Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013: no pushing in from the back of the bus, please

(1000 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Tue 08-Oct-13 12:01:49

Stats sheet here

[[ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0AidVHHwJSwC3dDU2VzFhWWt1ckg4dW84WkdCNzhOaFE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=1 New arrivals here]]

Key:
SC - still cooking (pre EDD)
SFW - still f***ing waiting (post EDD)
OWT - on way to theatre (CS)
IP - induction in progress
SWIL - somewhere in labour
LIT - lost in transition

MrsHoratioNelson Tue 08-Oct-13 12:02:45

Bugger

births here

ananikifo Tue 08-Oct-13 12:41:05

Thanks for the thread, MrsHN!

I'll be going to bf group at the children's centre now. I told the mw on Monday how down I've been and how I'm trying to get out of the house more and she encouraged me to come even though I don't have a baby yet. I does say "expectant parents welcome" on the timetable but but I'm afraid it's gonna be awkward. Wish me luck!

Hope it is useful and people are friendly Ana. smile

xuntitledx Tue 08-Oct-13 13:14:07

loving the name of the new thread!

Pinkforboys Tue 08-Oct-13 13:17:38

Checking in... and loving the name too.

Is anyone else on the Vente Privee email list? They've got a Vertbaudet sale today with some really slashed down prices here You might have to sign up to see it though.

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 08-Oct-13 13:23:22

Checking in at 39+2, my last full day being pregnant! Csection tomorrow... I'm a bit terrified to be honest. Sorry if this counts as pushing in as I'm a 13ther!

Hope you are all well smile

claphammama Tue 08-Oct-13 13:26:38

thanks for the new thread MrsH and good title! (although I'm hoping to jump the queue hehehe....) now you can go and have your baby grin

hope you enjoy your class ana!

my choux pastry is now in the oven... it looked OK (I think confused) but my attempt at producing my own piping bag was truly pathetic... so ended up spooning it on the tray... who knows what shape they are going to be. They looked a mess. I can't wait... I need to get a life... or a baby?

Smitten1981 Tue 08-Oct-13 13:29:13

Afternoon everyone. Just checking in. 37+6 SC!

claphammama Tue 08-Oct-13 13:29:54

by the way, not sure how many of you remember my work saga and all the stress I had a few months ago... so... my inadequate and emotionally immature manager has just got sacked... following the feedback from our team ie. 7 of us... wow... I'm slightly shocked... justice in this world??

Flyer747 Tue 08-Oct-13 13:34:11

I certainly WON'T be jumping any queue. My fat ass is firmly fixed on the back row with the rebels after my mw app.

39+2 she did me a sweep, found it fine didn't hurt no probs there. Cervix still prosterior and long and thick confused

She could feel babies head though and my notes say 4/5 so does that mean 4/5 engaged or only 1/5 engaged, it confuses me so if anyone can shed light please do.

Shire glad to hear you are going home.

Pink good news monitoring all ok.

Clapham post a pic of your profiteroles on fb so we can all drool over them.

Pinkforboys Tue 08-Oct-13 13:35:34

What is it with all of you due on the 13th?! Enjoy today Heffa

Orange (was it you?) not my last monitoring, I'm booked in for next week too. The Doc said I could ask for a sweep- but I"m not sure who he meant nor when confused Would that be the ladies in the Maternity Day Unit? And next week (I'll be 39+4)??
I'm not booked in to see anyone else before Induction Day so I guess that's my only chance.

MoN You must be a very well-loved Mum for your DCs to miss you so. I hope you get to balance your time successfully- and as others say, without missing out yourself.

I'm off to meet CAMHS woman now to find out how to help DS get over his occasional self-destructive behaviour, and adjust to being a big bro. If I get any useful info from her I'll be sure to share it with you all.
Just got to get out of this chair and put my shoes on [heave...]

Natalieand Tue 08-Oct-13 13:36:19

clapham I am a fellow Friday night dinner fan, funny stuff!

flowers to all those feeling down and SFW

Enjoy taking your baby home shire

Sympathies to all those struggling with breast feeding xx

flyer I can't remember which airline u work for but I'm almost certain I have never flown with them as the only good I've ever seen on a aeroplane looks and smells like vomit unless its a tub of Pringles off the trolley lol

I feel like crap today keep getting the shakes despite eating plenty and I'm drinking lucozade go keep my sugar levels up

MoN sorry your still struggling I hope u manage to find a resolution that suits all of your family x

pseudogood to hear your little ones heart problem isn't causing any issues I hope ds enjoys meeting his baby sister this afternoon x

No idea what else I've read so apologies to everyone

SC @ 39+1 and feeling quite upset as I've now had two sweeps cervix closed on both of them and really thought I would have had the baby by now which I no might sound rediculous as I'm technically not due also someone at the baby/toddler group I go to said 'I bet (friend) has her baby first u no just u wait and see' I felt like stabbing her in the eye balls as the girl in question is a week behind me :'( some ppl r so insensitive
And with regards to the school run I get asked by the pre school teachers oooo how long left now I wish I could simply say 'one day less than yesterday' without sounding rude!

