Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2014(Thread 10) - Getting out of breath!Don't forget to squeeze when you sneeze laydeez!

(1000 Posts)
Toothfairy78 Tue 01-Oct-13 22:04:25

Diddle-leee-deeeee. Diddle-lid-did-deee! It's the finaaaal countdown!

Oh yeah third trimester!

Hoping we bring space and idris with us....

Sultanajo Wed 02-Oct-13 19:55:09

Mrsv great stuff! Glad all is OK!

Lalunya when I was freaking out, the midwife told me to down a large ice cold drink and then sit still for an hour with no distractions, including tv etc. It worked - within half an hour I had a kick. When I am concentrating and running about all over the place I barely feel anything, although when I think back I am pretty sure there have been kicks....then when I sit still he is probably napping! The cold drink and sitting still worked for me - worth a try?

Re: changing bags - I got this one: www.johnlewis.com/bababing-daytripper-deluxe-paternity-satchel-city-black/p231263188 which is awesome! Seems to have everything you need in a neat and above all LIGHT WEIGHT bag, which DH would be happy to be seen wearing also, as it could be mistaken for a laptop bag.... All the rest I tried were so girly and HEAVY! Ridiculous! This was still quite pricey, but the reviews were all really positive and I really like it....

Frizz1986 Wed 02-Oct-13 19:59:27

layluna if your moving around loads bubs is probably being soothed to sleep by your activity. I only feel bubs at relaxed moments atm.

Finally got through to mw and was told to mention the pains down from my belly button at my next app as it could be diastasis where the abdominal muscles are stretching apart and some bodies cope better than others.
She also told me about the pee situation and she said as long as its not continuously coming out it is prob just pee not af. Am gonna mention that at my next app too just in case. I have made a list as mw didnt seem worried and next app is only 2 weeks away.

changing bags my sister is loaning me 2. Have no idea what they are like but they will do!

Sultanajo Wed 02-Oct-13 19:59:29

Meant to add Welcome Dino!

Sultanajo Wed 02-Oct-13 20:01:21

Great stuff Frizz! Glad she wasn't concerned. Always worth calling if you are worried though - nothing worse than sitting there winding yourself up!

TobyLerone Wed 02-Oct-13 20:05:00

Dammit, now I'm looking at changing bags!

I like this one.

puggle01 Wed 02-Oct-13 20:08:16

Congratulations Space - hope the wee fella is doing ok.
Welcome dino I'm also a recent joiner but sometime lurker and also due on 4th Jan. Hey due date buddy smile

Yay for you Toby I would have also been go-karting if I worked with you. I hate hearing that colleagues have enjoyed a day free of kids etc and spent it getting waxed "pampering" when their other half spends their reciprocal time climbing/walking etc. Not starting the wax or not lady garden debate honest - its just its "maintenance" in my view - like painting a fence or ahem mowing the lawn wink Its not fun... or a hobby...

Go ape is ace by the way though I think the management would not want preggers ladies anywhere near!

Glad I'm not the only person sat with mouth open last night watching Ch4 gypsies. Decided no matter how rubbish I might be at this whole baby looking after thing at least I won't be holding a fag to its mouth

Sultanajo Wed 02-Oct-13 20:30:47

Lol Toby! Yeah, I like that one too! I wonder how heavy it is. I saw some really nice ones, but as soon as I picked them up, bearing in mind they were empty, they weighed a ton!

I made that mistake with a laptop bag that didn't look like a laptop bag - it was purple and lush. However, when I lugged it around London on the underground for a few hours I was massively regretting it! It was just soooo heavy with my laptop in it and the shoulder straps dug in! I got it because I didn't want to advertise the fact I was carrying round a laptop. However, by the end of the day I was almost hoping someone WOULD nick it so I didn't have to carry it any more! wink

toby I am with you on the go-karting. 'Pampering' always ends up being so much less fun than it looks.

