Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014(Thread 10) - Getting out of breath!Don't forget to squeeze when you sneeze laydeez!

(1000 Posts)
Toothfairy78 Tue 01-Oct-13 22:04:25

Diddle-leee-deeeee. Diddle-lid-did-deee! It's the finaaaal countdown!

Oh yeah third trimester!

Hoping we bring space and idris with us....

BookTart Mon 28-Oct-13 07:31:29

I've been up since stupid o'clock as well toby and choco. Too scared to leave the house (I have loads of big trees in my garden and some of them are looking wobbly!) and too scared to drive to work, so will WFH this morning and go in later. Any excuse smile

Hope everyone is well this morning. So glad you got checked out and things are okay puggle.

Angelesque Mon 28-Oct-13 07:29:40

toby just shows how pregnancy has changed my outlook on life... When you said wind had woken you up I assumed you meant "intestinal issues", oops!

No storm here in the North West... Just grey skies and drizzle... sad

chocoloulou33 Mon 28-Oct-13 06:56:49

Oh no toby hope ur ok.
Been awake since 5.30. Wind woke me up. Thats the wind outside I mean people. Not me personally. Girls been up since 6am. Gonna be a long day. Weather is crazy. Bit concerned about the swaying lamp post and big tree outside front of our house.so glad its my day off work.
stay safe ladies x

TobyLerone Mon 28-Oct-13 02:17:45

Stupid wind woke me up. It's definitely picking up now. Also, the heartburn is back, and has brought with it some lovely stomach cramps sad

Lol @ sultana's piles and the attempted viewing thereof grin

Off to the new thread -- thanks, tooth!

chocoloulou33 Mon 28-Oct-13 00:25:43

Literally falling asleep. Just had quick read but will catch up properly 2moro. We must fill up this thread! X

Toothfairy78 Sun 27-Oct-13 23:21:35
Toothfairy78 Sun 27-Oct-13 23:09:03

It's late and I'm finally awake.

Doh!

I'll go start a new thread, back in two shakes...

Sultanajo Sun 27-Oct-13 21:28:18

Lol! puggle and frizz imagine a full length mirror, facing it ass first and trying to glance over my shoulder while squatting....yup! That'll do it!

Off to bed myself me thinks. Rain is pissing down, am feeling itchy and DH is watching homeland....

Frizz1986 Sun 27-Oct-13 20:44:48

puggle poor you. Sounds very sucky indeed but glad everyone was lovely and definitely tine for you to rest.

sultana lol. It is always a bad idea to look in that area with a mirror and i am really not sure how you would manage it whilst pg....

Just eaten my tea of pasta in a cheesey sauce followed by the cupcake i came home with. Am feeling so sleepy now though so possibly off to bed to watch some sneaky tv shows on the laptop.
Busy day off tomorrow, before a very busy 4 days at work.

8 weeks til mat leave (still waiting for confirmation of my dates and my meeting to go through all the terms etc, they are so damn slow!)

puggle01 Sun 27-Oct-13 20:07:52

Poor you with your haemorrhoid sultana However, the thought of trying to see it in the mirror has made me laugh quite a lot. I'm thinking of those special "do you like the back of your haircut" mirrors from hairdressers....
Hope it settles down quickly cake

Sultanajo Sun 27-Oct-13 19:58:14

puggle phew!!! Poor you - it cant be helped missing work for something so important and hopefully everyone will be lovely to you tomorrow....grin

Plus I too am in the sofa group! Made it out this afternoon to asda and got petrol and then finished tidying upstairs before collapsing back on the sofa again! grin Finding it hard not to nap on a daily basis which is very unlike me!!!

Toby bless ya. Enjoy your well deserved chinese and good luck with all the clothes! I still havent got any further with patchwork quilt I started at the start of being preggers.....hmm

frizz you weekend in York sounds absolutely lush! What a fab time!

Ok, so TMI but I think I have my first haemorrhoid! Omg! blush blush blush blush Tried to have a look in the mirror to see what was going on and am now scarred for life!!! hmm

Toothfairy78 Sun 27-Oct-13 19:53:14

Evening all!

puggle glad you are ok

I see everyone is tired! We went to a friends for lunch today, then off to Costco to top up on a few bits. DH ordered me to bed for a nap as I was clearly wiped out! And ToothJr has been poking about high and very low too!

Have hardly done anything today. Yawn!

Any volunteers to start the new thread?

Angelesque Sun 27-Oct-13 19:33:06

Glad everything is okay Puggle and that midwife was lovely. And let's celebrate sitting on the sofa! strokes TV remote

TobyLerone Sun 27-Oct-13 19:21:03

Glad you got checked out, puggle. And glad everyone was nice smile

Look after yourself!

puggle01 Sun 27-Oct-13 19:11:06

So stupid- woke up with a bit of crampy pain and saw some blood - not a huge amount but certainly some. Quite literally thought "oh bugger I've no tampons in this flat stupid period" before thinking hmm
Midwives & consultant were absolutely lovely, little one started jumping about almost as soon as I lay down but still said right thing to be checked out etc etc got scanned etc

I haven't been in my current job very long and I know its daft but I don't want them to think I'm weak or unreliable cos I'm pregnant - hence a bit of the Sunday night woes - and I hate letting people down which I feel I did on Fri. Six more weeks of work and definitely counting down.