Haylebop12 Tue 08-Oct-13 13:37:14

Checking in...

After a pretty rough night I've just had a lovely two hours and Isaac is just waking to be fed... Again. If this guy hasn't put weight on I'll eat my hat! Had a wobble about bf last night as I was truly exhausted and told myself I was going out to buy formula this morning but alas I was to tired to go shop and all is well in the world again. He still won't keep his latch without a shield but I figured its protecting me from sore cracked nips anyway. Bf lady visiting tomorrow as well as HV and neonatal team. Kinda want everyone to buggar off now and leave me to it!

orange in a way I'm glad dh is back at work. As awful as it sounds I'm just not used to having him around quite so much and he's a lazy sod who's just complained all week how tired and I'll he is. I feel like I can get on with it now iyswim?

Where's nat?

Good luck tomorrow heff!

Haylebop12 Tue 08-Oct-13 13:37:34

Haha there you are nat!

Flyer747 Tue 08-Oct-13 13:45:53

Oh god this gets more depressing I've just googled it and it says 4/5 means only 1/5 of the head in engaged in my pelvis.

I'm going to walk to the end of the earth later on the have a shag fest romantic night whatever will be a quickie, needs must in the hope it does something!

Hayle it sounds like you are getting on fine on your own.

Sorry to hear things aren't more progressed flyer. My midwife records as the number of 5ths the head is in, but others write how much is still palpable so you would have to ask your midwife how she does it.

MrsHoratioNelson Tue 08-Oct-13 13:50:32

Wow Clapham that's fairly direct feedback! And your choux pastry should be fine if not piped I think. The experiment will be tasty at least!

Heff medical necessity is of course a permitted exception to the ban on queue jumping smile

claphammama Tue 08-Oct-13 13:51:50

good to see you back smitten!

by the way, we haven't heard from soupqueen for ages now... soupqueen are you there...?? Or MrsO?

flyer I'm selfishly pleased you are not leaving me at the back on the bus... our rebel ranks are decreasing every day...

hayle glad all is better with BFing today. It is hard... no question about it

nat don't worry your time will come!

choux pastry looks good!!! where do I buy piping bags? just in any supermarket? I seem to be unable to make one myself...

Natalieand Tue 08-Oct-13 13:52:30

I'm here hayle clinging on for dear life. I feel like ringing my midwife and bullying her into bringing my induction forward to next week instead of the 21st. I literally feel like I can't physically cope with another 24 hours of pregnancy never mind another 13 days! (Induction is oct 21st)

Good to hear u and Isaac are doing so well :-) how is Amelia now he's had a full week home? Xx

PseudoBadger Tue 08-Oct-13 13:53:51

Hayle - if Isaac keeps slipping off latch has anyone checked him for a posterior tongue tie? DS had one undiagnosed - and it really does make things so much harder. Having fed dd a few times now the difference so far is amazing.

claphammama Tue 08-Oct-13 13:54:21

ps. still need the bloody piping bag for the cream MrsH... unexpected obstacle today!!

and enjoy your last day heffa! smile

Shootingstarsandcomets Tue 08-Oct-13 13:54:43

flyer don't fret about the engaged bit, sometimes they don't engage until labour starts.
Ds is poorly so my day off is being spent lugging him about on my hip and administering calpol <sigh>

MrsHoratioNelson Tue 08-Oct-13 13:57:38

Clapham you might be able to get one in a supermarket but certainly Lakeland will have them. If all else fails you can sometimes snip the corner of a flat freezer bag, but that's not so easy with something stiff like choux pastry cos the bag might split.

Hayle whatever gets you through - and fingers crossed for weight gain. I'm kidding myself that going into labour will solve all my problems aren't I? I'm just going to swap one set of worries for another, much bigger set grin

claphammama Tue 08-Oct-13 14:01:46

corner of a plastic bag... genius mrsH... I only need it for cream now so should work!

shooting hope your DS is better soon. Must be tough looking after a sick toddler when so heavily pregnant...

and pink yes, please share any wisdom after your school meeting. Also very much needed here...

This thread is not accepting new messages.