'll still be having follow up appointments at the local hospital and Addenbrookes to monitor his progress. He's so content, you'd never have guessed his start to life smile

Sanjifair Tue 15-Oct-13 19:08:48

That's good news favellio. I was wondering how he was getting on. Might see you at Addenbrookes if I ever go into labour, that is.

I am so glad it doesn't seem to bother him favellio. That's great to hear he is doing so well. I still can't believe it happened. Babies are very resilient I suppose.

ananikifo Tue 15-Oct-13 19:29:24

Favellio it's good to hear that you and Jack are doing well!

funkky Tue 15-Oct-13 19:34:06

Glad to hear about your baby fav
Congrats flyer on your baby!!'
orange DH was similar and kept thinking he would be bored during paternity, so scheduled loads of house chores to do, his second week us nearly up and he has barely touched anything on his to do list. He's barely slept....

Flyer747 Tue 15-Oct-13 20:32:30

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Shire really sorry to hear you and Al have been admitted into hospital. thanks

My little girl is still in high dependency in an incubator I'm so sad sad. I know she's in the best place but I feel completely useless and a failure not being able to help her. She won't latch on and just cried as she is getting frustrated. I can hardly move I'm in so much agony when I do so visiting her is virtually impossible. I went around earlier to see her in a wheel chair but nearly passed out as my bp dropped to 75/40.

Dp is mainly with her and I'm so glad one of us can be there.
The poor mite has had to have blood tests and a lumber puncture to rule out meningitis. I just want my baby to be well....

She has had formula so far given by the nurses.

Will report back what her initial blood tests have said.

Sorry for the me me me self indulgent post.

MrsHoratioNelson Tue 15-Oct-13 20:33:01

Hello again everyone. C still not wanting to latch - he just lies there with my nipple in his face waving his mouth around in front of it. He wont go back on after his earlier feed sad. Been giving him EBM via syringe but I'd quite like to get feeding with him and go home... Feel like we're wasting DH's paternity leave at the moment. MW I'm seeing most of is a student and nice enough but i cant help wondering whether someone with more experience (or the support worker from earlier who got him going) would have more luck confused

PseudoBadger Tue 15-Oct-13 20:45:07

Oh gosh Flyer I'm sorry she is so poorly sad Thinking of you xx

xuntitledx Tue 15-Oct-13 20:49:16

Sorry to hear that flyer - hope you get the all clear soon.

mrsh - can you ask for a second opinion? Buggar to offending anyone...if you think you might get a different/better response then go for it!

Readyasilleverbe Tue 15-Oct-13 20:59:04

Flyer sending you lots of love and hugs. So sorry to hear Alexandra is having a tough time, poor little thing. But she is in the best place and they will have her sorted on no time I'm sure. I hope you're getting tlc yourself too. Big hugs.
Sorry you're having trouble too mrs h. Try not to put yourself under more pressure by worrying about wasting time. It seems that a few others have had similar probs and they have got there in the end. Xx
Love to you too shire.
A rough evening. Xxxx

Pinkforboys Tue 15-Oct-13 20:59:18

Oh flyer Congratulations and big hugs. I hope she's out of special care and with you soon xxx

ananikifo Tue 15-Oct-13 21:07:08

Oh flyer I'm sorry it's so hard right now. I hope you both recover and get to be together soon.

Sanjifair Tue 15-Oct-13 21:14:13

It is indeed a rough evening on the thread. cake and thanks for flyer and MrsH.

Ellie15 Tue 15-Oct-13 21:15:07

Sorry haven't really caught up on the thread for a while just wanted to say baby Aiden William was born 14/10 at 1.30am weighing 9lb 14oz. From first contraction till end took 24 hours with 2nd degree tear, was pretty difficult birth for me due to his size and am in a fair amount of pelvic pain (back & front) so DH has to lift my legs in and out of bed. Baby not feeding very well and developing jaundice also has had formula top up tonight. Finding all the different positioning advice from all the different midwives confusing.

Lots of love & hugs to those SC & SFW and new mums too

flowers Flyer and congratulations to Ellie. Sorry is many of you are having a tough time.

We need a new thread! Someone give me a title!!

Shootingstarsandcomets Tue 15-Oct-13 21:22:30

Hugs to flyer and shire
Hope it is not meningitis flyer and hope that you feel much improved tomorrow. A cs is horrid I remember being in so much pain initially but it did ease dramatically after the first day or so, so fingers crossed yours does too.

dontworryjustpanic Tue 15-Oct-13 21:44:35

flowers to Flyer, Shire & Mrs H thinking of you & your lo's.
Really glad baby Jack is doing well.
Sanji - my aunt was telling me about a study of overdue ladies being given reflexology & results showed significant number went on to labour naturally compared with those who didn't have it. They also seemed to cope better with the pain & labour time reduced by up to 4 hours. Must be worth a try! Midwife told me yesterday to be v careful not to get constipated as a full bowel can hinder the head from dropping to engage. Good luck.
(Sorry don't know how to post link to that study on my phone)

This thread is not accepting new messages.