I think the cure for this current malaise may be buying stuff with ears. smile And Bavarian 0% alcohol lager which is surprisingly like the real thing.
In a weird way glad to hear so many people are taking to the sofa. Hope everyone is comfy and waited on and given sole charge of the remote.
Good luck tomorrow nature btw sorry I haven't said earlier

Angelesque Sun 27-Oct-13 18:55:00

Might have just ordered a fleecy romper suit with little bear #ears from Little White Company

#ears #teamears

TobyLerone Sun 27-Oct-13 18:54:26

What happened, puggle? Hope you're ok now.

quackojuliet Sun 27-Oct-13 18:44:17

Ooh puggle hope you're ok, though its easy to jump to conclusions you won't necessarily be induced/not get a waterbirth, poor you having to be alone worrying about it.

MrsVDB Sun 27-Oct-13 18:42:02

I'm with you all being shattered just napped for 2 hours while dh and his uncle plaster the bedroom. Feel guilty but honestly just feel so drained. It's close to 1st trimester tiredness and is just getting worse

quackojuliet Sun 27-Oct-13 18:39:19

Hello ladies, glad to hear there's rest going on...I've been lazing about all weekend eating nice food and watching tv (a novelty for me- just got a tv and freeview for the first time) in the bedroom! Thought it would be appreciated for those long winter months with a newborn attached to me...
Planning to clean the kitchen top to bottom tomorrow...ha...we'll see how far I get. Its in desperate need of it.
Think I experienced what's known as 'lightning crotch' or 'knitting needles up fanjo' today.. Several stabby cervix pains when I was walking. Google assures me its normal?!
Which reminds me toby I have a crotchet jobbie blanket which is taking me forever gah so I'll sit with it and see if it actually gets any bigger...

puggle01 Sun 27-Oct-13 18:30:57

Hello everyone. Who took the batteries out of me for 3rd trimester? I'm buggered and bugger all use. Definitely have the Sunday night blues sad

Had minor scare on Fri first thing so had to get checked out -had to cancel my work stuff for that day - fortunately all was fine but have been told won't be going past 40/52. Have been trying not to fret about it all weekend, but the thought of trying to sort it out tomorrow is definitely giving me Sunday nightitis. And have decided in my head that will now be induced with the drip of no mercy and there'll be no nice waterbirth anymore.

To cap it all, should have driven the 3 hours or so to spend the weekend with my husband at our old flat but wasn't up to the drive on Fri night. We move in 2 weeks time so he stayed down to get the packing started - so its been a lonely weekend for me.

I know it could be much worse - there could have been a problem on Fri, could have been kept in etc etc but definitely in need of cake or a good kick up the bum

TarkaTheOtter Sun 27-Oct-13 18:02:01

I'm exhausted. DH has decided that DD watches to much tv and has banned it except for first and last thing. This has significantly more impact on me than him. Can't wait til he's back at work tomorrow so we can watch as much cbeebies as we want without risking an argument about it... and I might get a sit down.

TobyLerone Sun 27-Oct-13 17:59:23

Oooh, York is lovely, frizz smile

Angelesque Sun 27-Oct-13 16:42:46

Ooh we're near 1000 posts!

At a christening today - DH was godfather, which was lovely. Definitely starting to get tired more easily again, but still nowhere near as bad as 1st trimester!

Good to hear people seem to be having a quiet Sunday after such a manic week for you all. Bring on third trimester chilling I say!

Frizz1986 Sun 27-Oct-13 16:30:11

Just trying to do a mega catch up whilst Dh drives us home from our night away in York.
All of these takeaways and treats are sounding yum.
I need to do my weekly shop tomorrow. Thank god i booked the day off work as I am shattered.

mythree that sounds like a horrible journey. I have to say that if I had been faced with an 80 mile detour I may not have made it.

So this weekend in York has been fab. Stayed at the marriott for free as we used up points we got for having our wedding at our local one.
Spent yesterday wandering round a bit of the walls, getting yummy food at the market, the Jorvik viking centre and having a cupcake in the most lovely cupcake place I have been to. We went in and out of the city on the park and ride and I managed to find a toilet when I needed one too (thank you m&s)
Had a lush Indian for tea as well (not normally a fan but it was the best I have ever had)
Then today it was more nibbles from the market (Inc massive doughnuts and patisserie cakes) some cupcakes to take home and then we went to a bird of prey centre which was awesome. I got to hold a snowy owl!
Only an hour til we are back home to collect pooch from the in laws. Then something for tea (not sure what) and snoozing. Marriott beds are too soft to deal with me and my pg pillow.

This thread is not accepting new messages.