Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due in May 2014? Pregnant with an Appleseed, Sweet Pea, Blueberry, Raspberry or Green Olive? Then come and join the Maybies

(1000 Posts)

Hello and welcome to all new and old Maybies.

Here is a link to our stats page for anyone to add or update their info.

Stats Details

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:23:55

Yes mumof2 no dieting for next 9months yay

Snoozy you are only 3 days away from a blueberry sized baby.

NannyPlumForPM Fri 27-Sep-13 19:29:32

hasn't read disc world blush

On the forgetful front, I cooked dd some fishfingers and waffles for tea (very nutritious) came back half an hour later and I had forgot to put the tray IN the oven hmm unimpressed she was.

I am sicky again today blearghh. On the plus side I am now lounging in my wonderful new maternity bra grin I've gone up to a 38 F!! It's huuuuge

AliOh Fri 27-Sep-13 19:29:46

ThePFJ took me ages to choose a screen name for here and you've just reminded me that my teenage screen name used to be Rincewind ! Whyy didn't I remember that! Lol

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:30:43

No some how mumof2 im massive because so i dont feel sick i eat hehehe

I was going to say somthing else but forgot ahhh brain

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 19:32:11

hehe, not a very exciting tale I'm afraid. Definitely not popcorn worthy. Basically I run a small business making bridal accessories and Facebook is my main marketing site, so I have to spend sooo much of my day updating statuses, uploading pics and networking with other businesses, it feels like I spend most of my life on there!

oooh chip You poor thing! fx for a nice uneventful journey (but take spare trousers and pants just in case...

a bit nervous my pillow recommendation is being taken but I've got it out to check and even in its well used state I can confirm it's snuggly as anything.

hi Snoozy! welcome in x

ThePFJ Fri 27-Sep-13 19:35:46

You know what to do Chip get a measure of brandy down you - it will work a treat. Brandy will stop the flow. TRUST me... also will make the 'smile and nod when you make eye contact' thing with your foreign in laws SOOOOOO much easier to do 50 times in 2 hours......

Oh chip im the same, eating is yge inly thing yhst takes away the nausea, im going to be the size of a house! I cant wait for my scan on the 13th October as soon as I know baby is ok im hitting the weights and cardio again.

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:38:18

Thats the plan facebook hehehe

With ms if you have sudden urge u can lean over a hedge and there u go, i know its not nice but i cant leave my problem behind, oh i suppose i could go for a walk in a dog park grin oh would have to be in the dark blush keep up brain that is not a good idea ahhh

Oh yer remember now not even that interesting sorry
Bluberry +3 yay well exciting for me grin

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 19:40:16

mwahahahaha! mumof2 you enjoy those digestives! I say crunch extra loud and he can sulk all he likes

Nanny don't worry we won't judge you for not reading Discworld books (much ;) ), they're fab though if you like a bit of fantasy humour e.g. 'a wizard's staff has a knob on the end', you get the idea. And your oven incident made me chuckle. I tend to turn our hob off at the wall in case DS decides to turn the dials, many meals this week have been left on cold hob rings until my fuzzy brain clicks into gear.

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:40:33

Umm brandy and i could just blame every thing on pregnacy hormones no one would guess i was a little tipsy hehehe

My forum names have always been uninteresting.. just variations on my name/nickname.

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 19:44:45

Nothing wrong with that Moomin, there was a long while I didn't post on any discussions because I couldn't come up with a name (seriously this was the best I came up with after brainstorming)

nanny PFJ which discworld book is your fav? I need a new book to read. Ordered Don quixote de la mancha but finding it so freaking difficult!

Halfbaked Fri 27-Sep-13 19:45:44

Oh a shiny new thread- welcome new Maybies

I will mainly be sieving poo this weekend. I've just spent the afternoon in A&E as DD swallowed a coin! Thankfully she's ok, just got to make sure nature takes its course- bleurgh!

The joys of parenthood!! I might have to put DH on duty as strong smells are making me gag, and with my super sense of smell everything is a strong smell!

I've got a full body pillow lurking in the garage, must get it out I forget what it's called but it is amazing.
8+5

Chip86 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:48:40

Oh halfbaked that sounds fun glad your DD ok though

lolablu Fri 27-Sep-13 19:50:44

hi everyone on the shiny new thread. my blueberry (i think thats my fruit of the week) and I have arrived smile 7 weeks today.. horay.. midwife on tuesday. call me paranoid but I dont want to write my stats up until my 12 week scan. it still feels like my little secret at the moment. :D

ThePFJ Fri 27-Sep-13 19:58:08

Facebook awwwwwww I think you have every reason for that name.... I would love to see what you sell!! I am sure your pillow recommendation is wonderful.. I can't wait to get one... pregnant is my excuse to get things to increase my sofa time appreciation.... wink

Yay Chip! Brandy will sort you right out.. 2 hours in the car with the runs... you will need it!

Favourite discworld book.... arghhhhh too hard to choose really.... the novels get better and better as Pratchett improves... but since we are all girls together here.... You should definately read the witches books... they get sooooooo good ..... then the Death and the Watch novels.....
here's a link grin it will help.....

www.lspace.org/books/reading-order-guides/the-discworld-reading-order-guide-20.jpg

I am notte a Discworld Nutter. Honest. COUGH COUGH.
Well you DID aske.......

ThePFJ Fri 27-Sep-13 20:00:24

Halfbaked OMG poor you..... sieving poo...... something I have never had to do.. yet......
Lola awwwwwww for your little secret..... you are so much more patient than me.... jealous!

Lovely stuff equal rites it is then, thank you PFJ

NannyPlumForPM Fri 27-Sep-13 20:07:26

Yep I'm gonna get me to thee library and pick out some disc world, I'm actually a 13 year old boy in disguise quite a fan of all things fantasy smile cheers girlies!

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 20:07:53

Halbaked you brave soul, definitely has the other half for help don't struggle through the smell (oh and buy a sieve you can throw away after...)

mumof2 my absolute favourite discworld book is 'Small Gods', I could read that one over and over (and it's not as tied in to the series characters as others are so it's a good book to wet your Pratchett whistle)

NannyPlumForPM Fri 27-Sep-13 20:09:21

Effing hell I can't even read the bloody reading order!

FacebookStoleMyLife Fri 27-Sep-13 20:10:27

Equal Rites is fab too! a great one to pick to start mumof2, oh and 'Thief of time' is amazing, if I wasn't deeply engrossed in the Song of Ice and Fire books I'd be raiding my bookshelves

ThePFJ Fri 27-Sep-13 20:13:23

Awwwwww NannyPlum we still love you even if you are a young boy haunting Mumsnet in order to understand the mysterious ways of womankind......Is there anything you would like to ask us about pants... or boobies???!!!

facebook Small gods is brilliant... If had to pick one today... It would be Wee Free Men.. but I'll change my mind tomorrow. Big Jobs!

This thread is not accepting new messages.