It's my birthday tomorrow - sadly there will be no go-karting, paintballing or other such fun; have a colleague's leaving party (for which I am currently making a Lego cake!) and teaching that evening. Bah.

lalunya I am only just establishing a pattern to bean's kicks at nearly 27 weeks - and I'm sure I still mistake wind for kicks on occasion grin. I also didn't have a bump until 23-4 weeks, and am tall and fat.

Right, Lego cake's a calling. More coffee icing to make (he is a coffee fiend, so I am trying to combine his main passions in life into one cake. If i could only fit a pint of cider in there grin). Night all.

TobyLerone Wed 02-Oct-13 20:40:00

I hadn't even thought of the weight of a changing bag. Thanks, sultana!

Happy birthday for tomorrow, Humpty grin October is the best month! And good luck with the cake.

Sultanajo Wed 02-Oct-13 20:49:33

Nor did I Toby until I actually picked one up! All those "yummy mummy" ones that everyone seems to have weigh a ton!!! Really no idea why they are soooo popular!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Humpty. Hope the cake turns out well and your colleague appreciates it!

I LOVE go-karting! It's soooo much fun and my competitive streak properly comes out! I also love a bit of pampering. My mate got me into spas 15 years ago - she used to go several times a year and I just didn't get the appeal. Then she took me for a weekend to Forest Mere (before Champneys took it over) and it was just lush! I was hooked! Had the most amazing massage of my life (it was my first, but I was soooo surprised how good it made me feel) and just walking around in a robe, chilling on sofas reading my book, swimming and not having to worry about getting into clothes again afterwards or doing my hair - just shoving your robe back on and then grabbing some lunch....ahhhh....blissssssss!

TarkaTheOtter Wed 02-Oct-13 21:29:58

Not that into pampering (scruff) but I love a massage when you know it doesn't have to be reciprocated later. Pregnancy massage always seems like a bit of a let down though so waiting til the baby is out for my next one.

chocoloulou33 Wed 02-Oct-13 22:02:24

Well hello ladies. Well done for filling up other thread haha. This one been busy already. You all sound like ur sooo organised. We have got a few outfits but that's it. Am also putting up all dd's baby clothes on ebay. Other than that dont have anything aarghhh. Give me some pram advice plz ladies. With dd over 6 years ago had a graco travel system but it was sooo big and bulky. They are all so different now but dont wanna be paying much over £200. Just dont have that kind of budget. I do want a travel system though if poss. Any recommendations? X

chocoloulou33 Wed 02-Oct-13 22:06:34

Oh and midwife went ok 2day but have been referred to physio for my back pain. Not sure what they'll do exactly. Have felt more movement 2day. Sounds like lots of us going through same worries with the movements xx

sarahleanne Wed 02-Oct-13 22:13:17

Aww I love massages. I had one last month and have one booked in for next Tuesday.But to be honest with a 5 ur old and 2 ur old to look after on my own 24/7 I use a massage as a good excuse to get a sitter and bugger off for a few hours!
I do also love go karting though !!
Baby is kicking the hell out of me tonight. I'm carrying the same as I did with DS too, basically my fat has spread to my ass and thighs,woohoo!!

frizz I meant to say the other day GL for your partners interview. I know what it's like as dh didn't have a job lined up when we found out baby no.3 was on its way. I really have my fingers crossed for you both.

humpty happy birthday for tomorrow!! Enjoy yourself xx

Oh I never thought of changing bags being heavy . Mine just came with the pram I bought so I'll probably stick with that one . It's plain black but I don't really mind. I suppose that's the problem with not knowing the sex , everything is neutral and well a bit boring I suppose. I remember buying a black and beige pram when pregnant with dd (didn't find out the sex) and as soon as she was born all I could think about were all the lovely Girly prams id seen when pregnant.

I am finding it really hard to sleep lately. I go to sleep and then an hour later I'm wide awake again , it's driving me totally nuts. It doesn't help that Dd has decided to start waking up in the night again.

