Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013 - Calling October babies: come out, come out wherever you are!

(1001 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Wed 02-Oct-13 16:41:44

Stats sheet here

New arrivals here

Key:
SC - still cooking (pre EDD)
SFW - still f***ing waiting (post EDD)
OWT - on way to theatre (CS)
IP - induction in progress
SWIL - somewhere in labour
LIT -lost in transition

legallyblond Wed 02-Oct-13 21:18:51

Baby Pseudo - come out!!!!!!

Pinkforboys Wed 02-Oct-13 21:21:02

Legally you're amazing!!

MoN so glad your ILs are lovely. Enjoy that bottle glass of baileys grin

Good luck to all those SWIL and OWT tomorrow!

MrsHoratioNelson Wed 02-Oct-13 21:25:06

Yes Nelly due tomorrow. I am currently the most popular person I know - I've had more emails, calls and texts in the last week than the rest of the year put together...

Pinkforboys Wed 02-Oct-13 21:25:25

My turn for a F*@#H moan... Please will someone reassure me that somewhere out there there exists a man who would not sit back and let his heavily pg OH hoover around his feet, but instead grab said hoover out of her hands with a gallant 'Darling, what are you doing? Let me do that! You need to rest up and look after our baby!' They would equally help tidy up toys, heave heavy boxes around and help change the bed sheets.
Or perhaps he wants this baby out early and thinks this is all in the interest of the baby...? hmm
(Gripe over, as you were...)

legallyblond Wed 02-Oct-13 21:25:32

Nah... House is looking pretty messy and in the afternoons after school (she only does mornings) DD is watching a LOT of films/cbeebies.... blush

MrsHoratioNelson Wed 02-Oct-13 21:27:17

Pink mine would say "you should have let me do that". Bit effing late now is my usual response...

legallyblond Wed 02-Oct-13 21:28:01

Pink - does not sound a million miles from scenes in our household sometimes... If you asked, no doubt he'd leap up... But they don't think at all sometimes...

Pinkforboys Wed 02-Oct-13 21:44:11

To cheer myself up... Who at the back of this bus is going to bring their bub home from the hospital in this? grin

Pinkforboys Wed 02-Oct-13 21:46:01

Or there's this for Christmas. I had a quick fondle of it in JL this morn and it's oh-so-soft....

Shootingstarsandcomets Wed 02-Oct-13 21:52:40

It's the 19th wicked so the 1st is two weeks overdue but if I've had enough when I see him for a sweep I think he'll move it for me or at least I'm telling myself he will to keep me same! Mum was early with my older brother, spot on due date with me and late with my younger brother so no help there with when I'll actually go into labour.

MrsZzz Wed 02-Oct-13 21:53:52

Checking in- SC at 39+5 and getting cramps and random contractions most nights that come to nothing in the morning. I think a couple of others are in the same boat...? I'm finding it really emotionally draining sad

Anyway, good luck for the C Sections tomorrow- let's get some more squishy babies out!

claphammama Wed 02-Oct-13 21:54:19

pink I've heard such men exist... I've also heard that unicorns exist...

love the spider outfit! And yes saw all the Halloween and Christmas outfits in JL and also thought about our October bus :-)

My DP is out with work tonight. I told him to make sure his phone needs to be charged at all times. Last week it died at 8pm when he was out and he came back at 1am and drunk... hmmm... hope he doesn't come back drunk tonight - if he does, he may get a lot of shit

MoN and oddlife once again, best of luck for tomorrow! MoN great to hear you like your MIL - especially at the time when you will need her support xx

legally you are an inspiration... you are either a superwoman or must be taking some hard drugs. (which ones? I want them) And congrats on your amazing milk - very impressive!

baby pseudo come out!!

Shootingstarsandcomets Wed 02-Oct-13 21:54:25

Love the sleepsuits pink I've got the snowman as ds had it last year but I've also bought the reindeer one as it was too irresistible!

claphammama Wed 02-Oct-13 21:57:28

crosspost - LOL pink, I fondled the same outfit in JL today! grin Was so tempted to buy it but after buying Christmas advent calendar last Sunday decided I was enough of a saddo for now... so also actively avoided the Christmas section today

ps. watching House of Surrogates on catch up now

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 02-Oct-13 21:58:30

Gosh, another thread already...Love the title too...

