Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2014 Bus for those with RMC issues

(409 Posts)

Hello everyone, welcome to our new hopeful but slightly paranoid bus!

NorahVanstone edd 6th June, 4 previous MC

CallingAllEngels Wed 04-Dec-13 16:31:10

Tell me about it tiny - DS is waking up and crawling into our bed every night!

Will come on over tanny. Have been on a ttc#2 thread but most of the other posters haven't been through mc and so many seem to be getting pg so easily it's quite disheartening.

tannyLoo72 Wed 04-Dec-13 10:47:42

Hey Engles so pleased to hear that your levels are finally dropping.

I've had a weird couple of weeks, and after all this time I am finally mcing a "failed pregnancy". For most of the time all my doctors were talking about ectopic pregnancy and treatment for that, which I really didn't like the idea of. Stressful and frustrating.

Both Tiny and I are over on the rmc thread, as this one was drying up. Come and join us there...

TinyTear Wed 04-Dec-13 08:31:59

Hi Engels, I also got my AF back yesterday - 34 days after the ERPC...

On to ditch the condoms now... although the 2 year old is teething and has had a few tough nights so sex has not evn been on the cards even if we were trying!

CallingAllEngels Wed 04-Dec-13 06:26:57

Tanny how are you?

I finally got a BFN last night, 7 weeks post mc. Have to wait to get all clear from hosoital next week (hcg was still 90 last week). And AF is back!

Hope everyone is well.

x

TinyTear Sun 24-Nov-13 14:15:40

Oh no tanny Hope you are ok

hackneybird Sat 23-Nov-13 23:18:51

Oh Tanny nooooooo. I really, really hope it isn't the case.

CallingAllEngels Sat 23-Nov-13 20:26:25

Oh no tanny .

Sending you a big hug.

tannyLoo72 Sat 23-Nov-13 19:33:38

So, I'm in hospital with a suspected ectopic. Should be in for a couple of days for obs. Fuck.

hackneybird Fri 22-Nov-13 22:39:56

Good luck tanny!

tannyLoo72 Wed 20-Nov-13 09:40:58

Ahh... Penguinita thats lovely to hear! So pleased it's going well.

I'm still up the duff. 5 weeks tomorrow, and the next week will be the most tricky, as it's around the 6 week mark when I mc. So many emotions about the whole thing, am the most scared that I have ruined my chances of a straightforward pg by being impatient.

I have my rmc gynae appt tomorrow so will let you know how this goes.

Sorry for the self centred twaddle sad

TinyTear Wed 20-Nov-13 08:45:35

Good news Penguinita

I am still waiting for AF after the ERPC, probably start of December, and then back on trying

CallingAllEngels Wed 20-Nov-13 06:17:21

Lovely news penguinita . Thanks for sharing. x

Penguinita Tue 19-Nov-13 23:10:31

Hi girls, not sure if anyone is still following this thread but just wanted to update you that my scan yesterday went well and they moved my due date forwards to 27 May. Just waiting for the combined nuchal testing results now, but the scan measurements were good.

I hope you are all doing well. Wishing you all fresh BFPs or happy scan news ASAP. flowers

Penguinita Tue 12-Nov-13 22:57:43

Massive thanks for sharing that video baking. Although I first tried to watch it this morning over breakfast and had to stop as I was balling my eyes out after 5 minutes and couldn't go to work in that state! Really touching stories that I am sure many of us can identify with. A big part of me wants to post the link on Facebook to raise awareness but I'm not that brave.

Hope the return to work wasn't too traumatic for you tiny and engels.

Bakingtins Tue 12-Nov-13 22:28:15

It's normal, tanny you are just protecting yourself. I had booking appt today and it just seemed ridiculous to be discussing where I want to have the baby like it was something that was going to happen. All the medics and the MW I've seen start off with "congratulations" and I'm thinking "bit early for all that". The stupid thing is, I know it doesn't even work, if you do lose the baby it doesn't make it any easier. One day at a time, plenty of time to bond later.

tannyLoo72 Tue 12-Nov-13 18:38:12

Hey Engles hope your levels drop soon.

Baking I want to watch it but I'm already a jibbering wreck...

Tbh, I feel so far from thinking of this bfp as a possible baby that it's making me feel a bit down. I know it's always going to feel like this now, and don't think I've finished processing the last mc.

CallingAllEngels Tue 12-Nov-13 18:02:10

Thanks for the film baking I'll watch when I have a chance (tryign to shrink my mountain of marking this evening!).

I had another appointment today to check HCG and had dropped to level it was 2 weeks ago but still too high (425) so next appointment is in 2 weeks time. Fx it keeps dropping and I can welcome AF (never thought I'd say that!) and get back at ttc again.

Hope everyone with sticky beans is doing well (and those of use without grin )

Bakingtins Mon 11-Nov-13 08:08:11

Tanny smile great news!

I wanted to share a link to a film about recurrent miscarriage that was posted on the RMC testing thread, I thought many of you would find it interesting, but be warned to have the tissues handy! It's on youtube here
Well worth watching.

CarrotCakeMuffins Sun 10-Nov-13 22:50:09

Congratulations Tanny, that is fantastic news! FX that it works out this time.

tannyLoo72 Sun 10-Nov-13 20:32:44

Thanks everyone! This is only the start of a long road, and could easily not go anywhere, as you know...

My mc was really light, 2 days full on bleed but then light and spotting for another 3. I went to EPU to get checked out as I thought it was too light, but they thought everything was ok as I tested neg. That was on the Monday and by the Friday I was getting horney and ewcm, so we just enjoyed feeling a bit more normal and had a sex filled few nights.

No af in between and hardly any time!

Getting pregnant has never been a problem for me.

So pleased to have your support! grin

Penguinita Sun 10-Nov-13 19:39:49

Fantastic news tanny! So pleased for you! grin

CallingAllEngels Sun 10-Nov-13 12:00:46

Wow! Congrats tanny - have you had AF inbetween?

With my 1st mc I have one period and then got pg!

I'm back towork bextweekas well tiny.

Has been great to get away this weekend. Good for my head.

penguinita keeping fx for your scan.

lucyfluff Sun 10-Nov-13 09:34:32

Wow tanny congratulations!!! Do you mind me asking if you had AF in between or much blood loss?? Im still waiting for AF after loss...day 38!!!

TinyTear Sun 10-Nov-13 09:32:53

wow tanny
Congratulations!!
So happy for you, we want to wait one cycle and then will be trying again...

Happy for you, hope it's a sticky!

tannyLoo72 Sun 10-Nov-13 09:31:35

Well! I got a BFP this morning! Am in shock (a bit) as it's only 3.5 weeks since the MC.

So many emotions and practicalities in my head.

DH is nervous and I am too. Also don't know what to do next.

Just wanted to tell you, I hope that's alright.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now