Wow I'm waffling a lot.

sarahleanne Wed 02-Oct-13 22:14:59

YEAR old not 'ur old' stupid phone

TobyLerone Wed 02-Oct-13 22:18:57

loulou there was a thread on Pregnancy yesterday about a £100 travel system in Mothercare. Can't remember the name. Might have been Joie?

Spacefrog35 Wed 02-Oct-13 22:43:34

Hi ladies. Thanks for the invite to hang around grin would love to stay and keep you all company.

Little man is doing ok, spent quite a lot of time with him today. Can't believe how exhausted I am, guess some of it is the emotion. Very jealous of those of you who have had leaky boobs. Sounds like a daft thing to say but I'm hand expressing to try & get my milk to come in and it's hard! Everyone is really encouraging about it but it's so frustrating when after half and hour of wringing out your nipples you've managed 0.1ml of milk blush

Can't quite get over how blase I've become about 'bodily functions' in the last 48 hours! Always been a bit uncomfortable about it before now quite happy discussing all sorts of stuff with total strangers - something else for you all to look forward to!

Welcome newbies & lurkers, sorry for not remembering names.

Happy birthday for tomorrow humpty

AnotherStitchInTime Wed 02-Oct-13 22:44:49

choco how about a Petite Star Zia Evolve? Bambino Direct have it for a reasonable price here in petrol.

If you don't mind second hand you can pick up more expensive models on Ebay for less.

Hope you have a good day on your birthday tomorrow humpty, many happy returns thanks

Spacefrog35 Wed 02-Oct-13 22:45:40

& one last thing, sarah how is your niece getting on? Sorry meant to ask the other day but forgot blush

Toothfairy78 Wed 02-Oct-13 23:07:48

Evening!

Glad to see peeps on here. smile

Welcome and congrats to dino

Happy Birthday to humpty. I hope you get spoilt rotten at some point!

Man, I'm pooped! Roll on mat leave!

sarahleanne Wed 02-Oct-13 23:21:17

space she actually came home from Bristol today ! Thank you so much for asking.
Well done with the hand expressing. It sounds so disheartening but your doing so well, keep it up!!

AnotherStitchInTime Wed 02-Oct-13 23:43:11

Space that must be disheartening, but they only need a little of that liquid gold especially when so tiny. Have you tried galactogogues such as fenugreek, blessed thistle or they might prescribe domperidone to help increase your supply? Also get a hospital grade pump, they should be able to give you one there or a Medela swing electric double pump and pump every two hours minimum day and night (in fact at pumping at night works really well to help increase supply). If they will let you pump in the unit next to Idris, just looking at them helps. If that is not possible try a photo or video and pump in the bath or just after you get out. Warm flannels on the boobs before you start also helps.

AnotherStitchInTime Wed 02-Oct-13 23:44:29

Good news Sarah smile

extracrunchy Thu 03-Oct-13 01:01:32

Oh Sarah that's brilliant!

Space - I second Another, they should provide you with a medical grade electric pump (Medela Swing is fab), and you can push for domperidone to help supply. Sounds like champagne, is in fact a drug designed for digestive issues, but in small doses has as a side effect increased prolactin - i.e. breastmilk producing hormone. It's not officially approved yet for help with milk supply but can be prescribed if you do your homework. Worked wonders for me when struggling with DS. Also second looking at a picture/the real (amazing!!) deal - for some reason it stimulates production and letdown. Thinking of you!

Sultanajo Thu 03-Oct-13 05:02:12

Space bless ya! I can only imagine how frustrating that must be for you, but as the others have said they only need a tiny amount at this stage. It will happen (according to all the books I have read and people I have spoken to) so keep at it! You will be a pro in no time and giving us all tips and tricks when we need them!

Sarah how great is that about your niece! She is just amazing!

I too am in the "get to sleep no problem, but then awake a few hours later "camp". This morning I actually woke with shoulder pain - must have slept awkwardly (which isn't a surprise considering the way I have to prop myself up with the heartburn) so have got up and started work early (will hopefully be able to grab a quick nap this afternoon before back to work again in the evening).... Yawn!

Happy Birthday Humpty!

This thread is not accepting new messages.