MoN - so glad the relatives are friendly - I think meeting my MIL for the first time would be enough to send me into labour there and then. Fingers firmly crossed for tomorrow and I do hope you manage to get a bit of sleep tonight.

Legally - I'm absolutely in awe of you managing DD, the twins and the dog single-handedly..... So what if the house is a bit messy and cbeebies is very educational anyway...I think I'd be curled up in a corner sobbing! I am already fretting about how I'm going to manage to walk the dog if I'm pinned to the sofa for hours trying to breast-feed..

Seriously, you should be giving yourself an enormous pat on the back. I feel like a true light-weight in comparison.

Pseudo - I have to confess I get rather confused about blood pressures and don't really understand what the different numbers mean, but I take my hat off to you too for coping so admirably with it all. The trips back and forth to hospital for monitoring must be incredibly stressful.

notsoold Wed 02-Oct-13 22:07:46

MoN and oddlife....good luck tomorrow!!! Xxxx

Mon oddlife and jelly good luck, checking in smile

Just back from our nct class. One couple were running a bit late, then they arrived, with their baby! Born at 36 weeks on Monday but a very healthy 7lb 5 gorgeous little girl. So weird that she was a big (boy shaped) bump in her mums tummy at our last meeting on Friday. Everyone was a bit shocked and vowed to get things more organised! I nice to see her looking so healthy and happy 2 days after giving birth. There is hope! Now a bit jealous though as I was due first! blush

Legally you are amazing! The twins seem to be really flourishing. Well done you.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 02-Oct-13 22:13:43

I've got my eye on the spider sleepsuit - please don't everyone rush to order it and send it out of stock.

MrsZzz - yes, I've had that a couple of nights and you're right it is emotionally draining as I don't think you can help but start mentally preparing yourself and then it just doesn't lead anywhere.

Are sweeps pretty routine or does it depend on the midwife? I was never offered one last time (even though I went a week past EDD). Tbh, I feel rather squeamish about the idea of one but I'm intrigued by all the different posts mentioning them.

Smitten1981 Wed 02-Oct-13 22:18:31

Good luck with the sections tomorrow ladies! Xx

ananikifo Wed 02-Oct-13 22:18:59

Wow Orange what a shock! shock What was the topic? Something they felt they still really needed to know?

Legally. I just want to echo what everyone else said. You're amazing!

I've been spending so much time leaning back in the sofa this week that I'm sure I've messed up the baby's position. sad Another reason to keep cooking!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 02-Oct-13 22:23:24

Orange - I would've felt a tad jealous too. The lady that just gave birth in my NCT group sent out an email which at the end wished the person with the next due date lots of luck and I felt irrationally disgruntled because their due date is only the day before mine...

It's utterly ridiculous but part of me wanted to jump up and down and say "heh, actually it could be me next!"

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 02-Oct-13 22:26:25

Ana - your comment has just given me the giggles! Yes, I'd love to know the topic too x

We were just discussing how labour can go on for days when they arrived. Hers was 3 hours from start to finish! I am still sure mine will be long and late though. They didn't stay for the rest but we all had a chat and a coo over the new little one. Apparently you get a refund on any classes if you have your baby before they finish.

I ordered a sling today, the hana baby one. I was going to wait and try some out at sling libraries but I decided I had to have one before the baby came. My nesting seems to be mostly in the form of buying things rather than cleaning things!

HeffalumpTheFlump Wed 02-Oct-13 22:33:03

Good luck mon and odd life, I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow. X

Checking in at 38+4, a week today until csection. I really can't keep up with you lot!

Has anyone else's hoohah swollen up to ten times it's normal size? It's all achy too, like i've been kicked by a horse straight in the fanjo. I had a look and it's seriously puffy. (sorry for tmi)

Thanks a lot by the way for all going on about the reindeer outfit. I now will not be happy if I don't buy it!! Christmas will now not be christmas without my baby dressed up as a reindeer. grin

Hope you are all doing ok and that you manage to get some rest tonight MoN.

This thread is not accepting new messages.