Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Martians 2014, thread 11. KEGELS!

(1001 Posts)

Shiny new thread, ladies smile

SuperMuddle Fri 11-Oct-13 18:02:11

END OF THREAD. Just cos it'll drive me mad leaving it at 999 posts...

grin

I want to have the last word grin

FoxMulder Fri 11-Oct-13 17:50:29

I did question my choice of words Pram but I decided to go with it anyway!

Oh, new thread!

greymoose Fri 11-Oct-13 17:24:01

ahhh apprentice thats excitingggg!!!!!

Bloody hell, Lyra, you did too! Sorry my love smile

P.s..nice Matalan haul.

greymoose Fri 11-Oct-13 17:22:59

just catching up jolls enjoy your tapas. not jealous...

we booked NCT classes and they start on december 2nd and are a couple of hours a week, the only reason we're doing it is so that dp feels a bit more involved and also to meet new people though. instead of antenatal classes as such i think, our local birthing centre provides q & a 2hr long sessions which looks really good.

the level of care between here and where we moved from is amazingly different, so glad we moved!

i'm going to start on my birth plan this weekend only because i want it straight in my head how I'm feeling at the moment but with obviously changes made as and when - am not too fussed about much of the specifics should it all go to plan but there are a couple of certain things i want done a certain way and just incase i have a midwife or consultants who would like to do things differently to me purely based on personal preference/cost/ease, and id rather them be written down even if its just so dp knows what i want/will or won't consent to and can make it clear should i be unable to.

does anyone know a way to get them to give me a caesarian at first instance of problems rather than using high forceps - is there any way i can word this to make it clear that under no circumstances whatsoever are they to be used? (not interested in having a debate about how cruel i am for that btw!)

also does anyone know how you ask to keep the placenta and if they will happily give it to you?

becca are you ok?!?!

Pram, I called you sweet just a few days ago on FB wink

BWP, why is it such a struggle to get out of the house?

Apprentice, I'm next Friday too and I think Becca is too.

I had a very productive shopping trip to Matalan this afternoon. I got a pencil skirt with a stretchy waistband which goes over-bump now and will go under when I'm bigger. Also three long-sleeve t-shirt tops which will accommodate my bump for the next few months. All this from their normal range, not maternity, which means it should all still be usable after the birth. Also got the boys two pairs of pyjamas each. Grand total: £54.

*if

Foxy, don't know it I've ever been called 'sweet', not even as a three year-old. I like it.

Apprentice, you seem much more buoyant. Things are improving at work and home?

Edamame, come and say hello. You, too, Baby bear.

MaybeIt'sBecauseYou'reOnTheToilet, where are you, lovely?

apprenticemamma Fri 11-Oct-13 16:55:36

This time next week we'll know if we r team pink or blue!!!!smile Scanning next Fri 18th. Who else is up next week?

FoxMulder Fri 11-Oct-13 16:36:16

Oh thanks Pram that's really sweet. They are very nice indeed. I think I'm going to try & make do with bump bands for now though. I'm gonna need my cash for this bathroom I'm about to buy (and my friend who lives in the Canaries has invited me to come visit...I so want to go, but I don't know if I can find the time/money!)

Baking, my placenta is anterior, too, and I have felt no movement (Not likely to, either, for another few weeks). This, coupled with the fact that we don't know the sex, is creating much excitement in the Pram household because, as yet, this baby is still so unknown to us. I don't find this disconcerting; quite the opposite. We are so excited for the birth!

BakingEating Fri 11-Oct-13 15:55:58

April one of my nipples was absolute agony a fortnight ago. I found it was better if kept warm so that it wasn't cold and pointy...

I had a great time at the doctors yesterday. We had a lovely long scan (17 weeks now) and had some useful advice on hospital selection. I could see baby waving and moving its mouth. Turns out my placenta is anterior, so I won't feel movement for a few more weeks. Does anyone else find it quite strange that there's this whole tiny person in there? I'm getting quite soppy and wondering what baby will look like and what it's personality will be.

Sorry, Jolls, I didn't get that from your post.

Jolleigh Fri 11-Oct-13 14:57:00

Interesting way of looking at it BWP. I'll definitely have a look into that.

BadlyWrittenPoem Fri 11-Oct-13 14:40:01

Hot, I had braxton hicks from about 22 or 23 weeks last time (never had them at all the first time) and they were always painless so didn't give any opportunity to practice dealing with the pain.

Re pethidine vs diamorphine, I didn't know about diamorphine until I asked for pethidine during my first labour and they told me that they did diamorphine rather than pethidine - antenatal classes had talked about pethidine and my MW had not mentioned it when going through my birth plan which referred to pethidine. Then last pregnancy my consultant asked me whether I would want pethidine because she said that with having a homebirth, if I said in advance I might want it I would be able to get it more quickly as they would do the prescription ready rather than waiting till I asked for it so I have no idea whether it has changed or not or is different for homebirths or what.

Jolls, that sounds very difficult. I don't know whether this is helpful but apparently when boys first become sexually aware they often without realising develop an internal set of "rules" about who they can find sexually attractive and sometimes one of those rules often rules out pregnant women (because it usually indicates they are "taken" and also at the time of developing the "rules", pregnant women would also generally be too old for the anyway). Obviously this rule has a flaw as at some point they are likely to end up in a relatinship with someone who is pregnant and if they aren't then able to adapt their rules then it can cause problems. Not sure whether that's helpful but I thought I'd mention in case it is.

AFM, this morning at seventeen weeks I went to toddler group (which is about 250m away from the house) with the children. It probably doesn't sound like much but I never even dreamed that such a thing could be possible for me during pregnancy so it feels almost miraculous that I am capable of it.

SuperMuddle Fri 11-Oct-13 14:26:18

Hi, just popping in when I shouldn't be so haven't caught up on everyone's doings. Hope everyone's well. Will go back and read in a bit...

I had my 16 week midwife appointment today; everything normal, and I heard the heartbeat!! Was so exciting to hear it at last, especially as I have been feeling very unpregnant for the last few weeks. I forgot to ask what the bpm was, apologies to anyone wanting to guess the sex from it.

Jolleigh Fri 11-Oct-13 14:20:23

Pram - I think my original post did say something along these lines? Something about there not being something else happening that's making me still feel wanted?

I'm well aware that once there's a child here, sex is going to become an after thought for a while, and I'm prepared for that. I'd just like to make the most of my last 5 child free months with my partner. Especially while the increased blood flow to that area means speed bumps are getting me horny confused

April, you poor sod, I have no advice about that sore nipple but do call the midwife about it; she may give you Lansinoh.

Becca, how horrible. I hate falling over. How are you now? Here, you two, have these: thanks they're from Harvey Nicks flower hall.

Jolls, I guess what I was trying to say was maybe you could look at the non-sexual facets of your relationship that thrill you about each other and explore those a bit more.

Madwife, thank you for sharing your wisdom last night.

This thread is not accepting new messages.