Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in May 2014? The Maybies Roll On Together... Come Join Us!

(995 Posts)
ThePFJ Mon 07-Oct-13 21:49:56

New Thread!!!!

Update the stats here with your EDD's, Scan Dates and Baby Names!!
Maybies Stats Page

Settle down for cake, sympathy and lots of laughs! xxx

Squiffie Mon 21-Oct-13 12:11:34

I've got a raspberry and my edd is 31/5/14 so you're probably right [snoozy]

Squiffie Mon 21-Oct-13 12:13:33

^^wrong punctuation chosen snoozy thing I need a snoozy icon <yawns>

Squiffie Mon 21-Oct-13 12:14:11

*think aaaargh!

snoozysleeper Mon 21-Oct-13 12:17:48

Haha squiffie happens to all of us!

dobedobedo Mon 21-Oct-13 12:21:41

Lovely to hear good scan news! smile

Hezbean Mon 21-Oct-13 12:27:33

Congrats on the scan news! Lovely way to start the week xxx

Xavielli Mon 21-Oct-13 12:28:37

Hoorah for good scans!

Sorry to those feeling sad today <3

My baby is a plum at the moment smile I'm beginning to get used to the idea of another baby... Which must mean I'm starting to feel less poorly. I even managed to cook a roast dinner yesterday - chicken, DP had asked for beef but I don't think I'd have been able to cope with the smell of it cooking.

Those of you worrying about going from 1-2 or 2-3 you'll be fine. After the first one you just tuck the others under your arm and soldier on! Only thing I'm worried about with number 5 is where I'm going to put it... There are already 6 of us and we only have a 2 bed house.....

bushprincess Mon 21-Oct-13 13:01:47

great news pixie and mcbaby! you must be over the moon!!

I'm nervous enough about going from 0-1 shock

Xavielli Mon 21-Oct-13 13:21:35

That's the big one moomin smile definitely takes the most adjusting too. You'll be grand.

LittleBairn Mon 21-Oct-13 13:25:06

Feeling a bit better today, don't think I actually am leaking it's just a sensation at least I don't (always) find any damp patches or cervical mucus.
So trying not to focus on it, I went through a faze of this last month and it really effect my emotions.

Very pissed off to find out my scan isn't for another 2 weeks when I will be 14 weeks only 10 days from when my amnotic sac ruptured the last time. It's all very hands off not the 'high risk' monitoring that we were lead to believe. Especially when Informed them I was pregant at 4 weeks!

breathing it's considered normal to have some breathing issues while pregant due to our system working double time. But it's always worth mentioning to the midwife.

randdom I'm so sorry your missing your mum I can see how pregancy must make the loss so much harder to cope.

spireal imagine forgetting to tell you is meant to be the expectant mother who forgets things while pregant. Never mind leave plan the perfect murder. wink

moomin my DH is 15 years older than me it amazes me often that he's meant to be the mature wise one. grin

bluestone85 Mon 21-Oct-13 13:31:04

LittleBairn thats horrendous! I would get straight on the phone to them and tell them why you are demanding an earlier scan!

bluestone85 Mon 21-Oct-13 13:35:11

I had my Flu jab last Saturday. Its red and had a lump where the injection was, is this normal?

Still waiting for a scan letter to come through. I know I only had booking appointment last Wednesday but I wish they would hurry up and send it through. Think I might ring up if I havent had anything by this Wednesday. My post isn't the best either, so it could go missing!

LittleBairn Mon 21-Oct-13 13:42:05

bluestone apparently this is the 'early' scan my midwife tried to rush for me. sad makes me wonder when I would have had the scan if she hadn't intervened.
The stupid thing is the scan is the day after I have my consultation appointment.

The problem is the system here is very disorganised but I have a decent midwife this time around so was hoping it would be smoother this time around by I suppose there is only so much she can do from within the broken system.
But I do intend to make it clear how disappointed I am with my treatment.

I'm in the process of starting a new thread grin

bluestone85 Mon 21-Oct-13 13:49:00

LittleBairn 14 weeks is too late even for a normal scan! I would still try and ring and tell ask them to give you an earlier appointment, especially if the consulatation appointment is the day before, as that makes the appointment with them a bit pointless doesnt it??

Apologies, I'm very ranty today. Everything is irritating me today sad

LittleBairn that's ridiculous shock you definitely need to try and get an earlier one if you're feeling up to it. They can't leave you like that.

loopylou52 Mon 21-Oct-13 16:41:16

Great to hear some lovely scan news coming in - keep them coming ladies! We decided to order a dopler, which has arrived today - excited and scared to try it later! I've now graduated to a lime!

Sorry to all those having a difficult day, be it for sickness or sad reasons. randomm - I'm another who lost my mum a few years ago and agree it's going through things like this that make it so much tougher. I try to think of it that I'm passing more of her onto a future generation thanks

ilovesprouts Wed 01-Jan-14 19:32:25

im gonna be a grannie again my son is due ds2 a boy 1oth of may not sure on names at the mo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now